The new T10 RB (Real Basic) affordable vacuum tube preamplifier. $899 base price

avahifi

Our brand new T10 RB is an amazing evolution of our award winning Transcendence Eight series preamplifiers.

With its newly designed mother board, we have executed significant improvements.  The T10 RB mother board has separate and isolated ground panels for each section; the high voltage power supply, the low voltage power supply, and the audio circuits. This allows us to produce a very quiet vacuum tube preamp.

The high voltage power supply features a huge pie network ahead of the four active regulators, taking supply noise and interaction down to nearly zero. In addition, there are separate regulated power supplies for the high voltage, the tube heaters, the headphone section, the optional phono section. We designed the new mother board to take advantage of the newest high capacity power supply capacitors and specify all polypropylene capacitors in the signal paths.

The T10 RB is all tube, using 6N1P tubes in the gain stages.

It includes the provision for an outstanding brand new split passive EQ optional phono section with its own isolated regulated power supplies.

The end result of our efforts is a natural, engaging, dynamic, high resolution preamplifier that can interface seamlessly into and improve the most demanding audio systems.

Eliminating many functions purists never used significantly reduced our parts cost and build labor time, allowing us to present uncompromised sonic beauty at a much lower cost than you would ever expect

The Transcendence 10 RB has a precision volume control, a removable IEC power cord, gold plated input and output jacks and a double anodized faceplate.  Also available is an optional remote control for those wanting to control the volume level from their ideal listening position.

It has four sets of line level inputs (Line 1 used for the optional phono section if specified).  It has two sets of audio outputs.

The T10 RB preamplifier also includes, as a standard feature, an exquisite headphone amplifier.

We present the Transcendence 10 RB preamplifier as the best we can currently do at a very affordable price.  When you hear it, you will understand why we are so excited.

The following options are available:  RIAA adjustable MM/MC phono circuits ($329) and remote control with motorized volume and mute functions. ($299)

The Transcendence Ten RB is available right now.  Call us at 651-330-9871 to order.  30 day satisfaction guarantee of course.

Frank Van Alstine

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Wow, that's awesome, Frank!  :thumb:

Can a T8 be upgraded to T10, yet retain the functions the T10 does not have?

avahifi

The upgrade cost is $799 but I would not bother upgrading a T8 unless the improved headphone amp in the T10 is important to you.

The T8 was pretty darn good as is.

Frank

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
The upgrade cost is $799 but I would not bother upgrading a T8 unless the improved headphone amp in the T10 is important to you.

The T8 was pretty darn good as is.

Frank

Yes, the T8 is mighty fine.

Your candor is refreshing, Frank.  :thumb:

maty

Frank, it may be a good idea to add balanced connections, at least as an option.

maty

And for what?  Balanced line is essentially a useless frill in a home system.  Useful for noisy stage or studio chock fulla stuff, but home use, just foo foo dust, expensive and requires more circuits.

You are wrong. I thought the same until three few days ago when I listened a new vinyl rip, with a very expensive balanced cables in a very expensive phono too. The sound was much better than the earlier version with very expensive unbalanced too.

maty

dB Cooper

Glad to see AVA making real quality audio affordable. This should be popular with people when longer need to feed a tape monitor loop, need elaborate switching etc.

Wayner

And for what?  Balanced line is essentially a useless frill in a home system.  Useful for noisy stage or studio chock fulla stuff, but home use, just foo foo dust, expensive and requires more circuits.

You are wrong. I thought the same until three few days ago when I listened a new vinyl rip, with a very expensive balanced cables in a very expensive phono too. The sound was much better than the earlier version with very expensive unbalanced too.

First, no, its not. Secondly, where did the above quote come from. No one in this thread said anything about such a topic. If you are going to import quotes from another thread, don't you think it would be a bit more polite and correct to put a persons name on the quote, or where it came from?

Good grief.

ernest787

First, no, its not. Secondly, where did the above quote come from. No one in this thread said anything about such a topic. If you are going to import quotes from another thread, don't you think it would be a bit more polite and correct to put a persons name on the quote, or where it came from?
Good grief.

I believe that quote actually came from Frank after the original question was posed.  It seems Frank deleted his comment though for some reason, but he was already quoted so that is where it is coming from.

I only know this b/c I saw Frank's original post before it vanished.

NIGHTFALL1970

How about some "under the hood" pics? :thumb:

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
I also saw Frank's subsequently deleted post. Check out the IGWB (for now).

I believe that quote actually came from Frank after the original question was posed.  It seems Frank deleted his comment though for some reason, but he was already quoted so that is where it is coming from.

I only know this b/c I saw Frank's original post before it vanished.

happyrabbit

I love the 6N1P !  It's da bomb !  Excellent choice Frank.

maty

Yes, Frank deleted the comment.

Moreover, the new product is very interesting for those living in the USA. I always say that the noise (ALL) is the main enemy in audio. And DC in mains too. With a clean power (mains and inside -more regulators-) the sound is much better in any system.

vonnie123

+1 on the two-output design.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel

Good grief.

It's your boss.  You can see the wrong grumpy answer here.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=140927.0

Wayner

That is not the point. No one knew where the quote came from. If you are going to quote someone, lets leave the name attached so it gives a statement some connection. For all I knew, the quote could have come from Audiokarma.

'ner

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
That is not the point. No one knew where the quote came from. If you are going to quote someone, lets leave the name attached so it gives a statement some connection. For all I knew, the quote could have come from Audiokarma.

'ner
Riiiight.  I provided the location of the quote since it went to the IGWB it can't be quoted in the normal fashion so a link will have to work. 

Mary

• Industry Participant
  • AVA Associate
Frank, it may be a good idea to add balanced connections, at least as an option.

Maty,

The T10 RB has been designed to be a "real basic" preamplifier.  Adding balanced line, as well as other features, would defeat the purpose of this product.  Our best tube preamplifier, the Fet Valve CF, has many more options available.  The transcendence series has always been a favorite design of Frank's and many others, this is why we took the award winning circuit and made it a "RB" version.  It is a product that Frank wanted to offer for those on a tighter budget.  Frank has always told me "The reason I do what I do is I want everyone to be able to afford great audio"!

Regards,

Mary

Mary

• Industry Participant
  • AVA Associate
It's your boss.  You can see the wrong grumpy answer here.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=140927.0

In all fairness to Maty and jtwrace, Frank did make the "grumpy" reply yesterday in a moment of frustration.  He happened to read the post at the wrong time.  He did not mean to take his frustration out on Audio Circle, that is why it was deleted.

Mary