They fixed Youtube for PS3

Rclark

They fixed Youtube for PS3
« on: 16 Feb 2013, 04:36 am »
 You can now run the Youtube app on PS3 and it FINALLY runs flawlessly. The point? It's Youtube on your bigscreen, it's hi-def, automatically skewing to the highest quality output (looks awesome!)..

If you watch Youtube, if you have a PS3.. I highly suggest you install it and try it out. It's like having a kick ass on demand channel.

Think FREE FULL CONCERTS..

(It used to .. just not work. Vids would take 3 minutes to load, crash the system, very irritating. Now it flies.)

MaxCast

Re: They fixed Youtube for PS3
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2013, 01:05 pm »
sweet, thanks for the update.  This place is going to turn into a VH1- behind the music show.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2013, 03:23 pm »

Think FREE FULL CONCERTS..
Here's a link to my YouTube channel where I've got 31 full length concerts (so far). Mostly Blues and Jazz.

In the upper right corner of the screen, you can seen a 1/31 (that's the first concert of the 31 I have).
Hit next for the next concert if you're not interested in the one you're on.

Enjoy.  :wink:
Bob

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2013, 07:15 pm »
Wow Bob will definitely check it out

RClark - Now I need a good keyboard for my ps3, or is there a good way to navigate utube w/o one?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2013, 07:25 pm »
They make keyboards that attach to the top of your cordless PS3 controller.
It's nothing you'd want to type a long letter on, but it's enough to type in YouTube searches.

By the way, that "31" number on my channel has already changed, so that number is a moving target.

Bob

Rclark

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2013, 11:58 pm »
I've got a USB keyboard fot that purpose but I leave my electric guitar plugged into that slot on the ps3 and the controller is fine for me as far as inputs. The text prediction is excellent so keyboard isn't  really necessary.

Loving it so far. Last night I typed Charlie Parker Full Album and let it play the several there as I slept.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2013, 12:21 am »
THe keyboard I'm talking about goes on the controller, not the PS3.

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2013, 09:09 am »
Oh that's slick. If the PS4 wasn't coming out in a matter of months  :green:...

Feb 20th, the new system gets unveiled, BTW. All revealed specs point to a very powerful console that is easier to develop for. All scuttlebutt so far is that it will be about 40% more powerful than the next XBOX.

FEB 20, check IGN.com, or Youtube, etc.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2013, 03:28 pm »
Yea, I don't like the new controller at all.
Hopefully, it'll be backwards compatible with current gen discs too.

Bob

Rclark

« Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2013, 06:55 pm »
The new controller is an improvement! Gonna fit in the hands a bit better, some more space between the sticks, has concave sticks this time, which is much nicer, the Dpad is a huge improvement over the current one. Then you've got a touch screen, a speaker, and a headset jack. Btw that's just the proto. The final should be cleaned up some. We'll see on Wed.

Not a chance on backwards compatibility. You're going from exotic Cell CPU to.. 8 core x86.

The good news though is it will be a pretty mighty leap, especially when the vr glasses come out.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 18 Feb 2013, 01:39 am »
Nah....I'm not diggin the new controller. I can poo poo every "benefit" you noted.
I like the one we have, with the exception I'd like one made larger for adult hands.

Bob

Rclark

« Reply #11 on: 18 Feb 2013, 06:40 am »
It is made a bit larger. It's an imrovement. That style of Dpad is way easier than the current one on your thumb. Concave sticks are much nicer too, it's bigger..

Anyway, don't hate it yet until you see the final.

Sony is talking major smack in the media so I think they're going to deliver big with the new console.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 18 Feb 2013, 02:23 pm »
We'll see. My biggest bitch is the touch screen. I like my fingers on the button, so when it comes times to pres it, my finger is already there. A touch screen means I can't touch it until I want it touched, if that makes sense.

As far as the concave sticks, that's neat, but I've got those little rubber grippy thingys on mine, so the concave isn't needed.

Bob

Rclark

« Reply #13 on: 18 Feb 2013, 06:33 pm »
I don't think the touchscreen is going to be needed for any fast twitch inputs. You've already got 4 face buttons, two triggers, and r3 as usual. It'll be for extra stuff. Which is cool, it will enable more sophisticated inputs.

What I'm excited about is it supports 3d VR headsets. And they finally got those right. Gran Tourismo 6 with a motion tracking 1080p headset.. Yes please!

Rclark

« Reply #14 on: 20 Feb 2013, 11:39 pm »
WOOOW. The machine is a beast...8 core CPU, 8GB DDR5 ram unified. And the final DS4 is dead sexy.

Rclark

« Reply #15 on: 29 Jul 2013, 12:08 am »
Hey so I got a Galaxy Tab 2 tablet and also a new S4 phone too and now have them both set up as controllers for the ps3 user app. Very nice having Youtube in HD and using your tablet as menu and also playback controls.

Both tablet and phone , or two phones or two tabs,  can control the app simultaneously, so two people can scroll through choices independently.

Pretty nice.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 29 Jul 2013, 12:14 am »
It is pretty neat. I've been using my 10.1 tablet for a couple months as a Youtube controller on the main system.
The nice thing about all this technology, is that it all seems to be doing things, neat things, like I've come to expect the technology to be able to perform. Ya know?

Bob

Rclark

« Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2013, 12:20 am »
yeah that convergence.

If the audio in the ps4 is good, or not, I'll just optical out to a dac, I'm going to use it as my music player and put my cd's in storage as archive and for album media.

I have the 10.1 too. This is the way to roll.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jul 2013, 12:30 am »
Sounds like a plan. Ought to do well.
I'm looking for a way to not need a display to do music, as I don't want to have to fire up the PJ for tunes, so the PS3 won't work for me.

Rclark

« Reply #19 on: 29 Jul 2013, 12:38 am »
You could use a cheap little monitor or screen,  connect it to the ps4, hmdi switch it, and turn it off.  Something small.

The reason I want it as player is because I'll always be using it for something.