UPDATED: 🍒 Maraschino, x-CHerry, and MEGAschino REVIEWS

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
This just in: Golden Cherry pre-review
« Reply #80 on: 20 May 2016, 07:13 pm »
Digital amplification is often maligned for not being audiophile enough, and frequently hiding subtle variations that are at the heart of each different recording we cherish. As a recording engineer since 1980, it is paramount that my playback monitoring system be as transparent and uncolored as possible in order for me to do a great job capturing the moment completely. Up until recently, only the extremely expensive Mark Levinson number 53 from over 10 years ago lived up to my expectations. But thanks to Tommy O'Brien, his NEW Golden Cherry amplifiers are equally stunning in that they don't sound like anything at all but merely allow each recording's intrinsic qualities to come through as clear as the stars in the night sky. Against an amazingly black background with absolutely no noise or distortion being added, the Golden Cherry Maraschinos are my first choice in great sounding maintenance free amplification for the discerning Audiophile and recording engineer. And with the 30-day money back guarantee, you cannot miss trying out this terrific new addition to an already awesome family of products!

Jeremy Kipnis / CEO
Kipnis Studios & Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2017, 03:14 pm by AmpDesigner333 »

mfsoa

Re: MARASCHINO REVIEWS
« Reply #81 on: 20 May 2016, 09:03 pm »
Wow! :thumb:

OzarkTom

« Reply #82 on: 22 May 2016, 03:40 pm »
Transparency, that is one keyword I left out on the 30v power supply upgrade.  :duh:

These are the most transparent Class D amps that I have ever heard, by far.

Jeremy is 100% correct.

Freo-1

« Reply #83 on: 22 May 2016, 06:18 pm »
Have to admit that some of the most recent offerings in the Class D realm are outstanding performers.  While I have not had the opportunity to audition the Maraschino amps yet, I've been very impressed with the Primare A34.2 amps.  Running a pair in mono, they provide 550 watts of power @ 8 ohms.  I've owned a LOT of different amps over the years, and the Primare amps also provide the type of performance others in this thread rave about with the Maraschino amps.  The clarity, low level detail, and dynamics ALMOST make one feel like a live performance is going on. 

Although I've always been a tube guy, these latest Class D amps are mighty impressive. 

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #84 on: 23 May 2016, 08:31 pm »
email publisher@stereomojo.com and tell them you would like to see them review the marashinos.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2016, 01:59 am by marvda1 »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #85 on: 24 May 2016, 04:37 pm »
email publisher@stereomojo.com and tell them you would like to see them review the marashinos.
Actually, James said our review is next up!  A pair of KING Maraschinos were reviewed last year for Stereo Mojo.  So, I'd say "great idea!".

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: StereoMojo Maraschino Review
« Reply #87 on: 27 May 2016, 01:29 pm »
Check it out:
http://stereomojo.com/KINGMaraschinoCherryMonoBlocksreview/KINGMaraschinoCherryMonoBlocksreview.htm
Yes, we realize the REAL price is HALF of what appears in the article.  I sent James an email to let him know.  Thanks for reading Marvin's review!

OzarkTom

Re: StereoMojo Maraschino Review
« Reply #88 on: 27 May 2016, 05:14 pm »
Yes, we realize the REAL price is HALF of what appears in the article.  I sent James an email to let him know.  Thanks for reading Marvin's review!

Marvin won't believe his ears when he tries the 30v power supplies. :thumb:

pompon

« Reply #89 on: 1 Jun 2016, 02:42 am »
Any play to add a gain control on the amp ?
With multi-amp active setup it will be great!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #90 on: 9 Jun 2016, 07:31 pm »
Any play to add a gain control on the amp ?
With multi-amp active setup it will be great!
The STM has analog volume control, front and back inputs, and the same Maraschino circuitry for:
    - low frequencies without phase shift (flat to ZERO Hz)
    - low distortion
    - low noise
    - low output impedance

We are planning an early adopter special.

Please sign up for our newsletter if you're interested:
http://www.cherryamp.com/#!newsletter-signup/c11ru

Thanks.

mittg

« Reply #91 on: 10 Jun 2016, 12:25 am »
I am a very proud owner of a pair of Golden Cherry mono blocks . The last two weeks I have been a kid in a candy store. These amps deliver with any type of music. The bass is detailed with a punch. You can actually follow the impact and vibration across the drum head. The stage placement across my Maggie 3.6R's is 3D. There is depth as well as breadth. I did a live recording with a tascam HD recorder and some Behringer mic's. .When reproduced through the GC's the band was amazed at how good they sounded. It is as close to the live performance as I have ever reproduced. These are special amps! Really special. Gerry

Gerry M.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2016, 03:57 pm by mittg »

JohnR

« Reply #92 on: 10 Jun 2016, 01:40 pm »
Go to Gallery, then Manage My Albums, and click on the album containing the picture (possibly "Digital Amplifier Company") and then on the picture. Click the button "Rotate Left" twice.

mittg

« Reply #93 on: 10 Jun 2016, 03:56 pm »
Thank You

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #94 on: 10 Jun 2016, 05:15 pm »
Go to Gallery, then Manage My Albums, and click on the album containing the picture (possibly "Digital Amplifier Company") and then on the picture. Click the button "Rotate Left" twice.
Thanks, John!

pompon

« Reply #95 on: 12 Jun 2016, 04:42 am »
Is-it the "mint" we see in the kickstarter last year or it's a new product ?
The STM has analog volume control, front and back inputs, and the same Maraschino circuitry for:
    - low frequencies without phase shift (flat to ZERO Hz)
    - low distortion
    - low noise
    - low output impedance

We are planning an early adopter special.
Please sign up for our newsletter if you're interested
http://www.cherryamp.com/#!newsletter-signup/c11ru

Thanks.

jseipp

« Reply #96 on: 12 Jun 2016, 05:22 am »
Yes, I think "STM" is the abbreviation for the "Stereo Maraschino," previously know as the "Mint" from last year's Kickstarter. 

