DVA 4/2 Powerful (700 Watt) Multi Purpose Amplifier

Mary

• Industry Participant
  • AVA Associate
DVA 4/2 Powerful (700 Watt) Multi Purpose Amplifier
« on: 14 Feb 2017, 07:30 pm »
DVA 4/2 Power Amplifier

The new Audio by Van Alstine DVA 4/2, our newest addition to the DVA amplifier line of Audio by Van Alstine products, is a flexible solid state power amplifier. It can be used as a stereo amplifier delivering a crushing 450 watts per channel or as a four channel amplifier delivering 125 watts per channel.

In stereo mode, it will effortlessly drive any pair of speakers. Its four channel mode is perfect for driving multiple speakers in a home theater system or both channels in a bi-amplified stereo system. Best of all, the amp can be changed from four to two channel mode by simply pressing a switch!

The DVA 4/2 is an advanced solid-state design using actively regulated MOSFET outputs. Our output regulation technology lets the circuit components work their best to deliver the clearest sound you are likely to hear anywhere.

The DVA 4/2 is available now for $3699. All AVA products come with a three year warranty. Additional information will soon be available on our website. Information on our complete line of products is available at www.avahifi.com or by calling 651-330-9871.

We are offering an introductory price of $3399.00 if your order if placed by April 15,2017.

« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2017, 03:06 pm by Mary »

dB Cooper

Re: AVA is Excited to Announce our Latest Addition.....
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2017, 09:39 pm »
I believe I speak for everyone when I say....  :drool:

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2017, 10:02 pm »
Is that a trigger socket I see in the middle of the back panel? To remotely power the amp on/off? If so, another nice feature incorporated into your latest chassis!

Wayner

« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2017, 11:12 pm »
Yes, its a 12 volt trigger for those that wish to control the on/off function of the amp with their AV system.

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2017, 03:13 am »
I suspect many want to know, is DVA an acronym for a more descriptive model name?

Wayner

« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2017, 10:20 am »
It is the initials for a very dear person.

benguin

« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2017, 02:59 pm »
Hoping the lucky few who have worked closely with the DVA 4/2 development can give their impressions/comparisons with the hybrid 600r (which I love dearly).

Glad to see the innovation continue!

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2017, 03:25 am »
Nice dedication!

It is the initials for a very dear person.

avahifi_lj

« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2017, 03:09 am »
Hello,

The first production version of the DVA 4/2 amp is finished and going through the burn in process before it ships.  I thought you might be interested in a photo of what's inside this amazing amp.  As you can see we have packed a lot into this amp  :D

As Mary stated, this amp can operate as either a stereo or four channel amp ideal for an AV system.

Regards,

Larry

avahifi

« Reply #9 on: 27 Feb 2017, 07:55 pm »
Checking out the photo in the previous post, I can tell you a bit more about the new DVA 4/2 design.

Each of the two large circuit boards support two independent Class AB power amplifiers with four Exicon double die 200V, 250W, 16 amp power mos-fets for each channel.  Each circuit board also supports two active high voltage, high current regulators for the output transistors and separate high voltage, low current regulators for the small signal circuits.  Extensive power supply decoupling circuits are also provided to provide for the absolutely stable ultra wide band performance capability of this design.

Each of the two audio circuit boards also include electronic switching circuits for changing the mode of operation from four discrete channel to two very high power channel operation.

The vertical circuit board to the right of the toroid power transformer contains the high current turn on relay and power supplies for mode switching and 12V trigger capability.

The amp is quiet, VERY high powered, and is the best sounding solid state amp we have ever done.  Just what your system needs.

Frank

Charles Calkins

« Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2017, 12:05 am »

I know my eyes are getting bad but I don't see balanced outs on the amp.

Cheers
                                               Charlie

avahifi

« Reply #11 on: 28 Feb 2017, 12:52 am »
Balanced outputs?  In the stereo mode it has balanced outputs.

Balanced inputs?  Just not enough real estate for XLR fittings.  All filled up with 4 sets of speaker terminals, 4 RCA jacks, 4 to 2 channel switch, 12V trigger jack, IEC AC socket, main fuse, and circuit ground lift switch.

I suppose we could do another version of the back panel with a couple of XLR inputs only and eliminate the 4 channel mode but is there any market for that here at Ac?

It would then be a true balanced power amp, but useful only with a true balanced preamp and DAC.  Would not make it sound any better. Musically it is spectacular as is.

Frank

Mike-48

« Reply #12 on: 28 Feb 2017, 07:05 pm »
For those of us who use use long interconnect runs, it's nice to have balanced inputs. Since the amp is balanced itself, it seems a shame not to offer them.

avahifi

« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2017, 10:37 pm »
We can do that; build amp with balanced inputs.  It would be two channel only.

Frank

avahifi

Re: DVA 4/2 Powerful (700 Watt) Multi Purpose Amplifier
« Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2017, 03:12 pm »
A pure differential version of this amp is coming very soon, the DVA 700.  It has XLR inputs only and is awesome when used with pure balanced components ahead of it.  Same price as DVA 4/2.

Frank

Jim Hamley

« Reply #15 on: 20 Mar 2017, 06:33 pm »
Specs?

avahifi

« Reply #16 on: 20 Mar 2017, 07:10 pm »
The DVA 700 pure differential amplifier will have at least 350W/ch into 8 ohms, much more power into lower impedance loads.

Frank

Mike-48

« Reply #17 on: 25 Mar 2017, 07:01 pm »
How would the sound of a DVA 700 compare to that of a FET Valve 600R? I realize that's a somewhat open-ended question, but perhaps someone from AVA would like to take a stab at it.

avahifi

« Reply #18 on: 25 Mar 2017, 10:05 pm »
If used in a pure differential system from source signal to speakers the DVA 700 iwould be the best.  In a single ended system the Fet Valve 600R is recommended.

Frank's

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #19 on: 26 Mar 2017, 01:24 am »
Any plans to offer a new version of the Full Differential System?  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=54139.msg483007#msg483007