Let's see your tubes!

joeling39

Re: Let's see your tubes!
« Reply #40 on: 25 Mar 2011, 03:50 am »
Thanks for the encouragement, took this last weekend :

Trying out the Cary 805 with my ProAc D80r after hearing it at my friend's place with the D38. I like the sound of the Cary + D80R.

Regards,
Joe Ling

JakeJ

« Reply #41 on: 25 Mar 2011, 04:34 am »
Again, WOW!!  Thanks for that, Joe.  That's a speaker I would love to hear someday.  That new room looks, perhaps, to be a bit larger?  If so congrats on the improvement.  My systems are available by clicking the systems link under my avatar.  Actually the Library System is pressed into primary service as my Genesis are in need of repair.

Oh and welcome to the Tube-O-Phile circle!  Hope to hear more from you.

Best Regards,
Jake

grodri02

« Reply #42 on: 25 Mar 2011, 08:32 pm »
Tube magic money shot!

Jolida 302BRC

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #43 on: 26 Mar 2011, 06:11 pm »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #44 on: 26 Mar 2011, 06:13 pm »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #45 on: 26 Mar 2011, 06:16 pm »

JakeJ

« Reply #46 on: 26 Mar 2011, 09:00 pm »
Gustavo,

Is this amp yours?  It is an interesting design, and I refer directly to the aesthetic not the circuit as I know nothing of the circuit, but that bright blue LED lit plexiglass section would get on my nerves in about, oh, 30 seconds.  But I'm in the anti-bright blue LED camp.  If I were to build the chassis like that I would simply opt for a color I prefer.  It certainly is a beauty regardless.

Best,
Jake

jkelly

« Reply #47 on: 26 Mar 2011, 09:54 pm »

Not a great shot - but great sound!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #48 on: 27 Mar 2011, 03:10 pm »
Gustavo,

Is this amp yours?  It is an interesting design, and I refer directly to the aesthetic not the circuit as I know nothing of the circuit, but that bright blue LED lit plexiglass section would get on my nerves in about, oh, 30 seconds.  But I'm in the anti-bright blue LED camp.  If I were to build the chassis like that I would simply opt for a color I prefer.  It certainly is a beauty regardless.

Best,
Jake
This amp not mine, just found this nice amp on YouTube. I apologize, reading the thread title again looks Iam out of topic so.

Now with the new, low price(just 83 dollars) EDCOR output transformers for 6C33 SET amps, the hobbyst not need spend alot of money in transformers, that was the expensiviest part in a tube amp, then a 6C33 SET are a very good option to a tube lover.
http://www.edcorusa.com/products/477-cxse25-8-600.aspx
Also there is a 300 ohms version:
http://www.edcorusa.com/products/478-cxse25-8-300.aspx
Regards, Gustavo

> Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a cat or dog from the street. On the streets pets live only two years average.

TrungT

« Reply #49 on: 12 Apr 2011, 04:43 pm »
6H30 is a small tube  :thumb:

TrungT

« Reply #50 on: 12 Apr 2011, 04:45 pm »
Next to the big tube (851 Triode) is LP  :thumb:

face

« Reply #51 on: 13 Apr 2011, 11:21 am »
It looks like a little city at night. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #52 on: 13 Apr 2011, 08:19 pm »
WOW, this 851 is a awesome tube, 170 watts of filament are alot of light/heat !
Looks very similar to a Russian GM100. I wonder who(851/GM100) copied whom??

> Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a cat or dog from the street. On the streets pets live only two years average.

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #53 on: 13 Apr 2011, 09:19 pm »
The 851 was made exclusively for the Navy in the early years. It has a 750 watt plate rating. It is 18" tall and 6" across. I am building a pair of single ended amps with them running 3000 volts on the plates and it will produce 160 watts a class A power! :green: It is a very rare tube indeed!!! It has taken me 6 years to find what I needed for the amps and I don't even know if they are good! :scratch:
Gary

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #54 on: 13 Apr 2011, 09:39 pm »
Next to the big tube (851 Triode) is LP  :thumb:

Holy Frijoles, Batman!   :o

JakeJ

« Reply #55 on: 13 Apr 2011, 09:39 pm »
3000 Volts in a home audio amp!?!   :o   I hope you have a halon fire suppression system in your home!!

gld

• Industry Participant
« Reply #56 on: 13 Apr 2011, 09:41 pm »

Here she is lit up! :thumb:
Gary

Unison845

« Reply #57 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:48 pm »
Awesome tube, can you tell us about the output transformer made for these? What kind of bandwidth does it have?

The 851 was made exclusively for the Navy in the early years. It has a 750 watt plate rating. It is 18" tall and 6" across. I am building a pair of single ended amps with them running 3000 volts on the plates and it will produce 160 watts a class A power! :green: It is a very rare tube indeed!!! It has taken me 6 years to find what I needed for the amps and I don't even know if they are good! :scratch:
Gary

gld

• Industry Participant
« Reply #58 on: 14 Apr 2011, 07:56 pm »
Not a problem. As most of you know I design my own transformers and then have them made for me. The transformers for these amps of course are single ended.
These particular transformers are rated for 200 watts! They can take 600 ma dc in the core and they weigh in at 65 pounds each!!! :thumb: The measured bandwidth @ 160 watts output is -1db from12hz-47khz! :thumb: This is with 3KV on the plates. They have 4 and 8 ohm taps.
Gary

JakeJ

« Reply #59 on: 14 Apr 2011, 08:45 pm »
Gary,

I hope you'll document the build and share it here.  It would be most welcome!

Also glad you are doing better and hopefully will have many happy and healthy days ahead of you.

Best Wishes,
Jake