Bluesound Node

witchdoctor

Bluesound Node
« on: 28 May 2017, 02:32 pm »
I got a Bluesound Node because I wanted to see if I could improve the SQ of my PC. This component comes in for less than $500 and works great as a streamer to my Parasound DAC and works great as a DAC/ streamer via RCA to my pre-amp. The added bonus is it is MQA capable. With every major label commited to converting their catalog to MQA I feel prepared to really enjoy the next evolution of music. I feel bad for consumers spending more than $500 for a DAC/streamer that will likely drop in value like a boat anchor by CES 2018. The Node is a fantastic component and I really like the software interface too. Now I can stop subscribing to Roon too.

I would recommend this component if you want a nice software interface for ALL of your files and subscription services. Bluesound OS is evolving and easy to use. If you want to simplify your system this component includes a streamer and a dac. No need for a PC/CDP and a separate DAC.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2017, 07:26 pm by witchdoctor »

Samac

Re: Bluesound Node
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2017, 06:30 pm »
The Bluesound Node 2 is a well thought out, well made, great sounding streamer with excellent functionality and OS. I've had mine nearly a year and love it. :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

brj

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2017, 04:40 pm »
Thanks for the review, WD.  You may want to read the Critic's Circle Guidelines for suggestions on how to expand the review to make it more helpful and relevant to readers.

geowak

« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2017, 02:35 am »
I am perplexed by the fact there has not been more talk about Bluesound. Mostly from a budget minded perspective or from audiophiles who are not Bill Gates.
For $500 one can get the Node 2 and enjoy some terrific features. Ability to stream digital files wirelessly or wired to your audio system from your HDD. A music streaming device which can play Pandora, Spotify, Tidal or Roon. MQA file unfolding and playback (hi-rez) music. The ability to use one's Iphone or Ipad/Android phone or tablet as a control device for your digital music. And more really great customer support plus updates from Bluesound. Did I mention it has a GREAT dac?