Best deal on loudspeaker kits ever.

Danny Richie

Re: Best deal on loudspeaker kits ever.
« Reply #40 on: 6 Sep 2011, 04:02 pm »
If we stick to the original box plan, what would be the specs? I mean the frequency response, the nominal impedance, power handling, sensitivity, crossover point etc?

Go to this Stereo Mojo shoot out page: http://www.stereomojo.com/Small%20Speaker%20Shootout%202007/StereomojoSmallSpeakerShootout2007Measurements.htm

On the second page you'll see ALL of the measurements on the X-LS Encore. They will answer all of your questions.

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 8 Sep 2011, 04:49 am »
Here is a pic of the X-LS Encore kit.

This kit includes everything pictured and is only $149.

Note that the inductors are all air core. The resistors are good quality wire wound and non-inductive. The caps are all poly caps and there is even a Gen.2 Sonicap by-pass cap in the tweeter circuit.

Cabinet plans are here: http://gr-research.com/pdf/X-LS%20Encore%20box.pdf
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2011, 02:38 pm by Danny »

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #42 on: 14 Sep 2011, 10:46 am »
X-CS Encore: $99 each.

An upgraded version of the original X-CS, MTM center channel speaker.

This was also reviewed by Positive Feedback. There was also a review of the X-MTM, X-CS, and X-ls at Home Theater Sound, and they were given a Reviewers Choice award.

From where can we download the box plan of this speaker?

Danny Richie

« Reply #43 on: 14 Sep 2011, 04:12 pm »

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #44 on: 14 Sep 2011, 05:43 pm »
Hey Guys,

I still have a couple of these flat packs left. As many of you may recall these are being sold to help out Gary Dodd who recently racked up some significant medical treatment debt.

Front and rear baffles are 1 1/8" MDF and the top, bottom and sides are 3/4" MDF. (Premium Super-Refined MDF)

Starting donation on each pair is $25.00. You can donate as much as you'd like on top of that though. :wink: (Regular price is $100.00 pr.)

100% of the proceeds will go to Gary. Just send your PayPal payment to Danny @ info@gr-research.com. For a FedEx Ground shipping quote, please send me your zip code via PM, or email. If you would prefer to look up shipping rates yourself, the package weight is 32lbs and the dimensions are 9" x 16" x 11. Shipping from 80233.

If you'd like to swap the Encore baffles for the Classics, just let me know.

The X-LS Encore kit is $149.00 and the X-LS Classic kit is $109.00. (KILLER deals, btw) You'll need to call Danny @ 940-592-3400 to order the kits.

This is a link to a small speaker shootout that included the X-LS Encore with XO build and No Rez upgrades. http://www.stereomojo.com/Small%20Speaker%20Shootout%202007/SmallSpeakerShootout2007Part1.htm Although these speakers are VERY good in stock form, it's nice knowing that you take them up a notch if you ever wanted to. :thumb:

Another added benefit to your donation is that in purchasing the speaker kits you are helping Santiago to recoup some of his investments as well. 

Thanks,

Ruben

Danny Richie

« Reply #45 on: 16 Sep 2011, 04:52 pm »
I have had a few people asking about the X-MTM model. This version was produced by A/V-123 in limited numbers. It is basically the exact same kit as the X-CS Classic and X-CS Encore center channel kits but built into a larger ported floor standing model.

It will give you good sensitivity levels into the 91db range and good low end extension with a -3db in the low 40's in the box that they were sold in.

Here are a few pics of the Classic version:

The X-MTM Encore was exactly the same but with the Encore tweeter.

Here are the box plans:

http://gr-research.com/pdf/X-mtm%20box.pdf

Here is where to add dampening material:

http://gr-research.com/pdf/X-mtm%20damping.pdf

Here are the X-CS and X-CS Enclore plans. You'll need to see these for the tweeter cut out dimensions.

http://gr-research.com/pdf/X-CS%20Classic.pdf

http://gr-research.com/pdf/X-CS%20Encore.pdf

X-MTM Classic kits are $199 and the X-MTM Encore kits are $279. That even includes floor spikes.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014, 03:25 am by Danny Richie »

rtate

« Reply #46 on: 16 Sep 2011, 06:27 pm »
Danny,  what are the differences between the X-MTM and the AV3 ??
I realize that the AV3 is a TL and the X-MTM is rear ported but are there significant differences in performance?

Danny Richie

« Reply #47 on: 16 Sep 2011, 07:30 pm »
Danny,  what are the differences between the X-MTM and the AV3 ??
I realize that the AV3 is a TL and the X-MTM is rear ported but are there significant differences in performance?

Well, all of the drivers are different too. The only real thing that they have in common is that they are an MTM design.

mojave

« Reply #48 on: 16 Sep 2011, 08:25 pm »
A friend has a 5.1 system with 4 of the X-MTM Encores and an X-CS. They all have Ninja upgraded crossovers. It is a great sounding system with either multi-channel music or movies.

