Mom stinks, please deodorize her. Please advise re: Ions, filters, Ozone...?

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Read 1269 times.

richidoo

Keep those bowels moving with FruitEZE  - prune, date, raisin pudding.
Use a safe probiotic like Primadophilus, with no soil bacteria strains like subtilis.

The livers deodorizes from the inside by filtering and detoxing blood. Liver gets sluggish in old people. When liver can't totally clean the blood, the remaining odor comes out in breath and BO. Fix fatty liver and dissolve cholesterol blockage in bile ducts with choline from egg yolks (3/day) and eat 4oz of beef liver per week. Then get the bile moving with beets. Raw is much better than cooked, but start very slow to avoid nausea if cholesterol is still blocking bile ducts. A pill called Bile Flow is good for this. Vitamin C, taurine and lots of water make the bile flow strong and healthy and able to dissolve fat, cause BMs, and control bad bacteria intestine. Fixing the liver is the best thing she can do. Keep liver flowing by eating lots of fatty foods, olive oil, coconut oil, fatty meats.

A magnesium chloride supplement like ReMag or SloMag will fix a lot of things, including the activating detox systems. Mag chloride is the only in vitro antiseptic, it kills every pathogen microbe without harming tissue so it will help balance intestinal bacteria and bacteria in the body. Most people are very magnesium deficient, so it will help in many other nutritional ways too. Mental, immunity, enzymes. The magnesium might also help your wife's over sensitivity, mental and physical. There's an eBook about ReMag. I use that, it's awesome.

Coconut oil suppresses bad microbes in the intestines and energizes the liver. Very healthy oil.

Chlorophyll is a powerful natural internal deodorizer if you take enough. Very nutritious too. We use Pines wheatgrass tablets. Don't use algae or alfalfa. Chlorophyll is just the green chemical in plants' "blood." Eating large deep green salads will work just as well. It feeds good intestinal bacteria.

Ozone is the ultimate air freshener. We have been using them for 20 years for everything. As long as you can't smell the ozone then level is way below safe max. Run it upstairs with all doors open, HVAC circulation fans on. Ozone will fall downstairs and freshen the whole house. It decomposes back to oxygen in 15-20 minutes, so a residential air freshener type unit can never exceed safe level used this way, treating whole house with open doors. I've had a few of them over the years, my next one will be very powerful unit with adjustable output, so I can use on low for general air freshener, but crank it up to clean things like cars, AC coils, carpet, paint and chem smells, crawlspace, and to shock hotel rooms while we're not in there.

Summer's coming. Soon it'll be nice to sit outside on the porch. ;)

Early B.

That's your wife's problem. Let her figure out what to do. Whatever you attempt to do to resolve the issue won't ever be good enough.

Bob in St. Louis

  • Volunteer
  • Posts: 12513
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Based on the thread title, I thought Thunderbrick had some more in-laws visiting.

Elizabeth

  • Full Member
  • Posts: 1426
  • Love is all there is....
That's your wife's problem. Let her figure out what to do. Whatever you attempt to do to resolve the issue won't ever be good enough.
I wholeheartedly agree. The wife has issues...
Typically a new smell gets adjusted to pretty fast. IT is the worry and metal issues about smelling that are the real problem.
And I would say it is your wife's internal problem, not yours.

max190

  • Full Member
  • Posts: 329
  • Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
Based on the thread title, I thought Thunderbrick had some more in-laws visiting.
Thread winner!

Early B.

I wholeheartedly agree. The wife has issues...
...IT is the worry and metal issues about smelling that are the real problem.

Hmmm....someone has been studying Traditional Chinese Medicine. 8)

Bob in St. Louis

  • Volunteer
  • Posts: 12513
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Thread winner!
Thank you.
I was actually very proud of that one.
Although, I'm not sure how many "get it", but I certainly enjoyed typing it.  :wink:

thunderbrick

  • Volunteer
  • Posts: 5011
  • I'm just not right!
+1
If your wife/partner is sensitive to someone who has bathed daily, the problem is not your mother.  Air out the house two days after cooking bacon??? I seriously hope this is hyperbole. I mean, a hound dog would have trouble with that.

I think I married her sister....... :peek:

Not only does she have hyper-active olfactory glands, she has a vivid imagination about with the purported smells are CAUSED  by.  Leaking propane, mold, carbon monoxide, you name it.

But she did let me buy the big Maggies, so I guess I can live with her...

thunderbrick

  • Volunteer
  • Posts: 5011
  • I'm just not right!
No, this does NOT belong in the Karma Circle, we are NOT giving away anyone's mother.


Not without posting her photo, at least....

thunderbrick

  • Volunteer
  • Posts: 5011
  • I'm just not right!

And I would say it is your wife's internal problem, not yours.

uh, that would make it his problem..... :surrender:

Folsom

I think this can be a symptom of cleaning too much... using chemicals especially.

JLM

  • Full Member
  • Posts: 7678
  • The elephant normally IS the room
I think you mean say twice per day, mainly before sleep.

Nope, twice per WEEK.  The elderly skin and scalp  (age 80 and above) produce less oils and can dry out from excess bathing/showering, plus the concern for slips and falls associated with baths/showers.  This issue came up with my 96 year old mother in-law who is discharged from a nursing home today and was their recommendation.  Healthcare workers routinely complain of skin drying out and breaking down from frequent hand washing, thus one of the big reasons for development of hand sanitizers that include lotion.

The amount of bathing/showering needed depends on activity level, social acceptance, diet, age, and racial background (some simply sweat or produce more oils than others).

In general we've become hyper sensitive to body odors in the past few decades.  Growing up on the farm we bathed weekly, unless the work was particularly dirty/strenuous.  Oh how time have changed.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2017, 02:29 pm by JLM »

THROWBACK

  • Jr. Member
  • Posts: 201
Fascinating topic, especially since I turned 80 last July. You just never know what you're going to learn on this forum. Thanks for a useful discussion.

FullRangeMan

  • Volunteer
  • Posts: 7619
  • All Tweeters look like a target, then shoot them!
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Nope, twice per WEEK.  The elderly skin and scalp  (age 80 and above) produce less oils and can dry out from excess bathing/showering, plus the concern for slips and falls associated with baths/showers.  This issue came up with my 96 year old mother in-law who is discharged from a nursing home today and was their recommendation.  Healthcare workers routinely complain of skin drying out and breaking down from frequent hand washing, thus one of the big reasons for development of hand sanitizers that include lotion.

The amount of bathing/showering needed depends on activity level, social acceptance, diet, age, and racial background (some simply sweat or produce more oils than others).

In general we've become hyper sensitive to body odors in the past few decades.  Growing up on the farm we bathed weekly, unless the work was particularly dirty/strenuous.  Oh how time have changed.
Oh yeah, of course I understand, this is perfectly normal, no prob.
2 baths per week are fully enough, also dermatologists will love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wk9iT7H07o

sonicxtc

Thank you everyone for your humorous replies, psychological observations and pragmatic solutions.
I'm going to sift through these and take additional actions. I do believe in the notion of internal cleansing and I do know that chlorophyll is definitely beneficial. I could likely put some wheatgrass powder in a smoothie, too.

Last night I did try a new technique. I used a quick drying water based polyurethane spray. It definitely prevents any odors from oozing out of her body, but unfortunately she complained of extreme muscle stiffness. So, then I had to wipe her down with Goof Off to try and remove the polyurethane. Well, the Goof-off definitely masks the odor of almost anything. Yes, I now know this is not the best solution.
[And, yes, I didn't really do this, so no need to report me to the authorities--at least not for that.]