BDP-3 as DLNA renderer issue

soundmax

BDP-3 as DLNA renderer issue
« on: 17 Jan 2018, 09:22 pm »
Hello,

The setup I tried to make is the following:
- I have the BDP-3 in the same network with my PC full with music. Foobar2000 is installed on the PC. Latest version of BDP-3 firmware, all foobar plugins up to date.
- in the Services menu of BDP-3, check the DLNA Renderer option (and DLNA Client possibly, tried DLNA Server also). Note: MPD gets disabled automatically which is supposed to be normal.
- use the foo_out_upnp plugin installed in Foorbar2000 which will "see" the DLNA Renderer in the network (BDP-3 in this case) as an output device.
I know it's a beta but it's good and it worked with another network player.
In this way, the music is "pushed" (or maybe pulled, I'd love to know how it works) from the Windows PC directly into the BDP player; all this to bypass the web interface.

And it's not working, music doesn't get to BDP although Foobar "sees" the player as output device and I was able to select it.
Am I missing some settings ? Anyone tried this ?

Important to mention: I tried this setup some time ago with a BDP-2 belonging to the local dealer and it worked. The BDP-2's screen went off during playback and allow me to stream anything to the BDA-3 DAC connected via USB.
I would love to us the BDP-3 this way, any ideas ?

gdayton

• Industry Participant
Re: BDP-3 as DLNA renderer issue
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2018, 09:40 pm »
My guess is that the renderer is defaulting to another output device like the internal IAD instead of your USB DAC. Can you try it with the AES/EBU or S/PDIF output?

soundmax

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2018, 08:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, I don't have available any BNC-coax adapter to test, but:
In the BDP menu, in the Audio Devices list I have disabled the BUC Audio Board which was listed first, leaving only the USB output active.
In this way I expect the output to be USB by default.
Tried, no sound, the seconds indicator in foobar is stuttering, not advancing...
What I don't understand is : MPD is disabled and the MPD playlist is cleared and still the BDP's screen is displaying "MPD Ready".
Any ideas ?
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2018, 10:51 pm by soundmax »

soundmax

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2018, 01:16 pm »
I managed to try as suggested.
- Indeed, when I connect BDP-3 to BDA-3 with a BNC cable I get sound, so BDP-3 works as DLNA renderer with foobar in this way.
- Now, is there any thing I should do to get sound using a USB cable between the two ?
Thank you.