Holger Czukay Passed Away

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Holger Czukay Passed Away
« on: 9 Sep 2017, 01:43 pm »
I sorry to inform Holger Czukay wordwide famous bassist from seminal german band CAN passed away afew days 05SEP2017 at 79yo in Weilerswist, Germany.

Holger was a short man what force him to play a short scale Fender Mustang bass what give that sound firm and dry to CAN until Holger open his Bass position to Jamaican Rosko Gee to make sound effects, Rosko was a tall man and used a long neck Fender Jazz Bass, unfortunately this lead the band to explode due Rosko copyrights firm position.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22m57uHa8AA

Holger birth named Holger Schüring in 24Mar1938 in Danzig, Poland today Gdańsk.
A sad year to Progressive Rock.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/sep/06/holger-czukay-obituary
RIP
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2017, 05:02 pm by FullRangeMan »

megabigeye

Re: Holger Czukay Passed Away
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2017, 02:39 pm »
Too bad!  Can is one of my all time favorite bands.  I remember having a " :o :o :o :o :o " moment after hearing them for the first time.  I got to see Holger Czukay in Boston some 12 years ago...  I was expecting to see a bunch of young hipsters since so much art rock owes so much to Can, but I and my friend were the youngest people there by some 20 years.  Anyway, he was a funny old guy (well, he seemed old to me) with a thick accent that played some weird ass music.

I think that video linked is Rosco Gee, though.  Unless Mr. Czukay has a really deep tan.

Interesting interview.
Mother Sky, with HC looking strikingly like a muppet.
And the sort of weird music he played at that show

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Holger Czukay Passed Away
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2017, 01:23 pm »
When Holger came to my country he had to lecture in universities for free to students and classical musicians, there was no public for his music, the adolescents of the time were lost in Elton John and Black Sabbath.

Holger detailed his composition musical process and his equips.