• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2011, 09:58 pm by James Tanner »

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Re: BRYSTON PHILOSOPHY
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2010, 05:37 pm »
Truly refreshing.

Unfortunately, quality is no longer the “norm” these days. “Let us build it as quickly and inexpensively as possible or get someone else to do it for us” seems to be adage of many North American corporations.

Be well...

1ZIP

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2010, 06:08 pm »
Truly refreshing.

Unfortunately, quality is no longer the “norm” these days. “Let us build it as quickly and inexpensively as possible or get someone else to do it for us” seems to be adage of many North American corporations.

Be well...

....the byproduct of a disposable society and in a larger sense a symptom of a society whose value system is under attack!

rob80b

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2010, 07:09 pm »
Spent breakfast this morning writing my views on Made Where? - Do I Care?, but I didn't have time to finish.
But what it made me think about was my first Bryston combo a .5 pre and 2BLP over 25 years ago and what was important on my purchasing decision.
The .5 was the same as  the 11 or 12, the 2B was just less power than the 3 and 4B, it was just a matter of what was needed at the time.
No matter which level you enter into the Bryston lineup the excellent sound, material and craftsmanship is the same.
And that still stands today, the 2B is of the same high standard as the 28, and that goes for any product in the lineup.
What's unique is that each new Bryston appears better than the last and raises the standard, and not just in sound quality.

Robert
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2010, 10:59 pm by rob80b »

colhogan

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2010, 02:37 am »
I agree completely..
My BP-20 is a fantastic sounding preamp.Easily up there with some of the best I have ever owned.
Over the years,I've had 2B's, 3B NRB's,4B's.and more than a few preamps in the Bryston .4 family.
All were excellent performers in thier own right.
One of the biggest attractions for me is the fact that Bryston makes everything in-house,and has very liberal warranty.
Recently,I had Bryston Service in Vermont repair a BP-20 & a 2B LP PRO that I had picked up on the second-hand market.Both units were returned to me within 10 days,ready to go!
Not to long ago,I had another preamp from a well-respected American high-end company perform a repair,and it cost me $255.00,& took 6 weeks!
After that little adventure,I made a concerted effort to seek out my BP-20. I knew if I could secure one at a fair price,I'd be well taken care of,if the need for repairs arises.. :eyebrows:

quietdragon

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2010, 04:58 pm »
No matter which level you enter into the Bryston lineup the excellent sound, material and craftsmanship is the same.

The other thing that stands out in my mind is the high level of service.

See this response as a prime example. How many VPs do you know who not only take the time to actively listen and respond to customers, but are willing to go above and beyond to lend equipment to customers to resolve service issues?

The other outstanding and astounding thing I've noticed is the technical support. How many other manufacturers go to the trouble of posting circuit diagrams on their web site?

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2010, 09:00 pm »
I agree, you nailed it. Allow me to add that Bryston deserves all of these recent accolades because quite frankly, they've earned it.

WBimmer

« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2010, 03:56 pm »
Today most companies operate with the mentally of planned and controlled obsolescence.

iPOD's are a great example of planned obsolescence.  Apple are constantly changing the look and feel of these things to make buyers keep shelling out money for basically the same thing, only to have the newest looking version.

Toasters, blenders, kettles and such are a good examples of controlled obsolescence.  They are built to last only a few years and then break so that you have to buy a new one.  We wouldn't want consumers to buy one small appliance and have it last forever, otherwise we'd be out of business.

Myself, I'm very concious of the environment and the waste that we all produce and these examples above do nothing to help this fact and I will not support them if I can find a way around them.

I commend Bryston for taking a different approach and whether your goal is to be environmentally friendly or not, you are and I like that.  And your products are by far the best sounding that I have heard and I'm proud to own them and show them off to my friends and family.

Keep up the good work.

Wayne.

OgOgilby

« Reply #8 on: 27 Mar 2010, 05:14 pm »
http://bryston.com/mission.html

James,

Maybe Bryston should revise the first line of their mission statement "In a world of commodity purchases - where most things seem to need frequent upgrading, repair or replacement - have you ever wondered how Bryston can offer a 20-year warranty on every product we make?". I've been saving up to purchase a BDA-1 and I'm pretty sure that the warranty is for 5 years (and the BCD-1 is for 3 years). Am I missing something here?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #9 on: 28 Mar 2010, 03:28 pm »
James,

Maybe Bryston should revise the first line of their mission statement "In a world of commodity purchases - where most things seem to need frequent upgrading, repair or replacement - have you ever wondered how Bryston can offer a 20-year warranty on every product we make?". I've been saving up to purchase a BDA-1 and I'm pretty sure that the warranty is for 5 years (and the BCD-1 is for 3 years). Am I missing something here?

