Wagner's dream

saisunil

Wagner's dream
« on: 19 Jul 2012, 03:26 am »

boisty

Re: Wagner's dream
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2012, 06:39 pm »
Just came from a viewing.  I thought it was exceptional.  Not to be missed if you have a chance to see it.

Boisty

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2012, 06:59 pm »
In theaters?  How do I find a schedule/location?

boisty

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2012, 07:08 pm »
Only in NYC at this time if I'm not mistaken......

http://wagnersdream.metoperafamily.org/filmmakers.html

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2012, 07:28 pm »
Too bad.  I'm gonna be near Bayreuth in August, and just saw the ticket prices!    :o :o :o

boisty

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2012, 07:46 pm »
If you can swing it just go and scratch it off your to do list.  I saw Tristan there last year.  It cost me an arm and a leg but I'll never regret it.  It is very expensive, there is no air-conditioning, and the seats are intolerable but its a wonderful experience. 

Boisty

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2012, 07:49 pm »
I just might.  What's the dress code?  The odds of finding a ticket at the window?

Drove past the place some 30 years ago, and it's stuck in my memory since then.

boisty

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2012, 07:57 pm »
Everyone was in formal attire.  The chances of getting a ticket at the window are pretty much zero.  I had secured mine months in advance.  However some guests in my hotel managed to get some from the concierge on the day of the performance.  I don't know how common or rare that is though. 

boisty

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2012, 07:59 pm »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2012, 08:47 pm »
Everyone was in formal attire.  The chances of getting a ticket at the window are pretty much zero.  I had secured mine months in advance.  However some guests in my hotel managed to get some from the concierge on the day of the performance.  I don't know how common or rare that is though.

Crap!  I won't even have a tie on this trip!    :(

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #10 on: 3 Aug 2012, 01:06 pm »
You should do it if you are in the area.  It's on my list of things to do before I die.  When we went to Italy I made it a point to catch a performance at La Scala -- not cheap but definitely worth the experience.  I packed a suit just for it.  My one white dress shirt got ruined so I had to shop in Milan.  Not a hard thing to do. :lol: