Announcing new LIO “SS” upgrade (Silent Switching)

SteveKi

Re: Announcing new LIO “SS” upgrade (Silent Switching)
« Reply #20 on: 20 Oct 2016, 10:34 pm »
I'm starting to rather like the "click".

Not me. I find that the click is always interfering with the musical experience. Hearing amazing new detail in my music... then 'click'. Over the last year two of my guests said that the clicks would drive them nuts. Now with DHT mine switches banks every 2:35.

I suspect there is a large variation in the loudness of the click. Some people have the LIO next to them on their desktop and can barely hear it. I can hear mine across the room. Worse now that I am listening near field.
Steve

Vinnie R.

« Reply #21 on: 20 Oct 2016, 11:34 pm »
Ok -

I listened to all your feedback about the relays in the circuit.  For some, it was not a bother.  For others,
it was.  For those who want to upgrade to the silent switching circuit, please email me to schedule it in.
It only takes a few days...

Thank you,

Vinnie

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 21 Oct 2016, 12:13 am »
Not me. I find that the click is always interfering with the musical experience. Hearing amazing new detail in my music... then 'click'. Over the last year two of my guests said that the clicks would drive them nuts. Now with DHT mine switches banks every 2:35.

I suspect there is a large variation in the loudness of the click. Some people have the LIO next to them on their desktop and can barely hear it. I can hear mine across the room. Worse now that I am listening near field.
Steve
Send it in, you will be delighted. 

mcanaday

« Reply #23 on: 21 Oct 2016, 11:57 am »
I listen nearfield and heard the clicks but they never really bothered me very much.  But I decided anyway to do the silent switching when I had my LIO in to get the DHT upgrade.  It has surprised me how much I love the silent switching.  Highly recommended.  And I will have more to sayon the DHT once I have had a bit more time with it!

mirekti

« Reply #24 on: 21 Oct 2016, 12:13 pm »
I don't understand this debate. Clicking was a bad thing, end of story.
Click model was there as initial solution. It was a big no, no for me and I posted this some time back, but didn't want to go into further discussion even though I was tried to be convinced this was not so "bad" thing.
I understand some could live with it, but it's... ah, never mind.

The most important thing, this has now been fixed and one can easily upgrade, everything can be upgraded. Which company does this? - None. You'd probably need to sell your old model for a loss and buy a new one. Plus, every few months there's some new option for you. Other companies need to wait for their's product life cycle to end before releasing something new (and again, it would be a new device, your old one just dropped 50% in its value). The latter is not the case with LIO, and this should be appreciated.

mirekti

« Reply #25 on: 21 Oct 2016, 12:16 pm »
I don't understand this debate. Clicking was a bad thing, end of story.
Click model was there as initial solution. It was a big no, no for me and I posted this some time back, but didn't want to go into further discussion even though I was tried to be convinced this was not so "bad" thing.
I understand some could live with it, but it's... ah, never mind.

The most important thing, this has now been fixed and one can easily upgrade, everything can be upgraded. Which company does this? - None. You'd probably need to sell your old model for a loss and buy a new one. Plus, every few months there's some new option for you. Other companies need to wait for their's product life cycle to end before releasing something new (and again, it would be a new device, your old one just dropped 50% in its value). The latter is not the case with LIO, and this should be appreciated.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #26 on: 21 Oct 2016, 03:08 pm »
This:

Quote from: mirekti

:thumb:

SteveKi

« Reply #27 on: 30 Oct 2016, 03:38 pm »
Send it in, you will be delighted.

jtwrace,
I did and I am.
Steve