My apology to all concerned

bdp24

My apology to all concerned
« on: 12 Dec 2017, 10:00 am »
I have been unable to be reached for a while now due to some grim developments in the lives of very close old friends. I should say past lives, as I had to go down to California to serve as a pall bearer at the funeral of two former bandmates (one of whom I first worked with in 1967), both of whom, like Tom Petty, died in their mid-60's. While I was down there, another had a serious accident (of his own making---he has had a drinking problem for a long, long time), ending up having to have a hole drilled in his skull to relive the pressure created by his brain swelling. Like I said, grim. I spent some time with him after he was released, staying with him at his place in San Jose. I do all my communicating on my desktop computer, having no laptop or smart phone. A regular luddite!

I will be going through my emails, getting back to those of you who contacted me about the pair of W-frames I have available. Sorry for the long stretch of silence---Eric.

JakeJ

Re: My apology to all concerned
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2017, 01:30 pm »
Eric,

My deepest condolences for your losses.  And hoping your friend with the drinking problem finds a better path, I have friend who just yesterday made contact to tell my local circle of friends he is quitting the opiate Rx as he has been a fog for more than ten years due to a back injury.  He finally admitted his back is better and he was finally tired of being on the opioid roller coaster.

Take care,
Jake

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2017, 02:40 pm »
Deepest condolences.  I lost 4 friends over a 5 year period several years back (and that's part of what prompted a move from my old area about 4 years back).  It's tough to deal with.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2017, 08:32 pm »
Sorry for your loss Eric.

Mike

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2017, 11:11 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear about your friends Eric. One of the hardest things about getting older is that you start losing the people you care about.

Take Care Eric,

Greg

Captainhemo

« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec 2017, 06:24 pm »
No need for apologies Eric,.  So sorry to hear about your friends,   we all know how difficult these   things can be :(

jay

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #6 on: 13 Dec 2017, 06:36 pm »
Sorry, Eric.  Tough times - I have a friend in Dallas with stage 4 throat cancer - he would just not stop smoking.

JakeJ

« Reply #7 on: 14 Dec 2017, 04:25 am »
Interesting.  A fellow workmate used chewing tobacco for most of his adult life (50 yo) and got throat cancer.  He survived and is now cancer free but it was tough row to hoe.  He quit the tobacco and his Mountain Dew habit.

My family has cancer victims, all were smokers.  I smoked from high school to 4/1994 then quit and never looked back.  I realize this does not guarantee I'll be cancer free but I know it helps.  Since I'm adopted my genetics are different from all other members of my "family" which kinda makes it a crap shoot.