FS: ROON ENDPOINT DAC

Gatto127

FS: ROON ENDPOINT DAC
« on: 1 May 2017, 06:00 pm »
I have two streamers that I have put together:
Based off the Audiophonics Sabre v3 dac:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9j518ldmycuko5s/AACag0DiStn3EIez68Vh122_a

Another Based off the Audiophonics Multibit Dac.

The two streamers are fully capable of ethernet based streaming and are capable of 192khz 24bit streaming via Roon or 44khz streaming via AirPlay.

Both of them power the raspberry pi directly and provide built in linear power supply. You can look up the reviews of the Dac on the hb channel on YouTube.

They sound articulate and incisive without sounding harsh. The treble for even slightly poorly recorded tracks is still a fine balance between gentle and too forgiving. For excellent recorded tracks - there is lot of channel separation - lots a thump in the bass. All that one is looking for in a great dac. The streamer ensures that your source is clean and bereft of the issues of a mixed use motherboard. The power supply modulation issues are now handled by an planar of capacitors, providing accurate linear power. This is a lot pieces pulled together. Dac/ power supply/ network streamer.

For differences between the sabre dac and the philips multibit dac - the multibit dac feels more wholesome - more eager to entertain, more playful - like a fine stew made of earthy ingredients; while the sabre dac sounds intense, refined and incisive, though willing to grudgingly enjoy the pleasures of less refined sources. You take your pick.

I am looking at 175$ Plus shipping for either dac.

Thanks for looking. Will include more pictures if requested.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2017, 02:25 pm by Gatto127 »

Gatto127

Re: FS: Audiophonics Sabre DAC Hirez Streamer
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2017, 12:13 pm »

Gatto127

Re: FS: ROON ENDPOINT DAC
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2017, 02:25 pm »
Price reduced.