Dzurko Acoustics Shadow speakers

zenen

Dzurko Acoustics Shadow speakers
« on: 26 Feb 2014, 01:35 am »
Hello to all here. I am new to this site but I have been deep into audio for most of my life and places like this are great. I am currently using Kef 107 speakers but I chanced upon a pair of mint condition Dzurko Shadow speakers. I purchased them but there is no information anywhere on them. I would love to connect with any owners of these speakers that would know how best to connect the powered subs and hear their reccomendations.
Best regards

Mike Dzurko

Re: Dzurko Acoustics Shadow speakers
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2014, 03:39 pm »
Congratulations on a fine pair of speakers! What wood finish did you get? I'd be happy to try to answer any questions you might have. I'm away from home and don't have access to files/manuals etc. so would need to go by memory. The ones you have w/ the powered subs were designated the LE version. By powering the subs, you get much better control over the bass in your listening room as well as presenting a much easier load for your main amp.

zenen

« Reply #2 on: 1 Mar 2014, 10:30 pm »
Hello Mr Dzurko and thank you for your response,  These are black and they are in excellent condition.   l Iove the sound, even my wife commented on it. I would like to know what is the speakers impedance and the best way to connect them. They came with a jumper ( RCA to two spades ) for each speaker. The amps have three possible connection points (left-sub, center, right ). I am currently using an Audio Research D125 amp on the mid/tweeter modules and feeding preamp signal to the woofer amp. These are exceptional and I want to get the best sound from them. Thank you
Regards
Augie

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2014, 03:24 pm »
Augie,

I'm pretty sure they are about a 6 ohm load. I would use the left input on the sub amp if memory serves. Anytime you change any connections with the sub amps, make sure the power is off first and turn the volume all the way down before turning the power back on.

We are down south for the winter so I have no access to my files until we head home around the first of May.  If you still have questions at that time I'd be able to access my files etc.

zenen

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2014, 04:48 pm »
Thank you Mike