He owns the X-MTM Encores and X-CS in this picture. I picked them up from the photographer that AV123 was using for their website pics.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #49 on: 17 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm »
Hi, I'm a part of an India-centric AV forum that goes by the name Hifivision. I've started a group buy for purchasing kits from Danny and with his active help have been able to mobilise demand for about 14 pairs of X-LS Encore kits, 5 pairs of X-CS and AV/AV1RS surround kits and also 6 Nos of 12B+SA-1 sub kits.

We find your offer of $25 for a pair of Encore speaker flat packs very interesting. Would it be possible to ship it along with the consignment of our speaker kits from Danny?

You can read about it here: http://www.hifivision.com/diy/19688-best-ever-deal-loudspeaker-kits.html

Regards

Rajesh

I still have a couple of these flat packs left. As many of you may recall these are being sold to help out Gary Dodd who recently racked up some significant medical treatment debt.

Front and rear baffles are 1 1/8" MDF and the top, bottom and sides are 3/4" MDF. (Premium Super-Refined MDF)

Starting donation on each pair is $25.00. You can donate as much as you'd like on top of that though. :wink: (Regular price is $100.00 pr.)

100% of the proceeds will go to Gary. Just send your PayPal payment to Danny @ info@gr-research.com. For a FedEx Ground shipping quote, please send me your zip code via PM, or email. If you would prefer to look up shipping rates yourself, the package weight is 32lbs and the dimensions are 9" x 16" x 11. Shipping from 80233.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #50 on: 22 Sep 2011, 08:48 am »
A friend has a 5.1 system with 4 of the X-MTM Encores and an X-CS. They all have Ninja upgraded crossovers. It is a great sounding system with either multi-channel music or movies.

He owns the X-MTM Encores and X-CS in this picture. I picked them up from the photographer that AV123 was using for their website pics.

Hi,

Very good looking setup. Which surrounds does he use?

siava1018

« Reply #51 on: 22 Sep 2011, 04:22 pm »
X-MTMs

siava1018

« Reply #52 on: 22 Sep 2011, 04:44 pm »
how much no-rez is needed for the x-ls encores?

Danny Richie

« Reply #53 on: 22 Sep 2011, 05:35 pm »
how much no-rez is needed for the x-ls encores?

One sheet will cover a pair.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #54 on: 27 Sep 2011, 06:59 pm »
Hey Guys,

If you'd like to swap the Encore baffles for the Classics, just let me know.

The X-LS Encore kit is $149.00 and the X-LS Classic kit is $109.00. (KILLER deals, btw) You'll need to call Danny @ 940-592-3400 to order the kits.

This is a link to a small speaker shootout that included the X-LS Encore with XO build and No Rez upgrades. http://www.stereomojo.com/Small%20Speaker%20Shootout%202007/SmallSpeakerShootout2007Part1.htm Although these speakers are VERY good in stock form, it's nice knowing that you take them up a notch if you ever wanted to. :thumb:

Another added benefit to your donation is that in purchasing the speaker kits you are helping Santiago to recoup some of his investments as well. 

Thanks,

Ruben

All gone! :D

You guys are AWESOME!!! :notworthy:

As soon as I can get to them, I will be putting up another (5) pairs of X-LS Encore flat packs of which the proceeds will go to Bill Baker of Response Audio. They were hit HARD by flooding and suffered heavy losses/damages. You can read about it here - http://www.responseaudio.com/flood%202011.htm

Thanks everyone,

Ruben

Danny Richie

« Reply #55 on: 27 Sep 2011, 07:16 pm »
You are a good man Ruben.

alienderivative

« Reply #56 on: 3 Oct 2011, 12:07 pm »
Is it feasible/practical to adjustment the dimensions of the mini-monitors, X-LS Encore included, to place the port in front when they will be used close to a wall?

Danny Richie

« Reply #57 on: 3 Oct 2011, 12:49 pm »
Is it feasible/practical to adjustment the dimensions of the mini-monitors, X-LS Encore included, to place the port in front when they will be used close to a wall?

The ported X-LS is in about half of its optimal ported air space. That is why a small ported floor standing version (the X-SLS) was made. So adding more air space and a port in the front is no problem.

And welcome to AC.  :thumb:

alienderivative

« Reply #58 on: 3 Oct 2011, 07:43 pm »
Thanks.  There are so many designs I get lost easily.  Can you direct me to the plans for the floor version?

Danny Richie

« Reply #59 on: 3 Oct 2011, 07:51 pm »
Thanks.  There are so many designs I get lost easily.  Can you direct me to the plans for the floor version?

http://gr-research.com/pdf/X-SLS%20Encore%20box.pdf