UberBuss verses ?

jhm731

UberBuss verses ?
« on: 30 Apr 2015, 07:35 pm »
UberBuss owners, what did you compare it to and what if anything did it replace?

dpatters

Re: UberBuss verses ?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2015, 07:55 pm »
I had Furman Elite 15 with source components all plugged into it with mono blocks plugged into wall.

I added Uber, plugged Furman into it, plugged amps into Uber.  Totally lowered noise floor to the point I can stick my ear right to
the tweeter and it is dead silent.  No loss in dynamics with amps plugged into Uber.

Couldn't be happier.

Don P.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2015, 08:56 pm »
I didnt compare my UberBUSS to any other power conditioner. I just dove right in. There was a huge improvement for me. I went from hearing a hissing in the background to an inky black silence with the UberBUSS.

The UberBUSS at half the price of 'similar' brick& mortar store conditioners was an easy choice for me. I highly recommend it.

Michael

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2015, 10:23 pm »
My Uber's knocked the Audio Magic conditioners to the curb.  The AM did some stuff very well but collapsed the music.  I found that the Uber lowered the noise floor but didn't muck up the music.   :thumb:   

DaveBSC

« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2015, 10:27 pm »
The majority of power conditioners on the market either give you something like one of these two for the price of an Uber, neither of which is very effective. There are only a select few that I think have any shot of outperforming an Uber, and you can expect to pay A LOT more money for them. The latest Audience AR6-TSSD for example I think is something like $6K.

Yes the cases of many of them really are that empty, and the markup, yikes.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2015, 11:12 pm »
The majority of power conditioners on the market either give you something like one of these two for the price of an Uber, neither of which is very effective. There are only a select few that I think have any shot of outperforming an Uber, and you can expect to pay A LOT more money for them. The latest Audience AR6-TSSD for example I think is something like $6K.

Yes the cases of many of them really are that empty, and the markup, yikes.

Dave,

Great find with the 'Hifi Shock' website. You are right, much of the high end power conditioners are modified "Felix" type filters in extremely nice enclosures.

So far, I'm sticking with my Uber.

Best,
Anand.

Early B.

« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2015, 11:16 pm »
I had a tricked out BPT CPC with transformer. No comparison at all with the Uber.

jhm731

« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2015, 11:37 pm »
Mahalo for all the feedback.

DaveBSC,

That's an old picture of the Shunyata, here's the inside of the new TRITON v2:

And yes, the Audience aR6-TSS with a Au24SE PC is one of the products I'm looking at.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2015, 01:12 am »
There are power conditioners, then there is the UberBUSS. I have tried most of them, and this one works very damn good without any detriment. I actually have increased dynamics using the UberBUSS in my system. There is nothing like it.

jriggy

« Reply #9 on: 1 May 2015, 02:21 am »
Previously used a Furman Elite 15,  Bybee Wire Pure Power V2 and  Running Spring Audio Dmitri... Have had an special PI/TWL Uber (w/ TWL internal wire), made to benefit Gary Dodd. I now use it in conjunction with a Furman SPR 20i for voltage regulation and the combo is very very good.

DaveBSC

« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2015, 06:38 am »
Mahalo for all the feedback.

DaveBSC,

That's an old picture of the Shunyata, here's the inside of the new TRITON v2:

So I see, it appears that Shunyata has discontinued all of their lower cost stuff. The Triton V2 by the way is $7,000. Not exactly in the same price class as the Uber. If you add the second Typhon box, the two together are $13,000. That's getting a bit silly for power conditioning, unless the rest of your system is $100K+.

The Audience AR Teflon units are VERY good, but they are also very expensive. The regular Auricap versions I don't think are that spectacular.

jhm731

« Reply #11 on: 1 May 2015, 07:04 am »
So I see, it appears that Shunyata has discontinued all of their lower cost stuff. The Triton V2 by the way is $7,000. Not exactly in the same price class as the Uber. If you add the second Typhon box, the two together are $13,000. That's getting a bit silly for power conditioning, unless the rest of your system is $100K+.

The Audience AR Teflon units are VERY good, but they are also very expensive. The regular Auricap versions I don't think are that spectacular.

Yes, the Shunyaya and Audience PLCs cost alot more than the Uber, but I have a chance to pick up a Triton V1(don't need the Typhon) or a aR6TSS at a good price.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #12 on: 1 May 2015, 01:06 pm »
What is the Shunyata coffee can of stuff supposed to do?

ACHiPo

« Reply #13 on: 1 May 2015, 01:22 pm »
What is the Shunyata coffee can of stuff supposed to do?
i was wondering the same thing.  Maybe a neutrino sink?  :lol:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #14 on: 1 May 2015, 01:57 pm »
My Uber's knocked the Audio Magic conditioners to the curb.  The AM did some stuff very well but collapsed the music.  I found that the Uber lowered the noise floor but didn't muck up the music.   :thumb:

Hey Jason, just to counter that to make sure that everyone realizes your instance is not everyone's experience with AM gear.  No limitations whatsoever, in fact, mine really opens up the sound and reduces noise.  Dave always busts my chops for being one of the customers who returned a unit to him.  But we still love each other! Dave makes a really good product as others have stated for less than stratospheric prices.

Hope to see you guys this fall.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 1 May 2015, 10:22 pm »
Hey Jason, just to counter that to make sure that everyone realizes your instance is not everyone's experience with AM gear.  No limitations whatsoever, in fact, mine really opens up the sound and reduces noise.  Dave always busts my chops for being one of the customers who returned a unit to him.  But we still love each other! Dave makes a really good product as others have stated for less than stratospheric prices.

Hope to see you guys this fall.
Yes, of course, that is MY experience.  Nothing I say in this hobby would I ever expect anyone to believe nor would I expect them to have the same result.  However, I can say objectively that the Uber is doing what it's supposed to do.   :D 

Audio Magic (Jerry) is the coolest masseuse I know though.   ;)

Hope to be at RMAF15. 

ACHiPo

« Reply #16 on: 1 May 2015, 11:00 pm »
I didnt compare my UberBUSS to any other power conditioner. I just dove right in. There was a huge improvement for me. I went from hearing a hissing in the background to an inky black silence with the UberBUSS.

The UberBUSS at half the price of 'similar' brick& mortar store conditioners was an easy choice for me. I highly recommend it.

Michael
Michael,
What do you have plugged into the Uberbuss?
It's not clear from other posters whether the benefit is on the front end, amps, or both.
Thanks,
AC

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #17 on: 2 May 2015, 12:15 am »
Howdy, Achipo.

Let's see...my amp, preamp, TT, SqueezeBox Touch, and my DAC  are all plugged into my UberBUSS. The UberBUSS is plugged into an upgraded duplex receptacle. 

I've had this for more than a year now, I guess. I'll get a MiniBUSS for my stay in Taiwan later this year. [Hi, Dave. I know you're reading this.]

Michael

jhm731

« Reply #18 on: 4 May 2015, 09:09 pm »
Once again, Mahalo for all the feedback.

Since my AC line voltage has been run low, I've decided to try a PS Audio P5.

nkbg

« Reply #19 on: 17 May 2015, 11:20 pm »
Replaced a RSA Jaco and came very close to a Bybee Stealth. Given the value proposition I went with the Uber over the Stealth.