Nuprime at High End show in Munich, Germany from May 18-22

rustydoglim

Come visit us at Hall 1, C05 if you are attending the HIGH END show in Munich in two weeks time.

A new CDP-9 will be showing for the first time.

rustydoglim

Re: Nuprime at High End show in Munich, Germany from May 18-22
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2017, 06:54 pm »
Both new products are scheduled for shipping end of July.

seikosha

« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2017, 08:43 pm »
Can you tell us what the pricing will be on that new CD player?

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2017, 09:56 pm »
 :thumb:

Great ! It is official now. I can start offering CD player now.

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2017, 02:14 pm »
CDP-9 tentatively set for $1595 (remember that a high end DAC with advance sampling rate conversion and headphone amp are all included).

By the way, happy to announce that Omnia SP1 got all the major software bugs resolved. Now we can prepare for initial production and ship samples to distributors by end of May, then end users end of June.  The player app initially runs on the device itself, but iOS version will be release shortly, with Mac and Windows later. We have to rewrite the app from Java to C++ to enhance performance and portability.

echim

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2017, 09:12 am »
Do we know the pricing for Omnia SP1? Thanks.

rustydoglim

« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2017, 04:54 am »
Haven't decided yet, probably not more than $1250 (with the dock), may be less. There will be a promotional offer for early adopters as soon as we confirmed ship date. All the parts have been acquired at the factory so the lead time for production is simply the assembly time.

Eisener Bart

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2017, 11:31 am »
Come visit us at Hall 1, C05 if you are attending the HIGH END show in Munich in two weeks time.

A new CDP-9 will be showing for the first time.

Cool.
If player could play also SACD - I could buy without any doubts.

in1unison

« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2017, 11:27 am »
With great NuPrime DACs already available, maybe CD transport, sans DAC would be in order?

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2017, 11:56 pm »
Yes, the CDP-8 is a CD only (by design it still need a good DAC for RCA outputs) and expected to retail for $649, so those of you who own DAC-9 or DAC-10 won't be disappointed, you don't have to buy CDP-9.

damguz

« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2017, 03:07 am »
Any comments on how did it go?

This year, the specialized press has been reporting on the diminishing size of the audiophile shows and the abysmal quality of rooms set up.  So I am wondering about Nuprime experience and reflections on the Show's experience.

in1unison

« Reply #11 on: 1 Jun 2017, 07:05 am »
@damguz

Ditto!

rustydoglim

« Reply #12 on: 2 Jun 2017, 05:51 pm »
Agree, high end audio continue its overall decline, especially those selling expensive boxes.  I am hopeful that we will continue to grow, at least for the next few years. Long term, we need to innovate with design, integrated system, and adoption of computing core into our products.
Prior to the high end show, I was in Paris visiting our top distributor.  I went to a very successful retail store that is located near a park and a river, with cafes nearby. The owners told me that in one good Sunday afternoon, there could be 200 people coming through the door. These customers are not looking for expensive stuff. The upper limit is around $2000 for a whole system (IDA-8 and speaker), and most people are looking for less than $1K system.  The younger people are migrating up from $300 boombox looking for better sound.

A friend once told me that he suspect that the decline in high end audio is not due to price, but there are simply too many things fighting for people's time. A few thousand $ system is really not expensive considering the amount time (in years) you could enjoy it. Some people spend more than $100 for a dinner for two. A family can now spend a few thousand $ a year upgrading smart phones, game console and tablets. There you go. So many things to compete for your money.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #13 on: 2 Jun 2017, 06:12 pm »
That's the truth!  I studied architecture, and we had a bit of 'business logic' mingled into the carreer, and there was a clever teacher who tought that we tend to think that competitors are people or enterprises offering the same services.  But that is not true, as you point out, competition resides where the same available money will either buy one or the other product.

I case of these type of hobbies / passions, there are many to choose from: audio equipment, gaming consoles, TVs, furniture, even trips.  What I spent on speakers, amp and dac would have been a nice 40 day trip around europe.  So I measure things like you: how many burgers, or how many working hours.  In this case, two full salaries (not extra money on salary, full net income of two months) went into this nice gear.  But its a lot considering our current situation.

I don't think HI FI audio will decline, but it will get more competitive and some will fall behind on the race, that is for sure.,, leaving only the ones that better read the market and the needs people haven't found they have yet (as Steve Jobs used to point out).  Surely hope you are the ones that know how to do the right R&D and continue to provide innovation! :)

Rafa.

damguz

« Reply #14 on: 2 Jun 2017, 06:39 pm »
Jason has it right; and with the kind of company´s vision and mystique that one can garner from his comments and general client satisfaction.  Nuprime should still see many years to come.  The question is whether those would be average or spectacular years.  The answer to that normally lies within the walls of the company and the mind of it COs, and in this case our guys are asking all the right questions: what do we have?; how do we make it better?; what do our customers want (no limits amps, RPi streamer, CD player - no sure about that one as Oppo seems to have cornered the market, association with speaker manufacturers, etc.).

This revolution where "Some people spend more than $100 for a dinner for two. A family can now spend a few thousand $ a year upgrading smart phones, game console and tablets" is where the money is and music, up until TIDAL and MQA joined forces has been marketed as a comodity (no comment on MQA being vaporware or not, just business strategy here), and is this new trend that is trying to de-commoditize a product with appeals to quality and sound, but so far nobody has appealed, or at least I have not seen the advert, to what Jobs had very clear: how does this product makes you feel and be perceived by others in a broad and global campaign. 

I may digress, as this is a complex subject to sum-up in a few lines post, but for a 3 year company (no looking at Nuforce tenure), Nuprime is doing most of the right things when always questioning itself.

I am a fan.

Regards,