BTW, I use Maraschinos and really love the sound. :thumb:

SteveMiller

« Reply #97 on: 17 Jun 2016, 10:22 am »

Yes.  You are correct.  Mint was the development name for the Maraschino Integrated, which eventually grew into the STM, or Stereo Maraschino.

I'm absolutely thrilled with mine.  In fact STM has taken over duties from my 60v Maraschinos since it arrived a short time ago.  The thing that stands out to me about this product is the versatility.  The 1/8 front input is great for iPods, iPads, etc.  I also have a small Bluetooth receiver that allows for complete wireless operation once plugged in the front panel.  The XLR's around back are solid and high quality.  The 48v power supply sounds great.  I have defaulted to using one of my 60v supplies, because I like to stack things, and this makes a nice mini stack.  And the volume control on STM is very nice. Smooth and transparent.  But if you need more sources one day, or want to engage an active preamp, simply turn the STM volume fully open.  Since it's a passive pot setup, this basically bypasses the volume, and you have a great stereo amplifier.

The sound is everything that Tommy's other Maraschino's embody.   Fast, clean, full and organic sounding.  I absolutely feel there is nothing between me and my favourite music.  It's a ridiculously good deal.  For the price of a 48v version, there's nothing out there I have sampled in major brands up to 10k that is as well rounded and enjoyable.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
STMs available on limited basis
« Reply #98 on: 17 Jun 2016, 06:11 pm »
We're planning to make a newsletter announcement about this but it looks like we're almost allocated completely with our new build of STMs (Stereo Maraschino,  formerly known as MINT)!  That's just from customer inquiries.  The deal is $200 off our already discounted web prices. This is for the 48V as well as the 60V 1kW KING version!

The amp circuits are nearly identical to the monoblock Maraschino.  We have been receiving accolades for this design.  Sonic performance is on the level of super high end gear.  They are THAT good. Just ask anyone who owns one.

Let me know if you're interested. At this point, we expect to have all the new STMs sold by the end of June.

Thanks.

mittg

« Reply #99 on: 22 Jun 2016, 10:41 pm »

I am the owner of the first pair of Golden Cherry amplifiers from Digital Amplifier Company. Their appearance is stunning.The Gold on Black composite with a tiny red light on top to signal they are on, beautiful.. The XRL and binding posts are easy to work with as well as strong enough to last.
  I sold a pair of Quad ESL 57’s (all black and rebuilt completely) to a man named Art. I delivered and he inspect for a good  hour. He brought me next door. His friend was building amps. So I listened to some Apogee Slant 8’s driven by  prototype. I was amazed. That’s how I met Tommy O’Brian.That week I bought his amp. He has exceeded my expectations ever since. 
    System : 
Source : iMac with an Arius Bluetooth. I have Tommy’s DAC                                         
                DAC . But one thing at a time.
                OPPO BDP 83 SE. Blue Ray
  Pre-amp: Audio Mirror T-61 tube
  Speakers Magnepan 3.6R’s.  high connector supplied by maggie.

The web site for all the Golden Cherry specifications is http://www.cherryamp.com/#!golden-cherry-dtm/c1ibd

The Ahn Trio primarily consists of piano, Violin and Cello.  This makes it easy to listen to each instrument,placement,clarity or harshness of each note.  A very talented trio indeed and their “Lullaby for my Favorite Insomniac “ disc is well recorded. The piano is clear and each note has texture.The notes resonate and have  depth The Maggie’s eliminate the difficulty of crossover placement often found in cone box enclosed systems. What I am noticing with the violin is the softness of each slow elongated note. I can actually follow the bow hair across the strings tip to grip. There is no harshness. The Cello does the same. But what really impresses is the low end. There is feel a to the bass notes. They have power and are still very clear.
   I wanted to check the low end further so I put on “Orange Blossom Special” by Three Fervent Travelers. It starts out with an intro by a bass fiddle. Some very low notes. The strings are put to their limit. The vibration of each comes through clearly as low as the Maggies will go. Do to the quality of the signal the Maggies are clearer and seem to go lower than I remember with a few other amps.
  Time for some vocals. We start with a live performance of “What a Wonderful World” performed by Eva Cassidy”  The same recording I heard on Tommy O’s first amp thru his Slant 8’s. I enjoy her voice immensely so anything less than perfection in reproduction would irritate me. I am not disappointed. Her voice is presented consistently with strength,no cracking or harshness. “Spanish Harlem” performed by Rebecca Pigeon is a quality recording. The intro bass comes through soft but with a punch to each note. They do not just fade away but end. Her voice comes in then piano, guitar and maraca ’s. They all have placement in the sound stage. Each it’s own distinct sound. Very nicely reproduced.
   I roll through some Pink Floyd, U2, and Dead just to make sure these amps can put out. They ROCK!  “Welcome to the Machine”  is new once again. You can hear the piano bench creek clearly under Gegg Allman playing  “Bring it on Back”.
 So I have Judy listening to the 2nd version of “Lullaby for My favorite Insomniac”. Ok so this is the problem. Now that I have the Golden Cherry amps Judy says I need better speakers for these amps.Wow! Feed my addiction.
 I highly recommend the Digital Amplifier Golden Cherry amps. Beautiful to hear and to see. Sweet!

G. Mitt

« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2016, 08:19 pm by mittg »