Stellar Albums on the BCD-3

Mag

Re: Stellar Albums on the BCD-3
« Reply #20 on: 27 Feb 2017, 04:50 am »
Terry Edmunds, Givin' it Back- Blues Rocks

Terry Edmunds is a blues band from Nova Scotia, Canada. I bought this cd off him when he played at a local bar in Saskatoon more than 10 years ago. So finding a copy maybe difficult.

Mag

« Reply #21 on: 4 Mar 2017, 12:47 am »
Love Story Soundtrack: This album I transferred from LP, which I had forgotten until I heard the clicks & pops. Which I'm glad I did since my last renter walked off with a bunch of my vinyl.

This sounded stellar, I imagine the cd version is just as good.

Mag

« Reply #22 on: 16 Jun 2017, 01:40 am »
Not a fan of Jimi Hendrix, think he's over-rated but this song 'Fire' really rocks with the BCD-3. Never heard a snare drum on a recording have this kind of slam, so I crank the volume and repeat song a few times! :rock:

I believe the album is 'Are You Experienced' as I found this disc on the ground.

Xinon

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jun 2017, 01:14 pm »
Not a fan of Jimi Hendrix, think he's over-rated but this song 'Fire' really rocks with the BCD-3. Never heard a snare drum on a recording have this kind of slam, so I crank the volume and repeat song a few times! :rock:

I believe the album is 'Are You Experienced' as I found this disc on the ground.

:thumb:
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2017, 05:37 pm by Xinon »

Mag

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jul 2017, 03:10 am »
Rush- Gold, 2006 2 CD

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #25 on: 13 Jul 2017, 10:53 am »
Rush's "Hemispheres" is still my fav album of their's. The lyrics and tunes are unmatched.

Mag

« Reply #26 on: 17 Aug 2017, 01:31 am »
Stopped in at Sunrise Record Store which replaced HMV so had to give 'em some business. Bought 5 cd's, first to make the cut.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer- Works- Volume 1, 2 cd deluxe edition 24 bit/96 KHZ 2017 Remaster of the 1977 LP.

I bought this album mainly for the 2 tracks, Fanfare for the Common Man, Pirates, I can tolerate the other tracks on disc 2 which was side 2 on the LP. Now as I recall these two tracks would distort somewhat with the vinyl mainly because of the bass. The bass for Fanfare for the Common Man on this cd is again quite heavy but doesn't distort, the mids and treble sound polite. I could crank the volume more to get the mids & highs to my liking but I'm afraid the neighbors might complain about the bass shaking their house. Pirates I really like this song and it comes through without distortion.

Now Fanfare for the Common Man I believe was recorded in Olympic Stadium in something like -30 temperature, from a video I had seen. Don't know if the rest of the album was recorded this way.

Mag

« Reply #27 on: 17 Aug 2017, 03:58 am »
Deep Purple in Concert 1970- 1972, digitally remastered

Recorded in BBC studio and aired on BBC radio Sunday Show February 22 and Wednesday 25, 1970 and 1972 concert March 18th.

Not as refined a performance as Made in Japan 25th Anniversary cd, but you know you're listening to hard rock.

Mag

« Reply #28 on: 19 Aug 2017, 11:18 pm »
Deep Purple- MK iii the Final Concerts- digitally remastered

Okay this one the recording was hot, came through loud with volume dial only at 9 o'clock position. Impressions were Deep Purple was on stage and I was sitting in the middle of the audience, it sounded that real.

As for the performance having grown up with Made in Japan as my reference I give it a 2 out of 5. If you want to hear the band butcher their songs this is the album to get! :nono:

It is depressing for me to learn the band I idolized in my youth, really is not very good.

It however is not a total failure as I give a big 'F' for failure, to the Iron Maiden- The Book of Souls, performance. To make matters worse I had forgotten that I already purchased this crap album. :duh:

Mag

« Reply #29 on: 26 Aug 2017, 05:57 pm »
The best pop album of the 70's...Ever!

I hesitated in buying this collection as most of the songs are crap or I have them already. But I got it for the songs American Pie- Don McLean, Last Song- Edward Bear, Cat's in the Cradle- Harry Chapin. Hot Child in the City- Nick Gilder, My Sharona- The Knack.

Last Song- by Edward Bear I'm embarrassed to say was I recall the first 45 rpm I purchased when I was a kid before I discovered rock. Not sure why I liked it cause I certainly don't like it now except for being nostalgic.

My Sharona, OMG!! I have this download somewhere on a thumb drive, but I don't recall it sounding this good and being the same version. This is definitely the radio version that I like, it Rocks and sounds stellar!

Most of the songs are stellar recordings, I recall one sounding compressed.