Khartago monoblocks

MARKCN

Khartago monoblocks
« on: 2 Mar 2017, 03:11 am »
Can't seem to get a bite on mint condition, heavily optioned and a little over two years old any thoughts?

srb

Re: Khartago monoblocks
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2017, 04:22 am »
Delete the repeated photographs.  You have 3 identical photos of the full Left rear panel and no photo of the full Right rear panel.  There are also 2 identical photos of the invoice.  Too much needless scrolling to get to the ad text and price.  I would put the text at the beginning of the ad preceeding the photos.

The ad also doesn't mention mint condition.

I would also edit the title to something like ...

FS: Odyssey Khartago Monoblocks - more than 50% off !!!
 -or-
FS: Odyssey Khartago Monoblocks - less than half price !!!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2017, 06:02 am »
Hi.

I've got two thoughts on this. The first is to place the price at the top of the ad, so all possible interested parties will be clear. The second thought has more to do with the market in general, but also my own recent experience. Many for sale items take time to sell. Your ad has been up for just one day, no? I had my AVA 400R amp up for about one month. I did get a couple nibbles, but no one came forth with a serious interest. It may have been my price or it may be that another 400R sold not too long before mine. Dunno. I've still got mine, but it is sitting in storage waiting for the day that we (wife and I) decide just where our next home will be.

Be patient...unless you really want to sell it quickly - in which case try dropping the price 10% and accept that it's a difficult market.

Best,

Michael

djbnh

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2017, 11:48 am »
You are the second owner of these items, which will deflect downward the price others are willing to pay.

You have very little activity on AudioCircle, which gave give potential buyers pause.

Also, I was a previous Odyssey owner, and it took a while to sell my Stratos Extreme Monos. I sometimes wonder if that was divine intervention giving me time to think it over, there's some days I really miss those amps.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2017, 01:26 pm »
It also appears you've covered up the total invoiced price on the receipt?

Be patient. Everything sells.

MARKCN

« Reply #5 on: 3 Mar 2017, 02:06 am »
Hi and thanks for all the informative feedback I will address them in order
#1 IMO not the easiest site to post pics,and listing (I  have it listed on USAM and a lot easier to navigate than this site)so if people want other pics then just PM me
#2 with regards to invoice I am not going to give personal information out freely (Klaus Can verify serial numbers)
#3 so what I am second owner I'm a tube guy I wanted to play with SS gear at least I did not lie about chain of ownership
#4 Because I did not mention "mint"it's already taboo and because I don't have side views implies that I may have took a grinder to the sides again pm me for pics.
#5 just because I am not a social butterfly on this site dose not constitute that I am a bad person with bad intent.
#6 last but not least has Odyssey run out of steam since the reviews have come and gone and maybe they are not as good as they were hyped up to be but I am speculating with that statement

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2017, 06:53 am »
Run out of steam ....hyped up  ????   Seriously dude ???????

Tell that to my months of backorders.....and let me speculate a bit more : ................

MARKCN

« Reply #7 on: 3 Mar 2017, 01:23 pm »
DUDE!!!!!!! Then there should be a high demand for the Khartago's I have listed I spoke with you a while back you quoted me$4400.00 for those amps no bites on USAM even at less than 50℅

MARKCN

« Reply #8 on: 3 Mar 2017, 01:44 pm »
Another member has a candella listed he had a lot of hits all bumps from him you would think it would have been gone by now. Or is it because he is a Jrmember also and it seems no one gives the time of day to us Jr member.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #9 on: 3 Mar 2017, 01:53 pm »
Definitely I am more likely to buy from members that have been around here for a while than those that are here just to sell something.  Also, Audio Circle is a fairly small group, in spite of a large membership.  My guess is that we have maybe 200 active members and another 1000 somewhat active.  So at any given time, it's a small marketplace. 
There is nothing really wrong with your ad, the gear is quality stuff, the price is reasonable, but it just takes time to sell audiophile merchandise. 