Yes thanks I will change that - I should add the word 'analog'

james

OgOgilby

« Reply #10 on: 28 Mar 2010, 07:23 pm »
Thanks James. In my research to find a DAC I noticed a lot of people were confused (count me as one of them) as to whether the BDA-1 had the "normal" Bryston 20 year warranty or not.

Fernando

• fernando _at_ -34.899705, -56.158880
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2010, 12:38 am »
The other thing that stands out in my mind is the high level of service.

[snip !] How many VPs do you know who not only take the time to actively listen and respond to customers, but are willing to go above and beyond to lend equipment to customers to resolve service issues?

The other outstanding and astounding thing I've noticed is the technical support. How many other manufacturers go to the trouble of posting circuit diagrams on their web site?

Cannot agree more. Back in yr. 2000, I had bought a highly regarded CDPlayer whose remote control conflicted with that of my BP 25P, bought only a few months before, during 1999. I wrote both to the CDPlayer manufacturer and to James. A couple of days and I had a .pdf explaining exactly what to do to cancel the conflict, but I had to open the BP 25P. Took a a very deep look at those Robertson screws (I learned their name long after, and could be wrong), and concluded that they were unseen before, anywhere in my country. Wrote again to James, but if I recall this event correctly, he didn't answer the email: in two day's time, DHL showed up at home with a rather big cardboard box, containing the proper Robertson screwdriver !!. No response from the CDPlayer manufacturer. 

lanchile

« Reply #12 on: 4 Dec 2010, 03:47 am »
I am a PROUD owner of a Bryston B60-R . I have had so many good amps, But I was always looking for something better... and when I got my Bryston amp, That was the end of serching for me!.  I am really happy to own such a piece of craftsmanship. quality all over.
I hope Bryston does not change the way they build their products. To me when I hear Bryston = QUALITY!. Not as many companies that put a golden name on the front with a lot of lights and gadgets that is on the "outside" but, in the inside is just crab. Bryston makes it simple and better.
My thanks go to all the people from Bryston for giving us what we deserved. :thumb:

vegasdave

« Reply #13 on: 4 Dec 2010, 10:10 pm »
Absolutely! 8)

lanchile

« Reply #14 on: 25 Feb 2011, 04:50 pm »
devotion to old-world craft ?... You bet!!!. I always wondered why most of "old" electronic gear used to be so good and reliable. and I think it was the way they build them and they used to put "pride" in their gears. I used to work with a technician fixing TV,stereos, amps etc and He always told me that today we do not see reliable gears like in the old days. I remember He had a Fisher receiver that He bought directly from Fisher company here in New York. That receiver NEVER had a problem since He bought it and that is more than 30 years and He used it every day. He only changed some caps and when I measured the caps that He replaced with my ESR meter...THEY WERE STILL GOOD!!!.
When I met Bryston gear...I got hooked to it. it is like going back in time and get a gem of those old good days. I always new that it can be done...and Bryston showed us that it is posible. and not matter what model We get as long as it is a Bryston, We know we are getting Quality and it will last for a long, long, long time for sure.  :thumb:

1oldguy

« Reply #15 on: 30 Mar 2011, 05:51 pm »
Thank God I had the good sense to stick with Bryston.There is real quality gone into what they make and it shows.

Brivibas

« Reply #16 on: 6 Sep 2011, 05:07 pm »
Hello!

I intend to buy 28B SST2 Bryston amplifiers to match R 907 Jamo floor standing speakers (4 ohms),
Naim dac-xps and Audio Research preamp ref 3. Mainly because this amps are supposed to play well at low levels.

As I have read it once in an hifi review, the Bryston amplifiers might be clipping, due to over heating.

Is there any issue with over-heating with the mono blocs, due mainly to their design's characteristics?
Thanks for your advice on this prosaic matter.

Regards,

GH

mamba315

« Reply #17 on: 9 Dec 2011, 09:20 pm »
The link in the first post is dead.

srb

« Reply #18 on: 9 Dec 2011, 09:34 pm »
The link in the first post is dead.

That was of course a link to the previous website.  On the new website, the "philosophy" appears to be embodied within the Company page

http://www.bryston.com/pages/company.html

Steve

vegasdave

« Reply #19 on: 10 Jan 2012, 12:55 am »

That was of course a link to the previous website.  On the new website, the "philosophy" appears to be embodied within the Company page

http://www.bryston.com/pages/company.html

Steve

:thumb: