Here is a great deal from an old friend...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Here is a great deal from an old friend...
« on: 12 Dec 2014, 12:57 am »
well, maybe not that "old", but... well... you get it.

I built arthurs some interesting Ubers some years ago.. They were the first ones to have new spec FinalFilters in them and the power cables are prototype Mongos... same as I build now, just custom hardwired lengths.

Very few used BUSSes show up, so I though you all ought to give them a looksee:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=130657.0

As always, these are 100% warrantied.

arthurs

Re: Here is a great deal from an old friend...
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2014, 12:58 am »
Thanks Dave, I feel very old.... :lol:

Early B.

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2014, 02:29 am »
Listened again tonight. The "UberPLUS MiniBUSS" is providing outrageously good bass. I'm using a GR Research OB servo sub and it sounds phenomenal.

InfernoSTi

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2015, 11:13 pm »
Art,

Not sure if number two is still up for sale but if it is, I'm intersted.  PM sent...

John

InfernoSTi

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2015, 04:44 am »
I'm looking forward to joining the Pi Audio family with my first Uber! 

John

Captainhemo

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2015, 09:55 pm »
I can only imagine you're in for a real treat John.  I've got the mini and  it pretty much schocked me.   I'l lbe hearing  a system with a Uber soon for the first time as my buddy   has one coming  .

Enjoy !!

-jay

Early B.

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2015, 10:23 pm »
Congrats, John. The Uber you purchased is very special. I'm anxious to hear your initial impressions once you get it.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2015, 12:14 am »
I'm looking forward to joining the Pi Audio family with my first Uber! 

John
John, like I said, this was one of the first "new gen" Ubers.  It is short on receptacles, but long on SQ. 

Enjoy! 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2015, 12:23 am »
John, like I said, this was one of the first "new gen" Ubers.  It is short on receptacles, but long on SQ. 

Enjoy!
What does it take to update an old Uber to a new Uber? 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2015, 12:38 am »
What does it take to update an old Uber to a new Uber?
I built these thing a LONG time ago for Art.  Yours are the new gen.  I have more ideas, though.  I just can't get to them now.

Email me when you get a chance.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2015, 02:24 am »
I can only imagine you're in for a real treat John.  I've got the mini and  it pretty much schocked me.   I'l lbe hearing  a system with a Uber soon for the first time as my buddy has one coming  .

Enjoy !!

-jay

Jay,

You're in for an Uber treat. Enjoy!

Michael

InfernoSTi

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2015, 04:46 am »
Thanks guys, what a warm welcome! 

I'm truly looking forward to the Uber.  I'm coming from a PS Audio Powerplant Premier that died.  And it sounded better once I removed it from the system (more dynamic)...of course I hadn't had it out of the system for years so who knew?  That said, I've always wanted a Pi Audio buss but couldn't ever pull the trigger since I had the PS Audio regenerator.

I have two options for setup.  The first is to just run my main amp (Pass Labs XA-30.5) directly from the Uber hardwire.  The second is to run the Uber hardwire into a BPT Pure Power Center power strip that I have (a basic model, no frills) and run my amp, DAC, and pre-amp (Auralic Vega and Auralic Taurus Pre) on the same unit.  The second option is my first choice but I figured I'd ask folk's opinion? 

Thanks,
John

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: 21 Jan 2015, 05:11 am »
Thanks guys, what a warm welcome! 

I'm truly looking forward to the Uber.  I'm coming from a PS Audio Powerplant Premier that died.  And it sounded better once I removed it from the system (more dynamic)...of course I hadn't had it out of the system for years so who knew?  That said, I've always wanted a Pi Audio buss but couldn't ever pull the trigger since I had the PS Audio regenerator.

I have two options for setup.  The first is to just run my main amp (Pass Labs XA-30.5) directly from the Uber hardwire.  The second is to run the Uber hardwire into a BPT Pure Power Center power strip that I have (a basic model, no frills) and run my amp, DAC, and pre-amp (Auralic Vega and Auralic Taurus Pre) on the same unit.  The second option is my first choice but I figured I'd ask folk's opinion? 

Thanks,
John
John, go with #2.  Getting everything on the BUSS is a good idea.  I would advise that you try pulling each device one at a time and running it straight into the wall.  This way you can determine the optimum setup.  I would imagine that the best results will come from being totally Uberized, though.

Please report back with your findings.

Enjoy  :thumb:

maplegrovemusic

• Please Be kind to your ears .... Treat your room
« Reply #13 on: 21 Jan 2015, 11:13 am »
In need of three - two outlet conditioners or regenerators . Can PI fufill my needs ?  One for a solid state preamp and dac . The other two would be for a pair of mono block Hypex ncore and a pair of electro stat speakers

Captainhemo

« Reply #14 on: 21 Jan 2015, 03:54 pm »
John, go with #2.  Getting everything on the BUSS is a good idea.  I would advise that you try pulling each device one at a time and running it straight into the wall.  This way you can determine the optimum setup.  I would imagine that the best results will come from being totally Uberized, though.

Please report back with your findings.

Enjoy  :thumb:

I'd think getting everything on the Uber would be the way to go as well.  I am not famaliar with the  BPT Pure Power Center but if you are  concerned about having it in the  system,  you  could always think about adding a mini buss for distribution somewhere down the road.  Sounds like the  UberPlusMini is working great for  EarlyB !!

-jay

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #15 on: 21 Jan 2015, 05:23 pm »
In need of three - two outlet conditioners or regenerators . Can PI fufill my needs ?  One for a solid state preamp and dac . The other two would be for a pair of mono block Hypex ncore and a pair of electro stat speakers
Aha! There you are.  You didn't leave your email address on the inquiry form at my website.  pM on the way.

Of course we can come up with a solution.  That is what I do  :D

Early B.

« Reply #16 on: 21 Jan 2015, 08:43 pm »
  Sounds like the  UberPlusMini is working great for  EarlyB !!

Absolutely! It's the best upgrades I've ever made.

Inferno -- I used to own the BPT Pure Power Center. I think it will work fine for your application, but you'll probably benefit by eventually replacing it with a MiniBUSS. 

InfernoSTi

« Reply #17 on: 22 Jan 2015, 02:06 am »
I'd think getting everything on the Uber would be the way to go as well.  I am not famaliar with the  BPT Pure Power Center but if you are  concerned about having it in the  system,  you  could always think about adding a mini buss for distribution somewhere down the road.  Sounds like the  UberPlusMini is working great for  EarlyB !!

-jay

Inferno -- I used to own the BPT Pure Power Center. I think it will work fine for your application, but you'll probably benefit by eventually replacing it with a MiniBUSS.

Jay and Early B,

Thanks...that is a great idea (but good to know the BPT will work for a while).  As you can see, both my DAC and Pre Amp have transformer based LPS, so they should do well with the Uber (as I understand it from my readings).

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #18 on: 22 Jan 2015, 03:48 am »

Jay and Early B,

Thanks...that is a great idea (but good to know the BPT will work for a while).  As you can see, both my DAC and Pre Amp have transformer based LPS, so they should do well with the Uber (as I understand it from my readings).

Very nice and you are in for a treat.

InfernoSTi

« Reply #19 on: 22 Jan 2015, 04:33 am »
I just realized I have some Mr T's diffusors behind my speakers (they are actually in front of bass traps that are about a foot deep in the middle of the corner and 4" on the wings but one can't really tell in the photo).  Turns out Pi Audio is ubiquitous...

John