"Legendary" audiophile here :)

scottm_dj

"Legendary" audiophile here :)
« on: 6 Oct 2017, 12:38 am »
Greetings all--as my name implies, i used to be a private DJ, but considered myself an audiophile since about 2000.  My system consists of some legendary and "rare" components that has not changed much, save for sources--amplification is Conrad Johnson MET1 preamp with (sister) McCormack HT5 amp, which i wont change out until it dies.  For source I have a Cambridge Audio 752BD (along with the 751BD to play some of those "certain" files that have been..ahem... since disallowed).  Also, i have the awesome multi-channel Exasound E28 DAC running from my J River laptop setup.  I have converted all my original DVD-A and SACD discs (of which i literally bought EVERY good one released and still feel they were the best audio format ever). 

For output I have the equally legendary (and awesome) Innovative Audio cabinet speakers and sub-table along with the slick AR Phantom 8.3 wallhuggers--again, will keep until they die as they both still sound fantastic.  Anyone remember either of those premier items from Steven Bell and Ron Fone respectively?  Rounding out I have the Audience AR6 conditioner, and have dabbled with TWO of the vintage and exceptional Technics linear tracking turntables--SL7 with a Ortofon cart and the coveted SL10 with the original 310MC cart--complete with a Hagerman Flugelhorn phono amp.  Those combos should sound great but unfortunately with vinyl I have had some nearly "throw in the towel" frustrations...I have an unbearable level of hum and noise with either i just can't get rid of.  I'll post in the appropriate areas the details there to see if anyone has any suggestions to save my sanity--as well as my thoughts on the components I know about in their sections.    Nice meeting you all!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: "Legendary" audiophile here :)
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2017, 12:50 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, scottm.  :beer:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2017, 12:57 am »
Welcome Scott :thumb:
Unfortunatelly most audiophiles have many red book CDs, so to improve this format only one SE tube amp.

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2017, 01:08 am »
Welcome to the sweet spot.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2017, 02:57 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC scottm   :thumb: