Request for Customer Support Help for NuforceBob

tom n.

Request for Customer Support Help for NuforceBob
« on: 19 Nov 2014, 02:40 pm »
Keying off of another CS related thread here.

I purchased an MCA-18 direct from NuForce (via Amazon) back in September.  About a 6 weeks later the it failed literally with very loud bang (judging from the noise, I suspect an failed capacitor in the power supply).  A support ticket was submitted, and I got an RMA and the unit was shipped back.  I did get an email from the "Receiving Department" that the amp had arrived.  Since then, all of my emails requesting updates on the status of the repair/replacement has gone unanswered.

Timeline is as follows:
October 21: RMA issued
October 28: Amp received at Nuforce (according to FedEx)
October 31: First follow up email (no response)
November 3: Acknowledgement of receipt of amp (from "Receiving Department")
November3: Follow up email clarifying nature of service request (no response)
November 11: Email requesting follow up (no response)
November 18: Email requesting follow up (no response)

Any help you can provide in giving me the status of the repairs would be much appreciated.

(And I would be happy to post a follow up post once the issue has been resolved.)

Thanks

stu

Re: Request for Customer Support Help for NuforceBob
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2014, 03:19 pm »
Tom,
Your time line and experience is almost identical to mine regarding my AVP-18. Last email I sent requesting info was done this week, and still no response. Unit was sent in early October. There is no way to call and talk to anyone that I can see. I would like t know what is going on with my unit.
Thanks,
Mark

Phil A

stu

« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2014, 02:36 pm »
No, it specifically says the numbers cannot be used for service info, so I have not tried. I will give it a shot next week though. This is ridiculous.
Mark

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2014, 02:48 pm »
No, it specifically says the numbers cannot be used for service info, so I have not tried. I will give it a shot next week though. This is ridiculous.
Mark

Yes - it is never good when someone posts like this just trying to get help with a service issue (and I'm not talking about those few who feel this type of forum is a good place to bash someone publicly after the fact for what they believe is less than perfect service - those type of issues are best resolved with the BBB or with State Consumer Protection authorities and those are people in my mind to avoid doing deals with) as it leads one to conclude (including me) that it might be a product to be hesitant about buying.  Not that long ago I sold a 3-channel amp (basically for the center and surrounds in an A/V system with a two channel preamp with HT Bypass) in favor of a monoblock (just wanted a good light in weight amp) for the center and one of the considerations was Nuforc but I had seen stuff similar to this and it gave me pause so I went with something else.  The thing that separates good companies from the pack is service.  Everything ever made with break.  It's how you handle those mishaps that separate the good ones from the bad ones.