ModWright Transporter Tube Rolling Thread.....!

Bigfish

Re: ModWright Transporter Tube Rolling Thread.....!
« Reply #40 on: 8 Jun 2008, 06:32 pm »
Dan's email response to my same question:
"Sure, the 1A (fast blo 'FB') fuse sees AC that powers the digital circuitry"

Guys:

Is the 1A FB fuse also 5X20mm?

Thanks,

Ken

rydenfan

« Reply #41 on: 9 Jun 2008, 04:15 pm »
Dan's email response to my same question:
"Sure, the 1A (fast blo 'FB') fuse sees AC that powers the digital circuitry"

Guys:

Is the 1A FB fuse also 5X20mm?

Thanks,

Ken

Yes it is.

rydenfan

« Reply #42 on: 9 Jun 2008, 04:18 pm »
Well, thanks to Phil  :evil: I got ordered 3 hifi tuning fuses  :duh: I ordered the 1A fast blow for the digital section of the TP, and 2 3.15A slow blow fuses (one for the TP and one for my 36.5). I will report back...

rydenfan

« Reply #43 on: 9 Jun 2008, 06:12 pm »
So, has anyone tried a GZ37 yet? This seems like a hard to find tube.

Philistine

« Reply #44 on: 9 Jun 2008, 11:29 pm »
Well, thanks to Phil  :evil: I got ordered 3 hifi tuning fuses  :duh: I ordered the 1A fast blow for the digital section of the TP, and 2 3.15A slow blow fuses (one for the TP and one for my 36.5). I will report back...

Well I guess we're even David, you got me off the the 6H30DR's  :o
Just picked up a 5AR5/GXZ34 to try with the 6H30's - this will be the last :duh: So far sounds good, looks like my rectifier tube will be this or a GZ32.
The unused tubes will be my kids inheritance - when they realize that I'm blowing their future payout on tubes etc maybe they'll want to take out a conservatorship order  :?

yo2tup

« Reply #45 on: 9 Jun 2008, 11:55 pm »
Do GZ33's work with this?

Bigfish

« Reply #46 on: 10 Jun 2008, 12:36 am »
David:

Thank you!  I plan to order a 1 amp fast blow and 3.15 amp slo blow HIFI Tuning fuses tomorrow!

Ken

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #47 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:14 am »
It's really Phil's fault about all this fuse business.. :) ..but David and I are right behind him.  I use HiFi Tuning fuses in my ac mains portion of my McCormack DNA-500 (it ultimately will take 13 of them!!) and love the added air and overall ease (after about 200 hrs).  I've got the TP fuses (3.15A and 1A) arriving trmw or Wed, and will likely follow that up with three for my Dual mono 36.5.   a soon as we get some breka-in we'll report back.

This is getting too weird.  Outlet covers next?   :D

rydenfan

« Reply #48 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:35 am »
It's really Phil's fault about all this fuse business.. :) ..but David and I are right behind him.  I use HiFi Tuning fuses in my ac mains portion of my McCormack DNA-500 (it ultimately will take 13 of them!!) and love the added air and overall ease (after about 200 hrs).  I've got the TP fuses (3.15A and 1A) arriving trmw or Wed, and will likely follow that up with three for my Dual mono 36.5.   a soon as we get some breka-in we'll report back.

This is getting too weird.  Outlet covers next?   :D

We are really trying to squeeze every ounce of performance out, aren't we?  :lol: At least when you are dealing with this sort of minutia you are pretty pleased with the overall sonic signature of your system  :wine:

Ted, maybe we should switch amps before we have to put $400 in fuses in them...  :wink:

Bigfish

« Reply #49 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:43 am »

We are really trying to squeeze every ounce of performance out, aren't we?  :lol: At least when you are dealing with this sort of minutia you are pretty pleased with the overall sonic signature of your system  :wine:

Ted, maybe we should switch amps before we have to put $400 in fuses in them...  :wink:

