New - Balanced Line in now available on all big AVA power amplifiers.

avahifi

Yes, it took a lot of work and a lot longer then we had expected,but AVA can now offer optional balanced line inputs on all of our big chassis power amplifiers (Fet Valve 600R, Fet Valve 400R, Synergy 450 and Synergy 300)

The option price is $200 for balanced line inputs only, $250 for switchable balanced line and RCA single ended inputs.

The balanced line option includes Neutrik gold contact XLR connections, a new tiny stereo differential operation summing board that mounts directly on the XLR jacks (no "pin 1" issue) and a separate regulated power supply board, transformer and all, to power the summing board.

It was an enormous project to design a summing board that did not affect the awesome sound quality of our power amps, but its a done deal now.  The active circuits are direct coupled in to out, no capacitors in the signal path, and include a time delay relay to protect the amp from on or off transients.  It s a really lovely and tiny bit of engineering work.

We can supply these amplifier with true balanced line inputs right now, just what you need to run one from those high tech digital DAC/Preamp units.

Sorry, the balanced line input option is not available as a retrofit for older AVA amplifiers.  It required tooling new back panel metal and swapping back panel metal is a VERY labor intensive operation.

Please call me for more details.  651-330-9871

Frank Van Alstine
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2015, 02:18 pm by avahifi »

maty

Now you can say that the AVA have everything and more  :P

And a DC blocker / blocking too, if I am not mistaken.

PS: meanwhile the euro continues to depreciate against dollar  :duh:

- Regards from Spain -

Austin08

This new feature would put AVA back into my shopping list.

avahifi

Note that we removed our recommendation regarding use of the ART DTI singled ended to XLR conversion box due to it causing excess hum in some cases.  It has a non-standard grounding arrangement.

The optional AVA balanced line inputs using XLR jacks is quiet with every real balanced line output source we have tried.

We did try these simple and low cost RCA to XLR conversion jacks and they work just fine where needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pack-3-Pin-XLR-Male-to-RCA-Female-Jack-Audio-Cable-Microphone-Mic-DJ-Adapter-/310925696489?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

smokey

WELL, I have one ,that is a new 600R balanced with XLR & RCA inputs, what do I THINK about this change to my system.  MY system  as a whole sounds  GREAT :D  to give you some insight of what I have , PSA DSD with their CD TRANSPORT with CARDAS clear light XLR cables to the  AUDIO RESEARCH LS27 preamp also same CARDAS cables that now feed the balanced AVA 600R. What I did have for amps  were  WYRED4SOUND SX 1000 monos,  they differ in many ways it"s in the ear of the beholder  :lol:  the D class amp is tight and bright  the  soundstage is wide but  not  as deep  with  good separation , now with the 600R, it just sounds real it is not bright the highs are clean an defined  the bottom end has authority, this gives acoustic instruments body, also horns have a true sound the soundstage is as wide as your room will allow for me this was a :thumb: change  my speakers are SALK SS8  THIS IS A MATCH MADE IN AUDIO HEAVEN
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2015, 02:51 am by smokey »