Joke of the Day

mikeeastman

Re: Joke of the Day
« Reply #2140 on: 27 Jul 2017, 05:44 pm »
 :lol: :thumb: :thumb:

nathanm

« Reply #2141 on: 28 Jul 2017, 01:33 am »
You people are nuts, under NO circumstances would I log in again to this board to comment on some jokes I made back in 2005! That would just be thinkable! Unthinkable I tell you! But since my computer by some miracle still has my login info stored my password, heck why not?  :P My god, the cobwebs…I think Shelob lives here.

Although one could argue that a 12 year slump in internet-based comedy was a thing to be mourned, I am glad people got a kick out of it. Much more traction than my current meme production. Back in olden times they weren't called memes, though. * hikes up britches, applies Polident *

What the heck is going on with Hi-Fi these days anyway? I honestly have no idea. Is there like brain implants that give you the impression you're listening to music or is it still the old school vibrating bits and electronics?  I've heard whisperings that vinyl is still a thing from my cousin. I regretfully sold my Michell Gyrodec in the way back days, in the long long ago. Got some grey thing with a plastic lid on it now from a friend. Not as purdy.  Still, all things considered it's good to still be here after my car accident. My Flickr page shows the aftermath if you're interested.  Could have gone a lot worse for me there.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #2142 on: 28 Jul 2017, 01:39 am »
Outstanding to see you back, Nathan!

Hi-Fi has changed profoundly since you last were here. Everything is virtual now. Virtual sources, virtual amplifiers, virtual speakers and headphones.

I hear there's a buzz about the next big thing: 'actual.

Believe it or not, actual reality will be the new virtual.

Brettio

« Reply #2143 on: 28 Jul 2017, 01:40 am »
Welcome back to AC and after seeing the car in question welcome back from the edge of almost not making it back.

charmerci

« Reply #2144 on: 28 Jul 2017, 01:46 am »
You people are nuts, under NO circumstances would I log in again to this board to comment on some jokes I made back in 2005! That would just be thinkable! Unthinkable I tell you!

Seriously man, don't do it!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2145 on: 28 Jul 2017, 02:11 am »
Welcome back Nathan. great to see/hear from you.
I saw that crappy red shoebox with the altered front end. Seriously man, there are easier ways to save the planet that by driving that death trap. The world is a better place with you in it, please drive something more safe than that.
You still into photography? Namely, that fancy B&W stuff I used to drool over?
Nothing new in audio. Remember, everything old is new again, and we're just revolving around that same principle. Our expectations are low enough that $15 chip amps are getting more notoriety that you could imagine. In a few years, we'll be back to cassettes.

weatherman1

« Reply #2146 on: 28 Jul 2017, 05:25 am »
  A mathematician and an engineer agreed to take part in an experiment.  They were both placed in a room and at the other end was a beautiful naked woman on a bed.  The experimenter said every 30 seconds they would be allowed to travel half the distance between themselves and the woman.

The mathematician said “This is pointless” and stormed off.  The engineer agreed to go ahead with the experiment anyway.

The mathematician exclaimed on this way out “Don’t you see, you’ll never actually reach her?”

To which the engineer replied, “So what?  Pretty soon I’ll be close enough for all practical purposes!”

Works for some audiophiles as well !!!!!!!!

JakeJ

« Reply #2147 on: 28 Jul 2017, 01:28 pm »
You people are nuts, under NO circumstances would I log in again to this board to comment on some jokes I made back in 2005! That would just be thinkable! Unthinkable I tell you! But since my computer by some miracle still has my login info stored my password, heck why not?  :P My god, the cobwebs…I think Shelob lives here.

Although one could argue that a 12 year slump in internet-based comedy was a thing to be mourned, I am glad people got a kick out of it. Much more traction than my current meme production. Back in olden times they weren't called memes, though. * hikes up britches, applies Polident *

What the heck is going on with Hi-Fi these days anyway? I honestly have no idea. Is there like brain implants that give you the impression you're listening to music or is it still the old school vibrating bits and electronics?  I've heard whisperings that vinyl is still a thing from my cousin. I regretfully sold my Michell Gyrodec in the way back days, in the long long ago. Got some grey thing with a plastic lid on it now from a friend. Not as purdy.  Still, all things considered it's good to still be here after my car accident. My Flickr page shows the aftermath if you're interested.  Could have gone a lot worse for me there.

Yeah, but we're the good kind of nuts, the kind that are extra salty and you just keep coming back for more! I also took a gander at your flickr account and ooh and ahh'd over the artwork (lust, lust) and lingered over the images of the itty bitty Smart car you attempted to make even smaller.  Holy Crap!  So glad you came out of that in one piece!  I'm with BStL on this one , damn the mpg and get a big ol' Cadillac to protect yourself and all your little Marchiniaks.

Drop by once in while when you are feeling extra smart-assy! :lol: :thumb:

Take care,
JakeJ

nathanm

« Reply #2148 on: 28 Jul 2017, 03:42 pm »
Welcome back Nathan. great to see/hear from you.
I saw that crappy red shoebox with the altered front end. Seriously man, there are easier ways to save the planet that by driving that death trap. The world is a better place with you in it, please drive something more safe than that.
You still into photography? Namely, that fancy B&W stuff I used to drool over?
Nothing new in audio. Remember, everything old is new again, and we're just revolving around that same principle. Our expectations are low enough that $15 chip amps are getting more notoriety that you could imagine. In a few years, we'll be back to cassettes.
Crappy shoebox that did its job and saved me from going through the windshield and into the bed of a pickup truck driven by a "distracted" 17 year old kid who thought it was a good idea to make a left turn across the median on the highway!  I bought another one actually, a 2013 model. It's even cooler IMO.

Haven't done a whole lot of photography lately. I am into 3D graphics (Blender) and fountain pens these days. Always have to have a money-sucking hobby or two. Heh.  I did however buy some Schiit Audio DACs and headphone amps recently, though. Oh and Audeze LCD-2 headphones. Nice stuff.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2149 on: 28 Jul 2017, 07:49 pm »
Holy crap, I thought I was seeing things.  :o

Good to see ya', Nathan.  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2150 on: 28 Jul 2017, 10:41 pm »
Good to see and hear you are well Nathan.  :thumb:  And very good to see the 'shoebox' did it's job so well. Drop in more often, your contributions are missed.

ddark65

• Restricted
« Reply #2151 on: 30 Jul 2017, 01:05 am »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #2152 on: 3 Aug 2017, 03:14 pm »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2153 on: 3 Aug 2017, 03:19 pm »
Are those nipples functional knobs?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #2154 on: 3 Aug 2017, 03:28 pm »
I would certainly hope so.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2155 on: 4 Aug 2017, 12:37 am »
Are those nipples functional knobs?

Yes, but if you twist them the wrong way the speakers slap you and then don't play nice for a few days.

JakeJ

« Reply #2156 on: 4 Aug 2017, 12:53 am »

I know, I've posted this before but it seemed appropriate.

dflee

« Reply #2157 on: 4 Aug 2017, 12:37 pm »
Now that's a great set of knobs.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #2158 on: 5 Aug 2017, 12:27 pm »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2159 on: 5 Aug 2017, 11:17 pm »
I live in constant fear that my daughter will become a famous artist or painter and I will have thrown out about a trillion dollars of her work.