I think you guys should be negoiating a volume discount! :lol:

Philistine

« Reply #50 on: 10 Jun 2008, 02:57 am »
If you guys start talking about clocks/watches/telephone calls/pebbles - you're on your own, I'm out of here :lol:

Bigfish

« Reply #51 on: 10 Jun 2008, 02:13 pm »
If you guys start talking about clocks/watches/telephone calls/pebbles - you're on your own, I'm out of here :lol:

I want to thank Phil for the lead on Parts Connexion having the 6N30DP-DRs.  They still have matched pairs in stock as I just placed an order!

Ken

IronLion

« Reply #52 on: 10 Jun 2008, 02:18 pm »

I want to thank Phil for the lead on Parts Connexion having the 6N30DP-DRs.  They still have matched pairs in stock as I just placed an order!

Ken

Ken, is this the SKU of the tubes you ordered?  CRYO-     67168     

Philistine

« Reply #53 on: 10 Jun 2008, 03:03 pm »

Ken

Thanks Ken - I can't take the kudos for this, it was the CEO (Ted) that found these.  I'll just take the kudos for the fuses (if they work), and if they don't work the pizzas are on me.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2008, 05:28 pm by Philistine »

Philistine

« Reply #54 on: 10 Jun 2008, 03:04 pm »

Ken

The SKU is NOS-68615

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #55 on: 10 Jun 2008, 03:05 pm »

Ken

No.  They are not the cry'd regulars, they are the Reflektor DR matched pairs.  SKU is NOS-68615 matched, found on the second tab on the bottom.
Edit:  Phil beat me to it.  I want to leave this post as is, though, cuz many think the more expensive Pearl cryo'd versions are the ones....they aren't.  Don't waste that money on cryoing the lesser PI/EB versions IMO.

rydenfan

« Reply #56 on: 10 Jun 2008, 03:21 pm »
So, has anyone tried a GZ37 yet? This seems like a hard to find tube.

I am only re-posting as I am very interested in the GZ37. Does anyone have any experience with this tube in the TP???

JG2

« Reply #57 on: 10 Jun 2008, 04:00 pm »
David,

There is a 'Buy it Now' offering for a Mullard GZ37 on E-Bay UK. I have bought tubes from this seller and got what he advertised. It looks like he had 14 and 1 may be left. At 37 pounds it appears to be selling less than the going rate in the US. These were made in the UK so why not buy from the country of origin.

No affiliation with the seller and I have not tried the GZ37 variant in a TP or 36.5.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=320216201525&Category=39997&_trksid=p3907.m29

Bigfish

« Reply #58 on: 10 Jun 2008, 10:16 pm »

Ken

Thanks Ken - I can't take the kudos for this, it was the CEO (Ted) that found these.  I'll just take the kudos for the fuses (if they work), and if they don't work the pizzas are on me.

Mr CEO Ted:

Let me correctly thank you for the lead I obtained through Phil to contact Parts Connexion for the DRs.  I found them to be very nice on the phone, immediately sent a confirming e-mail for me to verify that the order was correct and have already shipped.  I am looking forward to receiving the tubes and the fuses and mostly to having more time to listen to music.

Thanks Again,

Ken

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #59 on: 10 Jun 2008, 10:19 pm »

Ken

Mr CEO Ted:

Let me correctly thank you for the lead I obtained through Phil to contact Parts Connexion for the DRs.  I found them to be very nice on the phone, immediately sent a confirming e-mail for me to verify that the order was correct and have already shipped.  I am looking forward to receiving the tubes and the fuses and mostly to having more time to listen to music.

Thanks Again,

Ken

Oh stop it.  :lol:  I'm President, not CEO (Dan is the CEO in this analogy, right?).   :D

Your welcome....please please give us feedback on the DR's after a couple days settling in.  I'm waiting for a bad or average review....and assuming it won't be yours!! :thumb: