Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before

konut and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. Read 35335 times.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
Re: Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before
« Reply #980 on: 7 Dec 2017, 08:38 am »
for some of us who are getting the amps in the first lot, will their be an option to upgrade to mid-tier case before it ships ?

Yes. I'm going to get the parts milled then put a couple together before the anodizing to show you guys what they look like. Then I'll add them to the webshop as an upgrade option. But It may be January before they can ship. I'm not sure. I'll need to see what the anodizing shop lead time is at the time the parts are ready for anodizing. I'll also be adding a laser etched front and rear panel option.

For the 6 channel amp, since I'm not limited by the sizes available from Takachi, I'll make it a bit wider so I can put the IEC inlet on the far right for better rear panel symmetry.

glynnw

« Reply #981 on: 7 Dec 2017, 02:51 pm »
Any idea when the amps in the first group will ship if I do not want to upgrade the case?  No hurry - just planning my life.  My main interest here is to see what difference 300 watts into 16 ohms 95 dB efficiency speakers make over my current 3 to 10 (depends on amp).  Hope I don't blow anything up  :D

uncola

« Reply #982 on: 7 Dec 2017, 03:28 pm »
I think he said december 27th or so for batch one and two both?  based on when the takachi cases arrive.. he said other components will be in hand way before then.  I'll let him answer, I just didn't want you to be kept in suspense until he wakes up :P

mick wolfe

« Reply #983 on: 7 Dec 2017, 03:53 pm »
Any idea when the amps in the first group will ship if I do not want to upgrade the case?  No hurry - just planning my life.  My main interest here is to see what difference 300 watts into 16 ohms 95 dB efficiency speakers make over my current 3 to 10 (depends on amp).  Hope I don't blow anything up  :D

I surely like how my modest Classdaudio 254 at 250 watts (into 4 ohms) performs with my M2 Turbo's. Nothing's going to blow up. In fact, you'll probably notice a greater sense of ease if anything.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #984 on: 7 Dec 2017, 06:09 pm »

Nothing has changed with the 1st Takachi case delivery around Christmas. As soon as I get them, I’ll start shipping out in the order I received the orders.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #985 on: 7 Dec 2017, 06:31 pm »
Mike, I know it was mentioned somewhere here but can't find it. What's the gain of the 1200as?

maty

• Nauscopio Scipiorum
« Reply #986 on: 7 Dec 2017, 06:38 pm »
Other day I suggested this Bulgarian power (star quad) cable + rhodium plugs made by Aleksandar (ATL-HiFi).

https://www.atlhifi.com/shop/audio-cables/1-5-m-power-cable-silver-in-ptfe-rhodium-plated-us-iec-connectors/

Today, in Nuprime circle, Samac, this American power cable.

About a month ago I replaced my WireWorld Stratus power cord with the Cullen Cable Avius power cord. This power cable is fantastic....

(I had the Red Copper plugs put on mine)

Red Copper Series 3 feet $81 ... 8 feet $115

http://www.cullencable.com/red-series/

[IMG] http://www.cullencable.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/P3090690-1200x800.jpg

Power cables these days are outrageously overpriced, so Cullen is proud to present its affordable alternatives. The Red Copper Series consists of three 10awg 99.99% pure OFC copper wires (comprising 41 individual 30awg strands per wire) in one jacket, spun in a rotation that helps reject noise and RF... and bla, bla, bla

spun in a rotation that helps reject noise and RF -> better idea a star quad cable but...

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #987 on: 7 Dec 2017, 06:53 pm »
Mike, I know it was mentioned somewhere here but can't find it. What's the gain of the 1200as?

25.8dB

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #988 on: 7 Dec 2017, 09:15 pm »
Busy morning today talking to aluminum suppliers, machinists and anodizers. Things are looking very good, and I'm confident I have all the best of the best involved with every step. On my first batch I'm going to have enough parts milled and finished for 300 cases. From there all the parts will go to Altech for anodizing/laser etching. However the anodizing will only get done on a lot to lot basis. This way each case can have the custom options and colors each individual wants. Great part is lead time for anodizing/etching will only be 1 week! Come January the amp module lead times are going to reduce as the inventory at Icepower builds up. So my goal of 2 week lead times is starting to look very realistic.

Regarding the new cases for all lot 1-4 2 channel, and lot-1 6 channel guys I came up with a plan. For everyone who ordered assembled cases, the upgrade to my mid level case will be free. For everyone who ordered kits, if you want to upgrade to the mid level case cost will be $200. But you'll get an assembled amp along with 10 year warranty.

Starting with lot 5 there will be price adjustments reflecting the new cases and possible increases in amp module pricing. There's still 1-6 channel amp left in lot 1 and a couple 2 channel amps left in lot 4. So not too late to get in on this deal yet. Until my webshop says "sold out" under each amp, they're still available.

