SOLD: HiFiman HE-500 Audiophile Headphone System

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
SOLD: HiFiman HE-500 Audiophile Headphone System
« on: 20 Sep 2014, 08:14 pm »
I put this fine headphone listening system together about a year ago.  My desire was to have a great sounding headphone rig for listening to music late at night so I wouldn't disturb my wife.  After doing a lot of research I decided to go with the HiFiman HE-500 with an Emotiva a100 Mini-X 50 watt desktop amp.  This is not too much amp for the HE-500 and would also give me the option of upgrading to the HE-6 if I was so inclined.  I added a M2Tech HiFace USB DAC so I could use J-River Media Center and my computer as a source, which I also use for my loudspeaker set up.

Well, here it is a year later and I doubt I have put 30 hours of listening time on this system.  It turns out that I don't listen to music late at light as often as I thought, and my wife told me that even though I listen at loud levels it really doesn't bother her when I am playing music on my speakers at night.  So this rig has been collecting dust for a while.  The last time I listened to it was 8 months ago.  Since I have nearly $1600 invested I feel it is time to sell it off and get a portion of my money back.

The system includes the following:

HiFiman HE-500 headphones (original box and cable with extra ear pads are included)
Moon Audio Black Dragon 2 audiophile headphone cable (the cable is 10' long and terminates with a 4-pin XLR stereo connection.  An extension cable converts 4-pin XLR to speaker connections terminated with banana plugs)
M2Tech HiFace USB DAC - This is a high quality DAC that supports up to 32bit/384KHz PCM digital audio.  It does not support DSD.
Audioquest 1/8" stereo to RCA stereo cable
Emotiva A100 Mini-X 50 watt desktop stereo amplifier.
USB extension cable

All you need to do is add your PC and media player of choice and you are ready to go.  If you have your own source and don't need a DAC then let me know I will work with you on pricing.

As I said, I have nearly $1,600 invested in this system.  My asking price is $775 shipped via ground service with insurance to addresses in the lower 48 states.  I only accept PayPal as payment.  The equipment will ship from zip code 06234.

I will consider splitting this system up but prefer to sell it as a complete system.  The Moon Audio cable and the HiFiman HE-500 phones will be sold together.

Contact me if you have any questions.

--Jerome
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2014, 04:08 pm by jsaliga »

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
SOLD: FS: HiFiman HE-500 Audiophile Headphone System
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2014, 04:07 pm »
The system has been sold to someone local to me.  Thanks to all who expressed interest.

--Jerome