Is there a PC equivalent to the D2 IC?

audioguy213

Is there a PC equivalent to the D2 IC?
« on: 14 Aug 2016, 06:33 pm »
I like what the D2 interconnects bring to my system,
do you have a power cord option that brings more of the same?

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Is there a PC equivalent to the D2 IC?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2016, 08:05 pm »
Hi audioguy,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the D2s  :thumb:

My power cables are the same design as the D2s with much larger gauge wire. The D2s are a touch on the warm side while the power cables are a bit closer to neutral due to the different application.

smk

• Life's a bummer, then you pay taxes.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2016, 09:02 pm »
Not to be a PITA, but it depends on your definition of "equivalent."

audioguy213

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2016, 10:44 pm »
Not to be a PITA, but it depends on your definition of "equivalent."

I think Dave addressed it,

The D2 is a "unique" flavor, even amongst Dave's own offering - to some degree -- I dont want to put words into his mouth but, that is my take after reading about it and listening to it.

I just replaced an IC I found very nice and neutral, but I Think the D2 offers things that suit my system (warmth, in an emotionally involving, toe-tapping kind of way that does not make me feel like I am compromising detail),

So I was kinda asking if his PCs did the same,

and he kinda said yes, but kinda no...

I want sweeter, smoother and MORE BASS.  Some PCs do that, some are more neutral or detailed, etc.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2016, 04:25 pm »
Power cables and signal cables do have different effects, although overlapping in some respects... it is amazing how much power cables can contribute to the sound through tone and dynamics. In general my power cables are more neutral vs the D2 interconnect cable, but the plugs make a huge difference and can easily tilt the balance towards a warmer sound. My power cables with gold plated plugs at both ends would lean more towards the warm side and the increase in dynamics will make for more bass vs an average power cable. I have a couple of standard plug combinations I use but I can use anything... for a warmer power cable I'd go with Furutech FI-28 gold plated male AC and IEC plugs, or even the FI-50 gold plated male plug. The gold plated pure copper contacts should achieve the results you're looking for, and as always I have demo cables I can send for a trial run, as trying components in your own system is the only way to know they will work for you.