Killing Them Softly/ Netflix

stlrman

Killing Them Softly/ Netflix
« on: 27 Dec 2014, 11:20 pm »
My wife and I both really enjoyed this movie!! Sure it's a bit slow at times, but the acting is first rate, some amazing cinematography, and  a lot  of great suspense. Brad Pitt, Ray Liotta, James Gandolfini.
The wife and I agreed to a 3.8 out of 5.
75% of critics liked it , only 44% of regular folk.  I agree with the critics, this was well done. IMHO
Hey, it's streaming for free.

wushuliu

Re: Killing Them Softly/ Netflix
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2014, 11:39 pm »
My wife and I both really enjoyed this movie!! Sure it's a bit slow at times, but the acting is first rate, some amazing cinematography, and  a lot  of great suspense. Brad Pitt, Ray Liotta, James Gandolfini.
The wife and I agreed to a 3.8 out of 5.
75% of critics liked it , only 44% of regular folk.  I agree with the critics, this was well done. IMHO
Hey, it's streaming for free.

Haven't seen it yet but the director also did The Assassination of Jesse James, also starring Pitt and that is hands down some of the best cinematography in recent memory.

stlrman

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2014, 09:52 pm »
Thanks Wushulia, I put this on the to see list

vortrex

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2014, 02:47 am »
Wow, different opinions I guess.  I saw this in the theater and wanted to leave.  I thought it was some of the worst acting I've ever seen.  I think there's a good reason why it was not a hit.

persisting1

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2015, 09:03 pm »
Haven't seen it yet but the director also did The Assassination of Jesse James, also starring Pitt and that is hands down some of the best cinematography in recent memory.

Killing Them Softly is a good film  :thumb:

The Assassination of Jesse James needs its own thread. I'd have to say it's one of my favorite films to come out in a while. I also consider it one of the better Westerns made. More people should see it. 

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2015, 12:40 pm »
Agree with those who liked Killing them Softly...reviews were mixed, but I felt it was a solid effort. Assassination of Jesse James is usually the example I give for a "deliberately paced" film that many refer to as boring, whereas I thought it was excellent. I didn't find a single minute of it boring in the slightest.