Maverick OSX

liddown

Maverick OSX
« on: 25 Oct 2013, 08:52 pm »
Hi Steve,

Any experience with Maverick OSX and your OR5 driver? Just looking to see if you or anyone your aware of has done the upgrade and if any issues have arisen...

Thanks....

audioengr

Re: Maverick OSX
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2013, 05:57 pm »
There are a few reports of non-working USB with Mavericks.  Many USB interfaces are having problems.  I have contacted M2Tech to see if a new driver can be created.

TLowe

« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2013, 02:08 am »
Hi, Steve. There is a workaround for Maverick's USB driver issue. If you use a powered USB hub between the Mac and OffRamp or other device using a M2Tech driver (HiFace, ADL GT40, etc.), the problem is solved. However,  I can't vouch for any possible degradation in sound. At least there is a way to make a little music while we are waiting for the inevitable patches and upgraded drivers   :thumb:

Best.

Tim

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2013, 03:59 am »
Hi, Steve. There is a workaround for Maverick's USB driver issue. If you use a powered USB hub between the Mac and OffRamp or other device using a M2Tech driver (HiFace, ADL GT40, etc.), the problem is solved. However,  I can't vouch for any possible degradation in sound. At least there is a way to make a little music while we are waiting for the inevitable patches and upgraded drivers   :thumb:

Best.

Tim

Excellent.  Thanks for the feedback.

Steve N.

Andre2

« Reply #4 on: 3 Nov 2013, 02:33 am »
my eastern electric dad 2 is not working with the new os X.

liddown

« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2013, 05:26 am »
There are a few reports of non-working USB with Mavericks.  Many USB interfaces are having problems.  I have contacted M2Tech to see if a new driver can be created.

Hi Steve, just checking back to see if there is any update on a driver for the OR5 and the Mavericks OSX. I am in the process of building a new MAC server, and need to choose an OS...

Thanks!

TLowe

« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2013, 02:48 am »
Hi, Steve. I found a fix for the OR4 in my system. I cannot promise it will work for everyone else but here is what I did. I updated to Mavericks a month or so ago and found that my ADL 40GT USB that I used for headphones no longer worked with Mac Mini/iTunes/Amarra. I solved that by using a power USB hub. However, for the OR4, no matter what I tried I could not get OSX to handshake with the OR4. Last night I applied the Mavericks patch (update 10.9.1) and installed the Northstar DAC async driver for Mavericks (http://www.northstar.it/drivers/Mavericks_10.9/Northstar1055r4_192Khz.dmg). Both the ADL and OR4 now work with direct connection to the Mac Mini USB connectors. I hope this helps a few other people while we wait for M2tech's solution.

Happy Holidays!

Tim

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2013, 08:27 pm »
Thanks for posting this Tim, this worked for my OR5 as well.

Todd

jlingo

« Reply #8 on: 31 Oct 2015, 10:15 am »
OR5 (Empirical audio Off-Ramp 5) crashed bluescreen death with El Capitan. Please be careful when upgrading.
I got 3 blue screen death as I tried 3 times. and finally my macbook wouldn't want to boot in anymore. I had to reinstall OS again.