Standesign video rack on wheels

Starchild

• Free your mind and your behind will follow!
Standesign video rack on wheels
« on: 13 Oct 2016, 03:07 pm »
Hi Steve,

I have a Standesign video rack on wheels.  What do you recommend as effective Rack Decoupling/Isolation?  I'm thinking I probably need to replace with studded gliders but I'm not sure.  Secondly, I have a couple of racks that are spiked.  Do you recommend using the Spike Decoupling Glider or should I replace the spikes with studded gliders?  I'm using your regular studded gliders in place of footers under my 85 lb speakers and they huge improvement.  Thanks for your great products!!

Mike

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Standesign video rack on wheels
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2016, 10:04 pm »
For the Standesign rack on wheels, Giant Threaded Stud Gliders in place of the wheels should do very well. For the other racks, either Giant Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders under the existing spikes or Giant Threaded Stud Gliders in place of spikes altogether (regular versions instead of Giants would suffice if the racks with equipment are not too heavy). If easier mobility of the racks is not an issue and if on a bare uncarpeted floor, a Fat Grounding Base under each of the spikes will do superbly, providing the same excellent isolation/decoupling but without the "glider" ability.

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/spkrfeet.htm#giantgl
http://herbiesaudiolab.net/base.htm#base

Steve Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab

Starchild

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2016, 11:19 am »
Steve,

Thanks for your guidance.

Mike

Starchild

« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2016, 02:56 pm »
Steve,

I installed a set of your Giant Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders under my amp stand.  Frankly, I was flabbergasted by the difference.  Improvements in bass reproduction, sound staging, imaging and midrange clarity were abundant.  This definitely exceed my expectations.  I'll be ordering a set of the Giant Threaded Stud Gliders next. 

Thanks,
Mike