New Alnico HO XRS Speakers arrived

Nocturne79

New Alnico HO XRS Speakers arrived
« on: 21 Apr 2017, 07:37 pm »
Hello just wanted to post a photo of the new speakers i got yesterday.  they are in walnut finish and just sound awesome!
The photo has a little fish eye look to it incase anyone thought the speakers were bent weird lol.

MarkR7

Re: New Alnico HO XRS Speakers arrived
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2017, 07:52 pm »
Very nice!! Can't wait to hear your impressions of them.

I am waiting for my EKO Mahogany SAM HO monitors to replace my SAMs. Hopefully they ship very soon; it's been 6 weeks!

bummrush

« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2017, 07:59 pm »
Massive.What are dimensions?   Thanks

Nocturne79

« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2017, 08:07 pm »
Massive.What are dimensions?   Thanks

actually they are pretty small size for me the photo just makes things stretched out not sure why, just my camera phone.

Think dimensions are 9 wide 14 deep and 38 high

nature boy

« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2017, 09:06 pm »
Nice :thumb: Enjoy 'em. What IC's and speaker cables are you using?

NB

Nocturne79

« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2017, 11:20 pm »
Nice :thumb: Enjoy 'em. What IC's and speaker cables are you using?

NB

I use decware speaker cables and their DSR interconnects.  I also have a set of Cullen speaker cables that I find to be a great value and sound.
 basically my system is Decware and omega gear and could not be happier.  the speakers are just fantastic for clarity and never fatiguing i have a pair of HO rs5 monitors which have a differnet sound but i love em both.  The alnico i have had for only a day but dang good stuff lol.

tdogzthmn

« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2017, 06:57 pm »
Which amp?

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2017, 07:34 pm »
Which amp?

Looks like a Mini Torii.

Nocturne79

« Reply #8 on: 26 Apr 2017, 01:54 pm »
Which amp?

its a mini torii current version.  I like it alot but just for kicks i put in my torii mkiv+csp3 preamp and it was a nice combo too and its the combo i currently am using. 

tdogzthmn

« Reply #9 on: 2 May 2017, 03:56 pm »
its a mini torii current version.  I like it alot but just for kicks i put in my torii mkiv+csp3 preamp and it was a nice combo too and its the combo i currently am using.

Thanks,  I've been debating about getting a Decware amp once my Omega's arrive but I'm hoping my Sansui 517 will have some synergy.

nature boy

« Reply #10 on: 2 May 2017, 10:20 pm »
Thanks,  I've been debating about getting a Decware amp once my Omega's arrive but I'm hoping my Sansui 517 will have some synergy.

I have used both the Decware little Zen and Mystery amps with the Decware Jupiter cap CSP3 preamp and Louis's SAHO XRS speakers for a couple months now.  Both Decware amps sound incredible with the Omega HO speakers. 

NB

roscoe65

« Reply #11 on: 3 May 2017, 12:11 am »
I own pair of SAM's (haven't decided to go 1.5 way yet) along with some suitable amps.  I can attest that they work with a lot of high quality amplification.  I could live with any one of these with any Omega speaker:

1.  Dennis Had LP27a combined with either a KT88HO or PSE (SEP amps from 5wpc to 20wpc)
2.  Custom 421A amp modeled after the Fi 421a and built by Oliver Sayes (Hashimoto transformers and NOS Jensen PIO couplling caps)
3.  Red Wine Audio Signature 16

I also listened to a pair of Super 3's with a Scott 222c when I bought them.  This was when they had Fostex drivers.  You could really do a lot worse than using a low power vintage tube integrated.  The Scott or perhaps an Eico HF81 would be great.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #12 on: 4 May 2017, 08:40 am »
I confirm that Eico is great with Omega speakers

EVOLVIST

« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2017, 02:53 am »
True or false, can these speakers rock out? I'm talking Metallica rock out, or Slayer. Can it do that with conviction and huevos?

I figure if it can do that, then anything less will be breezy for the SAHO.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2017, 06:23 am »
And can they withstand Sly & Robbie's heavy drum and pouding bass as well as pounding drums and heavy bass?

I'm pretty sure they do

roscoe65

« Reply #15 on: 12 May 2017, 11:55 am »
I would argue that the Super Alnico HO would have adequate mid and upper bass but may benefit from active bass support for really heavy music.

My SO is really into Heavy Metal and all her friends from the business years ago were really into Cerwin Vega for blasting tunes.  I guess its a matter of quantity or quality.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #16 on: 12 May 2017, 02:05 pm »
I use decware speaker cables and their DSR interconnects.  I also have a set of Cullen speaker cables that I find to be a great value and sound.
 basically my system is Decware and omega gear and could not be happier.  the speakers are just fantastic for clarity and never fatiguing i have a pair of HO rs5 monitors which have a differnet sound but i love em both.  The alnico i have had for only a day but dang good stuff lol.

Yeah Decware and Omega gear have some amazing synergy. I was running the SE84 UFO and 3XRS's with built in active 8inch subs and the music was sublime.

Now my million dollar question for you is you say you like both sets of speakers from Omega. They just sound different. Can you please elaborate? I have been in talks with Louis for some time in regards to him building me a pair of HO 3XRS's with built in active 8inch subs. So I would love to hear from someone who owns a pair of HO RS5 speakers. The different offerings from Louis is very nice but also a little intimidating. I just want to make sure I make the right choice. Because my wife said that this will be the last pair of speakers I buy for awhile. So have to make the right choice!  :D 

dburna

« Reply #17 on: 12 May 2017, 02:30 pm »
Hello just wanted to post a photo of the new speakers i got yesterday.  they are in walnut finish and just sound awesome!
The photo has a little fish eye look to it incase anyone thought the speakers were bent weird lol.

Question: are these basically the same as the Super Alnico HO Monitors with a larger (floorstanding) cabinet instead of a standmount?  If so, I'd be very appreciative if you would publish your detailed thoughts on these speakers once they have broken in.  I am very intrigued by the monitor variants and would like to get a better idea on how these sound from someone who actually has them in-house.

Thanks,  -dB

Nocturne79

« Reply #18 on: 12 May 2017, 02:37 pm »
Yeah Decware and Omega gear have some amazing synergy. I was running the SE84 UFO and 3XRS's with built in active 8inch subs and the music was sublime.

Now my million dollar question for you is you say you like both sets of speakers from Omega. They just sound different. Can you please elaborate? I have been in talks with Louis for some time in regards to him building me a pair of HO 3XRS's with built in active 8inch subs. So I would love to hear from someone who owns a pair of HO RS5 speakers. The different offerings from Louis is very nice but also a little intimidating. I just want to make sure I make the right choice. Because my wife said that this will be the last pair of speakers I buy for awhile. So have to make the right choice!  :D

Hey yeah i am traveling alot for work currently but i will try to give my thoughts between the HO RS5 monitors and my Alnico HO towers when I have a little more time to sit down with them both and my alnico are more broken in.  The one thing i notice though is the towers have more bass as is expected lol. 

Brad

« Reply #19 on: 12 May 2017, 03:04 pm »
Those are beautiful!