Force Sub - When is it in sleep mode?

quern

Force Sub - When is it in sleep mode?
« on: 26 Mar 2011, 07:33 pm »
Hi All.  I have a force sub that I've owned since day one.  I noticed today that when my receiver is off the green power light stays on.  I thought when the sub goes into sleep mode that the power light was to switch to red.  Can someone confirm if I am correct... If so how much power is the amp pulling if I just leave it on?  I love my sub but want to be energy conscious.

Thanks.

Charles Xavier

Re: Force Sub - When is it in sleep mode?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2011, 07:46 pm »
No mention of this in the Force manual but in the Force II manual it says it is left on and draws as much power as a nightlite

May the Force be with you (couldn't resist)

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2011, 09:49 pm »
Good question but one that's pretty much true for most subwoofer amps. I would imagine the only power being used is for that on light but I'd be curious to hear what Mike has to say about the actual power draw when not in use.

Regardless of what it is, I'm leaving my Force XL on 24/7 as it's usually off for only 5-7 hours a day anywho.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2011, 12:06 am »
It pulls less than 10 watts when just sitting there. It does not have an actual sleep mode, since those were often problematic in some other companies models. I had one Titan that I left on for about 7 or 8  years straight. It's actually easier on the circuitry to just leave them on . . .

quern

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2011, 02:22 am »
Thanks Mike and everyone!  I always leave it on but am glad for the confirmation.