I won't open the upgrade option in my webshop until I have units done at least up to the stage before anodizing. This way you guys will be able to see what you're upgrading to. I'll share high resolution photos of all panels and compare directly to the Takachi cases panel by panel.

jtsnead

• Everybody jumpin' out of they mind
« Reply #989 on: 7 Dec 2017, 09:46 pm »
Regarding the new cases for all lot 1-4 2 channel, and lot-1 6 channel guys I came up with a plan. For everyone who ordered assembled cases, the upgrade to my mid level case will be free. For everyone who ordered kits, if you want to upgrade to the mid level case cost will be $200. But you'll get an assembled amp along with 10 year

Awesome I am in with better case, I can wait  :P

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #990 on: 7 Dec 2017, 09:53 pm »
Busy morning today talking to aluminum suppliers, machinists and anodizers. Things are looking very good, and I'm confident I have all the best of the best involved with every step. On my first batch I'm going to have enough parts milled and finished for 300 cases. From there all the parts will go to Altech for anodizing/laser etching. However the anodizing will only get done on a lot to lot basis. This way each case can have the custom options and colors each individual wants. Great part is lead time for anodizing/etching will only be 1 week! Come January the amp module lead times are going to reduce as the inventory at Icepower builds up. So my goal of 2 week lead times is starting to look very realistic.

Regarding the new cases for all lot 1-4 2 channel, and lot-1 6 channel guys I came up with a plan. For everyone who ordered assembled cases, the upgrade to my mid level case will be free. For everyone who ordered kits, if you want to upgrade to the mid level case cost will be $200. But you'll get an assembled amp along with 10 year warranty.

Starting with lot 5 there will be price adjustments reflecting the new cases and possible increases in amp module pricing. There's still 1-6 channel amp left in lot 1 and a couple 2 channel amps left in lot 4. So not too late to get in on this deal yet. Until my webshop says "sold out" under each amp, they're still available.

I won't open the upgrade option in my webshop until I have units done at least up to the stage before anodizing. This way you guys will be able to see what you're upgrading to. I'll share high resolution photos of all panels and compare directly to the Takachi cases panel by panel.

Mike:

I am in Lot 1 and can't believe how this thread has evolved!!  In any case, thank you for all of your attention to detail regarding all of these changes(which have been many!).  It will be very helpful to view the comparison of these cases.  A $200 upgrade for a better case and have it assembled is way cool.

Regards,

Randy

spence

« Reply #991 on: 7 Dec 2017, 09:54 pm »
Mike,
    Is the warranty transferrable? Your business model is impeccable!

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #992 on: 7 Dec 2017, 10:08 pm »
Thanks guys. I'm going to need to eat a bit of profit on these first lots to pull it off, but it will be worth it in the end. In the end everyone will have a better product, I will have 100% control over the entire process, and lead times will be drastically reduced.

Yes the warranty will be transferable.

maty

• Nauscopio Scipiorum
« Reply #993 on: 7 Dec 2017, 10:31 pm »
Mike, your bet for this product is evidence that you believe you have found a winning product, for quality, price and service. In short, a disruptive product that will alter the business model in audiophile world, you and I think.

Many are going to bother, watch your back.

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #994 on: 7 Dec 2017, 10:34 pm »
Mike, your bet for this product is evidence that you believe you have found a winning product, for quality, price and service. In short, a disruptive product that will alter the business model in audiophile world, you and I think.

Many are going to bother, watch your back.

If my business model ends up taking some of the market share away from others does that mean I'm doing something wrong?

bavmike

• Industry Participant
« Reply #995 on: 7 Dec 2017, 11:40 pm »
I thought I'd share some details on why I'm moving to such good quality cases, along with the 10 year warranty. The reason why I'm using such great quality cases is because I want them to be used for decades. Whenever the latest and greatest of any amp module, DAC, preamp, power supply etc technology comes out, you'll always be able to simply upgrade the modules to the new technology, without replacing the cases. If the bolt patterns are different, I'll make adapter plates to mount them to. I only work with the best of the best engineers in the industry. So I will always be ahead of the curve to introduce the very latest technology from DAC's to amplifiers, at the lowest cost possible. It will always only be a matter of swapping modules to upgrade. Gone will be the days of dumping on Audiogon for 50% off every couple of years to keep up. Low cost module upgrades will always keep you with the best gear possible. I'm tired of this disposable throw everything away and replace with all new world we live in today. I want to get back to the days where we kept products forever, and never get tired of them.

And this is also where the 10 year warranty comes in. I want to keep my clients, and discourage them from ever wanting to sell. The 10 year warranty is just another way of achieving this goal. It's also a great way to preserve resale value. You'll always be able to keep your current audio gear up to date with the very latest model with simple low cost module upgrades. in 2027 your case today can be the exact thing people buy new then, with only the swap of a simple low cost module. I want to see these cases handed down through the generations. The high grade genuine Kaiser precision plate 6061 T6 aluminum, along with the finest anodizing process available will keep these cases looking new for decades.

And lastly, if you ever decide to upgrade modules one day, the 10 year warranty period for that module will reset.

bavmike

• Industry Participant

uncola

« Reply #997 on: 8 Dec 2017, 02:21 am »
Wow the PDF says it can be used as armor plating.
You could call this your new line of bulletproof amps.  I accept royalties ;)

srb

« Reply #998 on: 8 Dec 2017, 02:48 am »
Wow the PDF says it can be used as armor plating.

I guess it would depend on the thickness, but it I were trying to shield myself from gunfire of any appreciable caliber, aluminum would be rather far down on my list.  ;)

pdg540

« Reply #999 on: 8 Dec 2017, 02:56 am »
I guess it would depend on the thickness, but it I were trying to shield myself from gunfire of any appreciable caliber, aluminum would be rather far down on my list.  ;)

How about shielding yourself from a flame thrower?   :o