Jensen's Stereo Shop Mosfet Control Amp - Can You Identify This?

mike_p

• You Never Blow Your Trip Forever
Populated with various Transcendence PCBs.

Hacked-up by the nice folks at Kodak (from where it was salvaged). Someone added a mic xformer, etc. and apparently used this as a PA amp for presentations.

Frank, what was this before it was butchered?

avahifi

This is an AVA mos-fet control amp built way back in the Jensen Stereo Shop days. (late 1970s).

It was all AVA circuits built into a Dyna SCA-50 chassis.  There are no internal original Dyna circuits inside at all except for the power transformer.  Definitely not our faceplate rework!i

It was a very durable amp (uses Hitachi 150W rated mosfet output transistors in a circuit design that only puts out 40W or so - - -  power transformer limiting factor).

So, it may still be in good playing condition if all the switches and controls are cleaned with Deoxit D5.  It will be really nice sounding if it is.  We can probably still repair it if needed.

The microphone circuits were added after the unit left our shop.  Kodak had several of our units.  They liked the quality and rugged durability.

Frank

mike_p

• You Never Blow Your Trip Forever
Thanks, Frank.  I'll clean the switches and controls with Deoxit and bring it up on a variac for a listen. If there are any issues, I'll be back in touch about a repair.

Mike