Is there a Nuprime IDA-8 with a headphone jack equivalent?

starbux

Is there a Nuprime IDA-8 with a headphone jack equivalent? It's basically my dream component except it doesn't have a headphone out like many other class D integrated amps on the market...basically a dealbreaker because I plan on taking advantage of the small form factor to put it on my desk. I don't want to have to buy a second component and rejigger wiring somehow to get my headphones to work.

Any all in one solution? Or any way I can maybe get like a minidsp DDRC-24 and combine it with a STA-9 and somehow fit a headphone jack in there?

Basically I want a high quality small form factor desktop amp for my main speakers with a headphone output.

Could use anyone's advice!

Doublej

Re: Is there a Nuprime IDA-8 with a headphone jack equivalent?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2017, 02:20 am »
Elac EA101EQ-G or NAD D3020 perhaps though the latter does not have a subwoofer output.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2017, 02:53 am »
what analog inputs do you need?
what digital input do you need?
do you need analog/subwoofer output?
how much power do you need from the speaker outputs?
what headphones do you plan on running?
what's your budget?

md92468

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2017, 02:58 am »
W4S mINT...

srb

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2017, 03:03 am »
Elac EA101EQ-G or NAD D3020 perhaps though the latter does not have a subwoofer output.

The NAD D3020 has a dedicated 3.5mm subwoofer output and the NAD D7050 has a subwoofer output through L/R RCA Audio Out (like the Nuprime IDA-8).

The D7050 might be a better comparison to the IDA-8 having more power than the D3020, but it's still half the power of the IDA-8 (100W @ 8/4Ω).

Steve

starbux

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2017, 04:25 am »
what analog inputs do you need?
what digital input do you need?
do you need analog/subwoofer output?
how much power do you need from the speaker outputs?
what headphones do you plan on running?
what's your budget?

-I'm connecting 2 main speakers (left and right) with banana plugs (passives)
-Connecting 1 subwoofer, I want proper bass management (i.e. amplifier does not handle loads on low frequency but passes it on to the subwoofer so it can fully dedicate to mid and highs)
-Digital outputs, USB to computer (primary source), toslink would be nice to have but not must have. Bluetooth/airplay/etc is not must have, but nice to have
-I'll be driving KEF LS50, so lots of power
-Need a headphone jack for Grado SR225s and 1000s
-Budget is anywhere from $500 to $2000.

starbux

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2017, 04:26 am »

Nothing along the lines of the quality of Nuprime though? Will I hear a huge difference vs. the ELAC EA101EQ vs Nuprime IDA 8 if I'm using it for nearfield use (i.e. don't need large volumes for amplification)

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2017, 04:51 am »
I don't think there are any consumer amps on the market that will apply a high pass filter to the speaker outputs yet pass a full signal onto subs. There are perhaps a few multichannel pro amps with built in DSP that can do it, but they won't have the other options that you're looking for.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2017, 02:40 pm »
Teac AI 301DA Integrated amp, a little underpowered but has most of the features you're looking for.

Doublej

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jan 2017, 10:29 pm »
Nothing along the lines of the quality of Nuprime though? Will I hear a huge difference vs. the ELAC EA101EQ vs Nuprime IDA 8 if I'm using it for nearfield use (i.e. don't need large volumes for amplification)

I have no comment about the quality of NAD or ELAC vs. Numprime since I have not heard or seen any of these units.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jan 2017, 03:52 am »
How about the Peachtree Nova 150? It has been in my radar along with the NuPrime products. It gets great reviews.

Best regards,
Rafa.