« Reply #40 on: 7 May 2016, 08:54 pm »

another new direction :D

Bryston is ---E-X-P-A-N-D-I-N-G---

very exciting what products will follow :thumb:

al.

Silverbullet

Re: BryFi
« Reply #41 on: 8 May 2016, 12:34 am »
Great that you can sync the new unit(s), the question is can you sync with an existing BDP1or2 and will the software be able to control a BDP2. The best thing about SONOS is the control app, it's the best and has been for years. The BDP software is the pits, full of holes and generally buggy. I have both SONOS (hardly used as lack of hires support) and a BDP2 which I find frustrating.

bacmsl

« Reply #42 on: 8 May 2016, 03:46 pm »
Will Bryston make a powered 120 VAC wired version? Because I read in one of the posts that one or two batteries last 8 - 12 hours.

Barry

1ZIP

« Reply #43 on: 8 May 2016, 09:30 pm »
Batteries..???  Portable..??  This thing is becoming less attractive.  Beginning to sound like the WIFI equivalent of the old "Boom" box.  This can't be right??

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #44 on: 8 May 2016, 09:58 pm »
Hi

Yes it comes with an external wallwart power supply so it can be used either way.

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #45 on: 11 May 2016, 03:54 pm »
Some shots of my unit at home.

james

Marius

« Reply #46 on: 11 May 2016, 04:01 pm »
Cool James,

Looks much better than the other day! Cant wait to test it really, exactly what I've been wanting.
Please don't tell me the LAN port is on the front panel.... ?

Cheers,
Marius

Some shots of my unit at home.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #47 on: 11 May 2016, 04:13 pm »
Yes it is behind the door on the front panel but I assume most will use it wirelessly. You can also run the Ethernet cable undernieth the unit and connected it so it's hidden if you want.

James

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #48 on: 11 May 2016, 04:25 pm »
Is that a rear port or a handle? (both?)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #49 on: 11 May 2016, 04:45 pm »
Is that a rear port or a handle? (both?)

Hi

Both :thumb:

james

Marius

« Reply #50 on: 11 May 2016, 06:03 pm »
Yes it is behind the door on the front panel but I assume most will use it wirelessly. You can also run the Ethernet cable undernieth the unit and connected it so it's hidden if you want.

James

underneath? is there a second Lan port? or do you mean underneath to the front, and with the lid open?
it should really be on the back James, room enough to judge by the image.

Cheers,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #51 on: 11 May 2016, 06:32 pm »

underneath? is there a second Lan port? or do you mean underneath to the front, and with the lid open?
it should really be on the back James, room enough to judge by the image.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi

It can not be on the back as it is part of the Raspberry Pi circuit board

james

Marius

« Reply #52 on: 11 May 2016, 06:58 pm »
Hi

It can not be on the back as it is part of the Raspberry Pi circuit board

james

Surely there's ways to add an extra port?

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #53 on: 11 May 2016, 09:05 pm »
Yeah, I don't see the value of the ethernet port in the front either.

Marius

« Reply #54 on: 11 May 2016, 09:25 pm »
believe it is an industry first ;)
taken into account the BryFi has been in development for 2 years, i wonder what the engineers have been thinking  :scratch:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #55 on: 11 May 2016, 10:43 pm »

There really wasn't much of a choice it was that or both the ethernet and usb ports end up on the back, whats more of an inconvenience ethernet on the front or usb ports on the back?

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #56 on: 11 May 2016, 11:17 pm »
I'd rather have USB on the front.

Didn't realize it was all on-board ports.

Well, if it has wifi it won't make much difference anyway. :)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #57 on: 11 May 2016, 11:25 pm »
I'd rather have USB on the front.

Didn't realize it was all on-board ports.

Well, if it has wifi it won't make much difference anyway. :)

Hi

Thats my point - I have had mine now for a week and listen to everything wirelessly.

james

Marius

« Reply #58 on: 12 May 2016, 05:44 am »
HI Chris, James,
Honestly, i am a bit baffled by your philosophy. 
There's plenty of extras to be clicked on the Raspberry board. If  an extra ethernet port wasn't an option, maybe you could have made an extra set of usb ports, just like on the BDP, and flip the board. Bryston has a complete opposite position on the BDP1/2, developing from 2 to 4 usb ports on the back, next to the Lan.

There really shouldn't be an either this or that with these kind of premium products.

How come you let the design specifics of a small board of about 35 $, set the design principles of a new premium Bryston product. Which probably won't be priced south of 1000$.
Beach- and party-users might not need the Lan, moving around, but office and living room users might very well do. I for one belong to the latter, always preferring a wired connection, especially playing the hires files i would you this product for over the home network.

Well, i guess this isn't a prototype anymore... all in all it seems a wonderful product, wishing you the best of succes with it.
Cheers,
Marius

There really wasn't much of a choice it was that or both the ethernet and usb ports end up on the back, whats more of an inconvenience ethernet on the front or usb ports on the back?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #59 on: 12 May 2016, 12:28 pm »
HI Chris, James,
Honestly, i am a bit baffled by your philosophy. 
There's plenty of extras to be clicked on the Raspberry board. If  an extra ethernet port wasn't an option, maybe you could have made an extra set of usb ports, just like on the BDP, and flip the board. Bryston has a complete opposite position on the BDP1/2, developing from 2 to 4 usb ports on the back, next to the Lan.

There really shouldn't be an either this or that with these kind of premium products.

How come you let the design specifics of a small board of about 35 $, set the design principles of a new premium Bryston product. Which probably won't be priced south of 1000$.
Beach- and party-users might not need the Lan, moving around, but office and living room users might very well do. I for one belong to the latter, always preferring a wired connection, especially playing the hires files i would you this product for over the home network.

Well, i guess this isn't a prototype anymore... all in all it seems a wonderful product, wishing you the best of succes with it.
Cheers,
Marius

Sorry but the Pi board doesn't work that way, it's Broadcom chip has one USB bus that is attached to a four port USB hub/100mb Ethernet adapter ic and the io is already mounted to the board.  There isn't an spi or i2c bus fast enough on its GPIO for anything else.