My First Post

vidcom

My First Post
« on: 16 Mar 2017, 02:27 am »
Just getting started here... well, sort of. I've been into wonderful world of audio for most of my life both as a musician and music lover and I've had a long list of now ancient audio components but I'm just now becoming very interested in "Computer Audio".  I've been using a Squeezebox for many years but I feel it is finally time I get serious.  I'm thinking about going the dedicated audio computer route but of course I don't want to spend "through the nose". 
I have a well established main audio system - amplification by Ayre - speakers by Vandersteen - multi format disc playback by Oppo - and I have an original Benchmark DAC1.  Anyway, as mentioned I want to go the music server route using a "modern day" DAC but I'm not sure which direction to go at this point.  Any advise will be greatly appreciated and if you have any to send my way I certainly thank you in advance!  DAC's especially are a moving target of sorts; certainly none are futureproof and I will not spend the crazy amounts for some of the best regarded brands.  I've been looking at the Gustard X20, but there are many others that seem more established.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: My First Post
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2017, 03:16 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle, vidcom.  :beer:

You'll find tons of options here.  :thumb:

Be sure to post in The Discless Circle. Tons of great information, and really helpful folks. If you want to go deeper, follow up in The Lab.

Most importantly, Have Fun.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2017, 03:26 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC vidcom  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2017, 01:04 pm »
Welcome!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven