Welcome

phonocentric

Re: Welcome
« Reply #20 on: 28 Apr 2011, 03:14 pm »
Hello Mike, You were probably amused at my desperate email over on the Audiogon forum just before I found out about this wonderful site!

As an old audiophile, definitely phonocentric, everyone here, I'm sure, can understand my desperation at getting my Well Tempered Labs Reference TT/Arm up and running again. 

At any rate, it seems I have found the right place.   I'll read over the posts here and hopefully find a solution to what fluids to use for the arm, perhaps even the platter pivot, what protractor to use, etc. 

If anyone is in the Cincinnati area, will be happy to pay for professional visit to help.  I'm old and shaky now.   Still hear well though!

Thanks,  and can't wait to get those old records playing!  I'm tired of merely sleeping with them.   After our move, they are piled to the ceiling in the bedroom.  Along with Quads, ARC tube gear.  My wife thinks I deserve this fate. 

Jim

gagamut

« Reply #21 on: 2 May 2011, 03:30 am »
Hi Jim,Before i got WT Amadeus GTA,i also use WT reference,so i have a WT arm protractor,and i just check the WT reference OVERHANG is 16mm,and inner null point is 69mm,outer null point is 127.2mm,hope can help you.the WT reference is great.

Sam

phonocentric

« Reply #22 on: 2 May 2011, 01:13 pm »
Hi Jim,Before i got WT Amadeus GTA,i also use WT reference,so i have a WT arm protractor,and i just check the WT reference OVERHANG is 16mm,and inner null point is 69mm,outer null point is 127.2mm,hope can help you.the WT reference is great.

Thanks a lot Sam.  Will need those measurements soon.  Speaking of the WT arm protractor, for the life of me I can't, so far, find the one I was using formerly. 

I wondering if it is necessary to clean out the old damping fluid and put some fresh stuff in there?   Seems to me it was dusty even before I stored the table.  I sure don't want to dismantle very much as my vision isn't so good.   But if there is a way to start over fresh without too much trouble I would.

Would you recommend doing something about the lubricant for the pivot?  I don't remember checking this in the past.   

Do you know if there are any diagrams that show step by step directions for such things?   I've downloaded the manuals for the table and arm but they don't seem very informative.  At least to me.

Thanks again.   By the way, I'm awaiting the dust cover I'm having made.     

gagamut

« Reply #23 on: 3 May 2011, 01:37 pm »
Hi Jim,i think you can handle how to set up the WT reference(it's not hard to set up),and trust your ears.

Sam

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #24 on: 18 Aug 2012, 12:56 am »
It's 100,000 cst silicone for the arm cup and Mobil 1 5/30 (or similar) for the platter.
You can get the silicone goo on eBay for a couple of bucks a bottle - get two and you'll have extra.
You can get the goo out with a few paper towels.

drubin

« Reply #25 on: 26 Oct 2012, 08:21 pm »
Introducing myself now that I have finally purchased an Amadeus (used).  I hope to set it up in the next week or so and then probably sell my Linn LP-12.

Dan

watercourse

« Reply #26 on: 19 Feb 2013, 04:48 am »
Happy owner of a new Simplex! Well, since about December. Great table. Saving up for the DPS later this year.
Wilson

remposs

WTT Silicone
« Reply #27 on: 21 Sep 2016, 02:33 am »
I just dug my WTT out and decided to get it going again. I bought this WTT in 1987, so I assume it was the first edition, simply known as The Well Tempered Table. I see the silicone has either leaked out of the spindle and the tonearm cup and the table is covered with oily residue. The belt is also broken. How do I go about getting two new syringes of the silicone lubricant? I seem to recall they one for the spindle was lighter in viscosity than the heavier gel used in the tonearm cup. Also, where to buy a new belt?

Thanks!

beta14ok

« Reply #28 on: 26 Nov 2016, 03:03 pm »
^ for Remposs: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=145693.0

Welcome. You might wanna post your WTT refresh in a new thread....let us know how it goes.

mloutfie

« Reply #29 on: 5 Aug 2017, 03:47 am »
Hi All, wonder if this thread is still active. I'm a new WTT classic owner

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #30 on: 19 Aug 2017, 10:06 pm »
Welcome WTT classic owner. is your motor square or round

Backwell

« Reply #31 on: 9 Oct 2017, 10:24 pm »
Hi All, wonder if this thread is still active. I'm a new WTT classic owner
Hi , is anyone still here or has the party moved on somewhere else? Just thought I'd say hello, I'm another happy WTL turntable owner. Amadeus GTA with a Transfiguration Orpheus cartridge, I bought the deck second hand from a dealer nearly five years ago, picked up the cart a year later. I've just fitted a LTD arm wand , a very worthwhile upgrade, huge improvement in SQ.

/mp

« Reply #32 on: 10 Oct 2017, 03:36 pm »
Hi All, wonder if this thread is still active.

+1

whosyurdaddy

« Reply #33 on: 13 Apr 2021, 10:14 am »
    Hey everyone I wanted to stop and introduce myself as I'm waiting on my Amadeus GTA to arrive and I'm looking forward to the set up and listening . Looks like there is a great deal of info here which I'm sure will be helpful .