Pi Peregrination 2017 C&C Tour and Contest

JakeJ

Re: Pi Peregrination 2017 C&C Tour and Contest
« Reply #20 on: 31 Mar 2017, 07:15 pm »
Apologies for not catching this thread earlier.  The home page rolls them through pretty fast and I don't get to check it as often as I'd like.

I am very interested as well as I have not played around with networked music serving.  I would ask to be placed at the end of the tour as work is all consuming for the next few days and then I am moving after that.

Thanks for the invite.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #21 on: 2 Apr 2017, 02:53 pm »
So we nearly filled up the slots for the tour and will be shipping Monday.  Each participant will keep the unit for two weeks maximum and ship it to the next participant, USPS insured for $200, FedEx or UPS declared value $200 (this costs a tiny bit more so you have to declare it at time of shipping), I'll pm you the info for the next participant.

The order is based on location for the least shipping cost and transit time, as well as availability of the participants.  mrresseguie hasn't pm'd yet, but there's a virtual slot for him if he does.  Here's the order:

natureboy
GentleBender
charmerci
SFDude
Wayne1
gregfisk
JakeJ
rotarius
LesterSleepsIn
barryso

If anyone has any scheduling conflicts let me know and we'll try to accommodate.

Edit: We did have a conflict so charmerci is now in front of Wayne1.
Edit: gregfisk has been added to the tour.
Edit: SFDude has been moved up to #4
Edit: rotarius and barryso have been added to the tour.
« Last Edit: 3 Jul 2017, 03:07 pm by Letitroll98 »

JakeJ

« Reply #22 on: 2 Apr 2017, 07:34 pm »
Thanks for including me.

charmerci

« Reply #23 on: 2 Apr 2017, 07:43 pm »
Great! I already have SFDude's address from the other tour going on now!  :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #24 on: 3 Apr 2017, 01:21 am »
What a coinky-dink, charmerci.  You, SFDude, and I are in the same order as the iTube2 tour.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #25 on: 4 Apr 2017, 01:35 pm »
Just a fyi, natureboy will receive the stack today.

charmerci

« Reply #26 on: 4 Apr 2017, 03:50 pm »
What a coinky-dink, charmerci.  You, SFDude, and I are in the same order as the iTube2 tour.

Ain't it bizarre???  :cyclops:

jtsnead

« Reply #27 on: 13 Apr 2017, 01:02 pm »
I am interested to compare to a PS Audio stack DS Jr and DMP

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #28 on: 13 Apr 2017, 05:59 pm »
Just send a PM.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #29 on: 14 Apr 2017, 06:44 am »
If I can still join, I would be very interested in trying this out. I am not a computer geek, especially my music server which is a mac mini. I do have my router on my audio rack thou.

If I can still get on I'm in WA. state with JakeJ if that helps?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #30 on: 14 Apr 2017, 10:55 am »
Yes we still have room, just read the opening post and send a PM.  Three people have asked to be added to the tour and no one has sent a PM about it.  Please read the opening post on the thread, thanks.

JohnR

« Reply #31 on: 17 Apr 2017, 09:47 am »
Just a fyi, natureboy will receive the stack today.

Any news? Just wondering... hoping it works OK.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 17 Apr 2017, 10:56 am »
natureboy was traveling and was unable to audition the Pi stack, so Gentle Bender has it now.  gregfisk has been added to the tour.

JohnR

« Reply #33 on: 17 Apr 2017, 10:58 am »
Cool. Just was hoping that someone else got it running  :thumb:

GentleBender

« Reply #34 on: 18 Apr 2017, 01:00 am »
I've been buried and have run into a couple problems. First, I have owned Apple gear for so long I didn't have a USB keyboard or mouse. :duh: Now that I have both I am hoping to get some time to play with this. Is there a tutorial for this? Some tips and tricks?  :scratch:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #35 on: 18 Apr 2017, 04:42 am »
Good place to remind everyone that we have a technical thread that you can post questions to so the answers will benefit everyone.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148609.0

JohnR

« Reply #36 on: 18 Apr 2017, 08:34 am »
Thanks Dan  :thumb:

First, I have owned Apple gear for so long I didn't have a USB keyboard or mouse. :duh:

Um, yep so... there is no need for a USB keyboard and mouse... unless something has really gone wrong. Plug it in and turn it on, then connect via web browser (per thread linked above).

:thumb:

GentleBender

« Reply #37 on: 18 Apr 2017, 09:04 am »
I somehow totally missed this thread http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148609.0 before jumping on this tour. :oops: I will have to grab a long network cable to run from the room across the hall into my listening room. Not a big deal 30ft should do it. I'll try to post tonight after I get it set up.

JohnR

« Reply #38 on: 18 Apr 2017, 09:33 am »
Cool  :D

GentleBender

« Reply #39 on: 21 Apr 2017, 12:52 am »
Sorry to cause this thread to stall out. Ran into some misunderstandings about the setup :duh: , then my brother ended up in the hospital for a couple days (thank God not more). So I finally got some time to set it up tonight and am enjoying it as I type this quick update.

First, this setup requires an Ethernet cable run directly into the device (it is covered in the technical FAQ page http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148609.0). It could be more convenient for some than others. I ran a CAT5 cable from one room to my listening room. I've worked in IT for 16 years so I've got plenty to choose from 30' did it for me. I could add a wireless USB device, but this was easier. Put some files on a FAT32 formatted USB stick and off to the races.

I access it with my iPad just using Safari, and after giving it maybe a minute or two to boot up following the instructions. After a minute of checking out the interface I understood exactly what to do. BAM! Select the library on the USB stick and music starts. Let it play for about 20 minutes hooked in the following order; Pi Peregrination>iTube 2>Odyssey Cyclops. It sounds better than my Mac Mini>Sony UDA-1 DAC>Odyssey Cyclops! But not better than Mac Mini>Sony UDA-1 DAC>iTube 2>Odyssey Cyclops.

This is just a quick note on how things are going. More to come after I get to spend a little more time with this..
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2017, 08:54 am by GentleBender »