F.S. Uesugi Valve Tube Preamp with Tango, Shindo beater.......RARE...!

pulinap

For your consideration is an extremely rare bespoke Uesugi Bros. valve pre-amplifier in excellent operational and cosmetic condition.

Not well known outside Japan, Uesugi Brothers have a cult following in Japan for their electronics. The ‘brothers’ were instrumental in running tests on lot of famous Japanese Hi-fi exotica while being employed at Stereo Sound magazine in Japan.

This ultra-minimalist amplifier is said to have been custom-built for discerning Japanese audiophile. Hand built by the ‘brothers' with point to point wiring, premium grade components and a now extinct Tango transformer….*!

Running Class A with 12ax7 and 12au7 NOS valves – in this case a rare Mullard CV4004 box plate and a RFT 12au7. I also have the original Japanese valves which the unit was voiced with…!

This amplifier is favourably compared with entry/mid level Shindo preamps and what’s more, the rumour has is that Ken Shindo himself had a similar amp in his everyday system.

The sound is supremely balanced and veering more towards neutral side and a tone to die for.

Please note that Uesugi electronics are only made for Japanese market hence, the unit is 100v, but comes with a step down transformer.

(* for more on Tango transformers: http://vinylsavor.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/tango-transformers.html)

Inspection is mandatory and I will not entertain any complaints after the item(s) leave my house.

I repeat,the sale is final and will not entertain any complaints as I have provided the opportunity for potential buyer(s) to inspect the item(s).

GENUINE BUYERS ONLY PLEASE!!!!!!!

Cash on pick up or direct bank transfer preferred.

Check out my eBay feedback.

PRICE: 1450.00 USD + postage (will post worldwide from Melbourne, Australia)

Thank you

RDavidson

Interesting preamp........but you've forgotten some important info.
Price?
Location?

pulinap

Thanks.... :thumb:

Info added.