Bryston class-d amps ?

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
Bryston class-d amps ?
« on: 14 Jan 2017, 09:39 pm »
James,

i might be wrong but i cannot find these amps anymore on Bryston's website...?!? :scratch:

what happened??

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston class-d amps ?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2017, 09:56 pm »
James,

i might be wrong but i cannot find these amps anymore on Bryston's website...?!? :scratch:

what happened??

al.

Hi Al

We discontinued them. They were designed more for Zone applications and without computer control never really did that well

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2017, 10:10 pm »
ok. so it seems that customers prefer the good old a/b design of an amp...

however, would you say that class-d amps will never come back to Bryston? what about smaller amps - now that you have the BOT, BUC, etc ?? would class-d allow this kind of small amplification?? maybe not 1/3rd size but a 2/3rd size??

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2017, 12:23 am »
ok. so it seems that customers prefer the good old a/b design of an amp...

however, would you say that class-d amps will never come back to Bryston? what about smaller amps - now that you have the BOT, BUC, etc ?? would class-d allow this kind of small amplification?? maybe not 1/3rd size but a 2/3rd size??

al.

I think there is an advantage if you use a Class D Power supply with a Class D amp as you can keep the weight down but we used large linear power supplies so most people found them too large and heavy for that application.  Maybe in the future we will look at it again as we should never say never as I learned with our Turntable

james'
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2017, 01:27 am by James Tanner »