GMOs good or not?

werd

Re: GMOs good or not?
« Reply #20 on: 1 Jun 2016, 05:28 am »
What I dont like in GMO is the seeds are now a private company proprierty, also it seems to do a unsafe change in the soil as mentioned and maybe bad to the consumer body, not to mention poisoning the food chain.

In my country there is no more organic wheat is all GMO with 500% more gluten, this is why many people are allergic to gluten today.

Are you in Brazil? Brazil has the highest use of herbicides. Also Wheat GMOs are not lab. Wheat lab GMOs were discontinued early because the Canadians could not market the wheat. Nobody wanted it because of Monsanto and it being GMO so they tossed it. Wheat is not lab GMO,

Folsom

« Reply #21 on: 1 Jun 2016, 05:39 am »
Wheat in the USA is still significantly increased gluten. Even if they wheat doesn't, they add it.

I don't believe a weapon maker is incapable of making quality food. Again, the worst thing by far is the suing, monopolizing, etc... They've affected a lot of markets they aren't even in. Farmers have a hard time using their own seeds, if they even can.

werd

« Reply #22 on: 1 Jun 2016, 05:45 am »
Wheat in the USA is still significantly increased gluten. Even if they wheat doesn't, they add it.

I don't believe a weapon maker is incapable of making quality food. Again, the worst thing by far is the suing, monopolizing, etc... They've affected a lot of markets they aren't even in. Farmers have a hard time using their own seeds, if they even can.

It is about their policy of misinformation and lies to keep their product in market. Agent Orange was in use till 1979 in the States. Agent orange is a herbicide..  :o :lol:

Roundup is a herbicide.

werd

« Reply #23 on: 1 Jun 2016, 06:33 am »

They are disgusting. Look at the Canadian Supreme Court - Perry vs Monsanto case. This is what I got from it.

They sell their technology. They immediately assume farmers in the area are collecting seeds from drift. They wait till next season and trespass and collect samples. Monsanto then decides if there is a large enough yield to prove a case. A case that should never have existed (in the first place) because the only way is by trespassing or gathering info illegally. How the hell do they know their tech is used? 

It doesn't matter because they are scum Monsanto.

They sue the farmer for patent infringement. An infringement that never existed before lab GMOs. They sue the farmer because they have altered a couple of DNA proteins. They sue the farmer like the entire DNA genome of the plant is theirs.

Instead of showing damages in monetary that their tech provided higher yield and sueing for the difference. They sue like the entire profit of the yield is theirs. That is bullshit. 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #24 on: 1 Jun 2016, 09:58 am »
In my country they are suing various federations of farmers wanting to receive royaltes by the use of seeds(that were purchased), the value amount is big.

werd

« Reply #25 on: 1 Jun 2016, 03:08 pm »
In my country they are suing various federations of farmers wanting to receive royaltes by the use of seeds(that were purchased), the value amount is big.

This is why it worries me they were a weapons Bio tech company in the past. Because the way they are wielding their patent technology is like a conquer and destroy tactic. They need big  farms owned by corporations to sell their tech.They make the most money this way because they use Jump Starts and Seed coatings in their planting that really only becomes feasible with huge farming. They want farms in the 1000s of acres buying from them and not these under 2k size.

So they go on a conquer and destroy of sueing to bankrupt farmers they do not like Basically to get them out of the way.

Guy 13

« Reply #26 on: 2 Jun 2016, 02:16 am »
Just want to say that I will not get into this type of discussion,
last time I did,
my topic : You are what you eat,
was sent to the waste bin.

However, I am not in favor of any GMO.

Guy 13

werd

« Reply #27 on: 2 Jun 2016, 08:21 pm »
This is what concerns me. The problem isn't the GMOs Per se. The problem is with the over use of herbicides and pesticides. We see the same thing right now with global warming. Carbon gases are considered benign in itself. The problem with global warming is the continual onslaught of a general weak gas like C02. The reason it exists is because of the amount of tonnage in gas we are using. The planet can not keep up. We know that.

Is this possible in the ground with herbicide overuse? Is it unreasonable to think we maybe creating such a build up of generally non toxic herbicide to the point that it starts rotting out soil in a way that may not be apparent right now?. If you guys are not worried about this go look at the increase of herbicide in tonnage. Brazil being the worse at about 300k tons a year and it's increasing going up every year.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #28 on: 3 Jun 2016, 03:17 am »
This is what concerns me. The problem isn't the GMOs Per se. The problem is with the over use of herbicides and pesticides...

