Balanced circuit topology

SoundSound

Balanced circuit topology
« on: 23 Apr 2017, 03:56 pm »
Dear Audiophiles!  :)

I am looking for a power amplifier with balanced circuit topology to replace Acurus in my modest Hi-Fi setup:

Mac mini (USB3 output) ->
Singxer SU-1 ->
Yggdrasil DAC (AES/EBU XLR input) ->
Primare PRE30 preamplifier (AES/EBU XLR input) ->
Acurus A250 power amplifier (RCA input) ->
Monitor Audio RS-6 speakers

Naturally, one of the first offerings I checked were Kismet Reference Amplifiers, and am wondering if the most current “incarnation” of them is a fully balanced design…

As of December 2010: “On the input side of the amp, the Kismets come fitted with XLR receptacles although these are provided as a convenience for those with balanced line-level cabling. [url]The amp is not a differential design[/http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/odyssey2/2.html].”

And another question, if I may, regarding how the most current Kismets are biased…

As of August 2012: “Comparing them to my loaner First Watt J2 is kind of absurd. So, naturally, I started with that. With almost 10x the power output, the Odysseys are far closer to the big Plinius at this point, with a fuller, richer, warmer presentation — when that latter amp is running in Class A. Which is really interesting as [url]the Odysseys are not Class A[/https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2012/08/27/on-the-bench-odyssey-audio-monoblock-amplifiers/].”

Any info/advice would be very much appreciated. Please chime in!  :)

firedog

Re: Balanced circuit topology
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2017, 06:31 am »
Differential/balanced - no.
Bias: Claus will ask you to monitor your line over a period of time and tell him what the average voltage is. He will then bias accordingly. If you want to bias the amp yourself, he will give you directions.

SoundSound

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2017, 01:28 pm »
Thank you very kindly!  :)

charmerci

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2017, 12:34 am »
AVA has one - but oh, never mind, I just saw your other thread! :lol:   

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2017, 07:10 pm »
truly balanced ????   Nope,  and will never happen....