HAL MS-1, MS-2 and MS-3 running Windows 10 update problem

HAL

Folks,
The latest Windows 10 Fall Creators edition (1709) just tried to load on my MS-3 and at 80% stopped and then crashed the machine.  When I checked, this is a known Microsoft problem and they are working on it.

In the mean time, you can put your machine running Windows 10 into Metered Connection mode to stop the big updates.  You can Google that and see how to do it.  It still updates the security features, but stops the big Creators Editions to load.

I am trying something now to see if it will work around the problem, but this might take time.  Took almost 2 days to get to this point in the install.

More when I know.

*Scotty*

Re: HAL MS-1, MS-2 and MS-3 running Windows 10 update problem
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2018, 02:41 am »
My 1709 update failed about 15 times more or less and in my case running the Update Trouble Shooter twice did the the trick and the 1709 update worked. No apparent change to functioning or the sound of the 24/192 driver that allows kernel streaming.
Scotty

HAL

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2018, 02:55 am »
*Scotty*,
Good to know.  Will try that next if the idea in progress does not work.

Rich

*Scotty*

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2018, 03:23 am »
The first time around after running the update trouble shooter the 1709 update failed at 80%. I rebooted and ran the trouble shooter again and it found some more things to fix after which running the 1709 update succeeded.
Scotty

HAL

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2018, 09:49 pm »
The story has a happy ending.

Ran the Windows 10 Update Troubleshooter program 3 times and it locked up on try #3.  Obviously a stuborn problem to fix.

Used Windows Media Creator and built a DVD from the ISO file with 1709.  Then ran it within Windows 10 to do the update.  Done and everything transferred in about 1 hour.  Now to check everything again and make sure it runs.

Seems like the Windows 1o updater for the normal update process has a bug, but the installer does not. 

For MS-1, MS-2 or MS-3 owners, if you need a DVD to fix the problem, PM me with your address to mail it.

THROWBACK

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2018, 12:34 pm »
Rich,
Haven't heard from you in a while. How's your speaker project coming?
Chuck

HAL

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2018, 12:39 pm »
Chuck,
Final stage of The Megaliths is done and in testing.  Posted a frequency response plot at my chair over here if you are interested:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=142716.260

Rich