VR4jr ?

Escott1377

VR4jr ?
« on: 16 Mar 2017, 01:16 am »
This is a very premature post, but my wife and I now have 7 month old twins.

I work from my home office and own a pair of Hi Fi Man 560's that I run directly from pre amp to my office when it is time to zone out with Excel, reports, etc.

The pair that I own has the latest upgrade, plus UPS destroyed my pair going to CA, so they were completely rebuilt with piano black lacquer finish.  This is the only pair that has been completely reconstructed.

Right now my options are to pack up the speakers back into their flight cases, try and build a fence barrier around them, or "cough" consider selling them.

What's the opinion of the group on a resale value?  I put in about $4500 on the upgrade and then another $4k on the cosmetics.

Please do not think I am looking to move, just asking opinions from VSA owners as well as the moderators that visit this group.

Charles Calkins

Re: VR4jr ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2017, 05:14 am »

So from what i'm reading you have about $8,500 tied up in the VRjr speakers.
  IMHO you will never find a better sounding speaker costing $8,500.
  Keep them. Put them in storage. Down the road you'll be glad you did!!

Cheers
                                      Charlie

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Re: VR4jr ?
« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2017, 06:05 pm »
This is a very premature post, but my wife and I now have 7 month old twins.

I work from my home office and own a pair of Hi Fi Man 560's that I run directly from pre amp to my office when it is time to zone out with Excel, reports, etc.

The pair that I own has the latest upgrade, plus UPS destroyed my pair going to CA, so they were completely rebuilt with piano black lacquer finish.  This is the only pair that has been completely reconstructed.

Right now my options are to pack up the speakers back into their flight cases, try and build a fence barrier around them, or "cough" consider selling them.

What's the opinion of the group on a resale value?  I put in about $4500 on the upgrade and then another $4k on the cosmetics.

Please do not think I am looking to move, just asking opinions from VSA owners as well as the moderators that visit this group.

I would keep them if you can.  Those are special for sure.  My young ones never messed with my speakers, but they did treat the large screen T.V. as a huge canvas for their crayons.  Grr...