The overuse of herbicides and pesticides is a concern. They can leach through the soil and reach fresh water aquifers or waterways that are typically a reliable source of potable water.

The good news, though, is that a company shares your concerns and has been investing billions of dollars in R&D to contribute food-bearing plants that never need, nor leach, either substance. That company's name is Monsanto.

Have fun,

Jerry

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #30 on: 3 Jun 2016, 04:01 am »

werd

« Reply #31 on: 3 Jun 2016, 04:52 am »
I'm  guessing why no one is on that Monsanto Merry-go-round because they are all dead.... :lol:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #32 on: 3 Jun 2016, 04:55 am »
I'm  guessing why no one is on that Monsanto Merry-go-round because they are all dead.... :lol:

You get the gist.  8)

OzarkTom

« Reply #33 on: 3 Jun 2016, 05:19 am »
64 countries labels GMO's, US should also.

http://www.justlabelit.org/right-to-know-center/labeling-around-the-world/

Wheat is toxic because it is sprayed with Round-up before harvest.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/real-reason-for-toxic-wheat-its-not-gluten/

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #34 on: 3 Jun 2016, 05:46 am »
Yes, California (where I live) is leading the pack as it comes to labeling.

The label says "This food contains GMOs". It's my choice whether I select that product or not.

Inasmuch as I long for the day that local Farmer's Markets can solve world hunger, as FRM's post suggests, my cynical side finds it pretty fucking unlikely that will ever happen.

"Food", as we know it, is bigger than what's in our refrigerators.

7.4 billion people want to know 'what's for dinner?' Thus the merry-go-round.

Please, let me assure you that the vast majority of the world does not view Monsanto as evil for providing a solution.

When will you die from your exposure to GMOs? Glyphosate? When will you die from lack of food?  When will you die from normal life expectancy?

Again, let's try to keep thing in perspective.

werd

« Reply #35 on: 3 Jun 2016, 06:00 am »
64 countries labels GMO's, US should also.

http://www.justlabelit.org/right-to-know-center/labeling-around-the-world/

Wheat is toxic because it is sprayed with Round-up before harvest.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/real-reason-for-toxic-wheat-its-not-gluten/

although I agree with herbicide overuse I am pretty sure those ailments are not caused by roundup. IN saskatoon I am completely immersed in the agriculture community. None of that is apparent in any of the population. Round- up is listed as an irritant.  Infact I am pretty sure they have all been debunked.

Having said that I still want labelling and this is why. We have seen a masssive campaign by big business to downsize government. Underfunding government agencies like the FDA and EPA is basically a form of derregulation. They turned these protections into a limp underfunded nuisance at best. There is also culture of "revolving door"  appointments from government into jobs at Monsanto.
What does this mean? It means I cant rely on the government. I basically have to do it myself. It's to the point where I need to research the food and where it came from and what lab it was produced in because the gov can't. Labelling makes this easier to do right from the start. Like this is sad but this is what these fricken bastards want. They want no functioning government and they do not want labelling. Well they can go fuck themselves because they cant have both. Too bad they are getting labelling.
« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2016, 11:34 am by werd »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #36 on: 3 Jun 2016, 06:23 am »
You're right, werd. Labeling is the answer. All you need to work out now is the language in which the label is written.  :duh:

werd

« Reply #37 on: 3 Jun 2016, 06:59 am »
I am trying to work out this persistent attempt to align Monsanto with Norman Borlaug. For one thing Norman Borlaug never sued anybody.  For another he didn't design herbicidal bio Weaponry for the purpose of destroying a nation with Agent Orange. Monsanto isn't about feeding shit. When are they going to start? They don't do wheat. What are they going to feed the hungry with some corn on the cob soaked in canola oil?

This is a pathetic attempt and obvious Monsanto shilling. Shilling if you are getting paid. Just plain patsy if not. Haha just boinking with ya.

But quit the starving child garbage.

werd

« Reply #38 on: 3 Jun 2016, 09:14 am »

Please, let me assure you that the vast majority of the world does not view Monsanto as evil for providing a solution.

Let me assure you they do. No one trusts them and they want them out.

Guy 13

« Reply #39 on: 3 Jun 2016, 09:28 am »
I don't trust them because like many large corporation, their only concern
and goal is to make money, lots of it...
Because their share holders want a good return on their investment.
My God, I said I would not comment, but I just did,
sorry I could not resist.
I don't trust them and I don't like them and every and any products should have
an honest labelling.
Thats it !

Guy 13