Micro rendu setup

ebag4

Micro rendu setup
« on: 1 May 2016, 03:38 am »
Apologies if this has been posted.  For those of you in the know, is the setup of this similar to building a Mac Mini server or closer to the setup of an Auralic Aries from a complexity point of view?  What is the benefit over the Aries (other than being half the cost :lol:).

Thanks,
Ed

vonnie123

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
Re: Micro rendu setup
« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2016, 11:13 am »
Apologies if this has been posted.  For those of you in the know, is the setup of this similar to building a Mac Mini server or closer to the setup of an Auralic Aries from a complexity point of view?  What is the benefit over the Aries (other than being half the cost :lol:).

Thanks,
Ed

The connections are: 1. Ethernet cable, 2. USB cable, 3. power cable. From your browser you enter the unit's GUI and select the desired output mode. For example, you can select Roon output mode. That is pretty much it for most users.

You can find the manual towards the bottom of the products webpage: http://www.microrendu.sonore.us

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2016, 11:52 am »

Thanks,
Ed
It should be easier, point your browser to www.sonicorbiter.com and go.

In terms of benefits, the footprint is very small. Chris Connaker of Computer Audiophile summed up his sonic experience: "I can unequivocally say that with the microRendu in place, my audio system has never sounded better than right now.".

Sneak peak review http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/698-sonore-microrendu-review-part-1/

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2016, 11:57 am »

In terms of benefits, the footprint is very small. Chris Connaker of Computer Audiophile summed up his sonic experience: "I can unequivocally say that with the microRendu in place, my audio system has never sounded better than right now.".
I hope that proves to be the case. 

ebag4

« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2016, 05:00 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys.  I know some of you have had the Aries and have heard the microRendu, so this has piqued my interest.  The power supply is certainly a variable, for those of you that have heard the microRendu, has it only been on Vinnie's ultra capacitor power supply?

Thanks,
Ed

TomS

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2016, 07:10 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys.  I know some of you have had the Aries and have heard the microRendu, so this has piqued my interest.  The power supply is certainly a variable, for those of you that have heard the microRendu, has it only been on Vinnie's ultra capacitor power supply?

Thanks,
Ed
I've only heard it at the show in Vinnie's LIO setup with the ultra cap supply, so there was really nothing to compare it to for reference. That said, his rooms both sounded very, very good to me.

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2016, 07:45 pm »

Thanks,
Ed

How about the shortest possible signal path, a custom mother board, no display or noisy wifi, an open, flexible system,
and made in the USA?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 2 May 2016, 02:07 am »
Looks like I will have mine tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

I will be using it with Roon and either the DAC inside Vinnie Rossi's LIO or an Auralic Vega.

George

ebag4

« Reply #9 on: 2 May 2016, 02:19 am »
Thanks guys.

Looks like I will have mine tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

I will be using it with Roon and either the DAC inside Vinnie Rossi's LIO or an Auralic Vega.

George

George, there will be many of us very interested in your observations, both for the microRendu and comparisons you can make regarding the two DACs.  Does your LIO have the output power jack for the microRendu?

Best,
Ed

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 2 May 2016, 02:23 am »
Thanks guys.

George, there will be many of us very interested in your observations, both for the microRendu and comparisons you can make regarding the two DACs.  Does your LIO have the output power jack for the microRendu?

Best,
Ed

Ed,

The LIO doesn't yet have the power jack for the microRendu.  I will be using the IFi power supply until Vinnie can update my LIO.

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 2 May 2016, 02:25 am »
I'll be able to try the LIO and µRendu powered from the LIO as well as powered from my UpTone Audio JS-2.  Looking forward to it. 

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 2 May 2016, 02:34 am »
I'll be able to try the LIO and µRendu powered from the LIO as well as powered from my UpTone Audio JS-2.  Looking forward to it.

Should be an interesting comparison as there is quite a big price difference between them (~$400 vs. $900).

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 2 May 2016, 02:37 am »
Should be an interesting comparison as there is quite a big price difference between them (~$400 vs. $900).

George
No doubt. 

vonnie123

« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2016, 04:14 am »
I installed my microRendu this afternoon.  Simple installation, running it in Roon Ready mode.  Sounds good out of the box.....using the iFi power supply.   Should get better as it settles in.  Great solution from Sonore....