MARKCN

« Reply #10 on: 3 Mar 2017, 02:23 pm »
I understand that it takes time to sell I am not hard up for the money nor do I need to sell to get to the next piece.I have excellent feedback on USAM under different name. I know the party that I made the deal with did not get a lot of interest also.i know I may have started a little controversy with Klaus I was only asking honest questions

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #11 on: 3 Mar 2017, 03:15 pm »
I doubt you are helping your cause when you get snippy with people who respond.
Bottom line is:  you are not a known commodity here and you act like people should
be jumping on your listing.  My experience is that pricing is not always the key issue
on AC.  I've sold things and I've had things fail to sell. It's whatever people are looking
for at the moment.
regards,
Hibuck....

srb

« Reply #12 on: 3 Mar 2017, 03:25 pm »
Several suggestions were made to help correct errors and deficiencies in the ad itself, yet no edits were made.  :scratch:

jpm

« Reply #13 on: 3 Mar 2017, 03:41 pm »
A general observation about selling expensive, niche interest items: You can always sell things quickly by pricing them aggressively or you can be patient and wait for the right buyer. 

I've recently sold a lot of equipment and between eBay, Amazon, Audiogon, USAM and here. There's not much of a pattern as to which of them is better suited (though I doubt you'll Odyssey in the Amazon catalog to list against !). 

Not being desperate for the money means politely deflecting the low-ballers and having the option to be more selective about who you sell to.

A thread like this after items have only been listed a couple of days suggests a lack of the patience required to be successful, makes potential buyers leery of a hot-head and doesn't really jive with not being "hard up for the money". 

If I had been considering your amps and privately weighing my options, this thread would have put an end to that idea.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #14 on: 3 Mar 2017, 03:55 pm »

A thread like this after items have only been listed a couple of days suggests a lack of the patience required to be successful, makes potential buyers leery of a hot-head and doesn't really jive with not being "hard up for the money". 

If I had been considering your amps and privately weighing my options, this thread would have put an end to that idea.
Good observation. 

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #15 on: 3 Mar 2017, 08:17 pm »
Mark,

Well,  JPM  is right on the money....you have some experience with used gear...the last pieces that you listed took a couple of months to sell...but let me respond here in general:

-.  yes, you did stir up a controversy because these are not "honest" questions but vaguely covered insults or "controversy inducing" remarks at best....
-  you only had these amps for a few days,  doubt it that you gave it a good several weeks to recharge them correctly..and as you bought them used, they were initially custom biased for the original    owner,  which is always an iffy thing regardless of what amplifier you are going to buy...again,  bias is supremely important...as a tube guy,  I'm sure you know...
- Then again,  no harm done or and definitely not insulted by you selling the amps again...you are a tube guy,  and any of the amps might just not be everybody's cup of tea....happens, and when you built 6000 + amps over the years, you're bound to have quite a few units resold.
- Pricing is not everything...see remarks above
- lastly, pricing, and / or used sales are much more important for really expensive gear,  where you can save 10's of thousands....with our cost structure we find over the years that it is so reasonable that the vast majority of people simply want to buy new...even considering a rather long waiting list....however, for some people saving every penny is important, of course,  and that's also why I have transferable warranties, and offer my help and time to every customer, be it new or used gear ,  just as I did with you...........

maplegrovemusic

• Please Be kind to your ears .... Treat your room
« Reply #16 on: 3 Mar 2017, 11:53 pm »
My buddy Yoshi just sold a pair of the big amps in the small chassis (sorry I am not familiar with the names ) in one day on Audiogon . The market is strong if priced right and you are reaching a large audience .

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #17 on: 4 Mar 2017, 01:45 am »
For anything of significan't $$ that I'm interested in, I ALWAYS peruse the seller's posts.  Even if he has thousands, I want to get a feel for who I'm dealing with (what circles does he hang out in)

And when selling I want to find out who the buyer is, especially with virtually no presence here.  Last thing I want as a seller is a buyer who unjustly complains about the item once received, packing, shipping issues, who knows.

All that said, if I were interested in your amps, even if you were asking a ridiculously low amount, I would walk away based on your posting history.  I'm sorry if that touches a nerve, but it's just me.

TJHUB

« Reply #18 on: 4 Mar 2017, 02:16 am »
Can't seem to get a bite on mint condition, heavily optioned and a little over two years old any thoughts?

I think you're getting a liitle bit of a raw deal in this thread.  My opinion is anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  Lower your price, wait and sell them at a later date, or advertise to a larger audience.  Simple, really...

MARKCN

« Reply #19 on: 4 Mar 2017, 06:00 pm »
Thanks TJHUB I actually started this post purposely to see how the members reacted ,and it went exactly as I expected it to. I ruffeld feathers and it worked flawlessly. My whole point was to show how this community on this forum act like elitist snobs to Jr members. And Klaus I had the amps for three weeks not a few days as far as charging capacitors  it does not take weeks. I know a little about electronics and capacitor charge rates.