Herbie's vs Stillpoints

Audiophile

Herbie's vs Stillpoints
« on: 3 May 2017, 02:09 am »
Has anyone compared Stillpoints and Herbie's under equipment or speakers?

jriggy

Re: Herbie's vs Stillpoints
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2017, 12:09 pm »
Indirectly, yes... I had 8 Stillpoint Ultras to try under my speakers. They came out, so I tried them under some gear. They were returned within 30 days. I now use Herbie's and Daedalus DiDs throughout the system.

It all depends on what you are going for and what your system may call for but the Stillpoints created leanness I did not want. They may of been clean and clear but at a cost, tradeoffs and monetarily.

Herbie's cleaned up my sound without taking any of its body away.

Audiophile

« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2017, 10:16 pm »
Indirectly, yes... I had 8 Stillpoint Ultras to try under my speakers. They came out, so I tried them under some gear. They were returned within 30 days. I now use Herbie's and Daedalus DiDs throughout the system.

It all depends on what you are going for and what your system may call for but the Stillpoints created leanness I did not want. They may of been clean and clear but at a cost, tradeoffs and monetarily.

Herbie's cleaned up my sound without taking any of its body away.

Thanks jriggy!

Which Herbie's do you use and uder what equipment?

Thanks!!

jriggy

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2017, 11:48 pm »
Herbie's Tenderfoot footers (Big Tall version for all).
Under: power conditioner, DAC (w/ Hi-End Booster Base for height), preamp power supply, and power amp(extra firm version for amp). 

Daedalus DiD under: voltage regulator (:dunno: who knew! They just worked very well there), transport and preamp.

I tried both under each component until ariveing at this combination.
« Last Edit: 4 May 2017, 12:02 pm by jriggy »

Audiophile

« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2017, 03:24 am »
Herbie's Tinderfoot footers (Big Tall version for all).
Under: power conditioner, DAC (w/ Hi-End Booster Base for height), preamp power supply, and power amp(extra firm version for amp). 

Daedalus DiD under: voltage regulator (:dunno: who knew! They just worked very well there), transport and preamp.

I tried both under each component until ariveing at this combination.

Thanks again!

I have VSA VR-5 Anniversary MK II speakers coming in about 2 weeks. I see Herbie's has a Von Schweikert special for module decoupling. I'm going to take advantage of that and maybe some additional items to try within my system.

steve in jersey

« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2017, 11:52 am »
Not to be a "Buttinsky -wiseguy/know-it- all", unless they've changed the the name (of these excellent) footers I believe they're called "Tenderfoot"(Which is a pretty appropriate name for how they handle & drain the vibrational energy away from the components they're placed under)

Don't be shy about trying other Herbie products as their effects seem to be additive when used throughout your playback system !

jriggy

« Reply #6 on: 4 May 2017, 12:03 pm »
Not to be a "Buttinsky -wiseguy/know-it- all", unless they've changed the the name (of these excellent) footers I believe they're called "Tenderfoot"(Which is a pretty appropriate name for how they handle & drain the vibrational energy away from the components they're placed under)

Don't be shy about trying other Herbie products as their effects seem to be additive when used throughout your playback system !

Sorry for the type-o... Post fixed.

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #7 on: 4 May 2017, 04:38 pm »
(4) Tenderfeet under my CDP.
(4) Iso-Cup w/Acrylic balls under Int Amp.
Super Black Hole - I never play a CD without it.
Herbie's Audio Lab products provide the best ROI I have ever made to my system.