vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: Bryston's new speaker cable
« Reply #100 on: 22 Dec 2010, 12:13 am »
Cool!

1ZIP

« Reply #101 on: 22 Dec 2010, 01:06 am »
The more I read about it, the more I wanna get the BRYSTON speaker cable.

Why don't you, treat yourself...it's Christmas!

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #102 on: 22 Dec 2010, 09:30 am »
Why don't you, treat yourself...it's Christmas!

Good idea. I hope to have the money soon. So, it won't be until after Xmas.

1ZIP

« Reply #103 on: 30 Dec 2010, 08:48 pm »
Ordered a pair of the speaker cables today.  Those and the Torus CS-15 should arrive in two weeks.  That will make one complete Bryston system.

drummermitchell

« Reply #104 on: 31 Dec 2010, 02:59 am »
Called in for my 8ft.pair Bryston SC's today,6footers are on the block.

robb

« Reply #105 on: 31 Dec 2010, 04:14 am »
Does anybody ever measure group delay or phase anymore?. Seems to me that keeping the arrival time of various frequencies the same from the amplifier end to the speaker end would be of utmost importance in preserving the spatial and timing cues of the original recording.

rob 

95Dyna

« Reply #106 on: 31 Dec 2010, 08:19 pm »
Great system -  :thumb:  Please let us know how it sounds when you get it all together.

james

+1 bjski.  I'm especially interested in your review of the Legacy Focus SE's.  I have the 7B2's so you don't have to sell me on those.

bjski

« Reply #107 on: 3 Jan 2011, 02:41 pm »
The Foucus SE Is a very good speaker for the money. The first thing that grab me was it had more detail than my Infinity Epsilon IRS. The bass wasn't as strong as my Infinity's but the longer I listen to them I realized the bass was more controlled than my Infinity's and acually went deeper.The Infinity's had a little more boom which might be the bass servo control. The Focus SE also has a wider sound stage.I beleive they need at least 200 hours of break in and I have about 60. Buid quality is first rate! Their customer support is on the order of Bryston. Fedex frieght broke a grill cover and Legacy sent me a new grill immediately. They also offer 30 day auditioning and a 7 year warranty.

Of course this excellent sound might have to do with my new 7BSST/2. I did not listen to them with my other Bryston's,4b,4bst and 4BSST/2. The Foucus are 95 db at 4 ohms so the 7'S run cool at loud volume levels. I have not swapped out speaker cable I'm just using the new Bryston.

Hey James,why don't you make a CD transport only. I think my Theta is starting to die which is connected to a BDA-1.

Levi

« Reply #108 on: 3 Jan 2011, 03:36 pm »
Congrats!  How do you like the tube preamp? 

The Foucus SE Is a very good speaker for the money. The first thing that grab me was it had more detail than my Infinity Epsilon IRS. The bass wasn't as strong as my Infinity's but the longer I listen to them I realized the bass was more controlled than my Infinity's and acually went deeper.The Infinity's had a little more boom which might be the bass servo control. The Focus SE also has a wider sound stage.I beleive they need at least 200 hours of break in and I have about 60. Buid quality is first rate! Their customer support is on the order of Bryston. Fedex frieght broke a grill cover and Legacy sent me a new grill immediately. They also offer 30 day auditioning and a 7 year warranty.

Of course this excellent sound might have to do with my new 7BSST/2. I did not listen to them with my other Bryston's,4b,4bst and 4BSST/2. The Foucus are 95 db at 4 ohms so the 7'S run cool at loud volume levels. I have not swapped out speaker cable I'm just using the new Bryston.

Hey James,why don't you make a CD transport only. I think my Theta is starting to die which is connected to a BDA-1.