Acoustic Treatment Guidance:

gkinberg

Acoustic Treatment Guidance:
« on: 5 Jul 2016, 07:37 pm »
Hello, I plan to pull the trigger on some acoustical treatments for my living/2-channel/home theater room. I know where I want to put the panels but that may not have a great deal of correlation as to where the panels should go. My two largest goals are to smooth out a few of the bass valleys (dip at ~20 hz and dip ~ 43 hz) and to tame what I perceive as some midrange harshness. I have a mock drawing of my room according to scale. I have photographs of my room going around 360 degrees and I have REW measurements of my room both combined left and right speakers and r/l speakers independently.

I assume that all of this "information" should be enough to come up with suggestions as to where some treatments should go. Is this type of in-depth personal assistance the type of customer service that GiK provides or would I be better off just picking the brains of the forum members?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide, Garth

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
Re: Acoustic Treatment Guidance:
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2016, 08:24 pm »
Have you been to their web site? All the info you need is there. Plus, You can send them all that neat stuff you have and they'll make recommendations. Their products work. I have no monetary interest in the firm. I'm just a happy customer.

Doc

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
Re: Acoustic Treatment Guidance:
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2016, 03:00 pm »
Have you been to their web site? All the info you need is there. Plus, You can send them all that neat stuff you have and they'll make recommendations. Their products work. I have no monetary interest in the firm. I'm just a happy customer.

Doc

Spot on. It will be pretty hard to do a full design on the forum so I would HIGHLY recommend you start with our online advice form so we can help you over email and or phone. See the following link.
http://www.gikacoustics.com/acoustic-advice/

Glenn Kuras
GIK Acoustics